Author Topic: Gears of War: Judgment  (Read 14887 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Gears of War: Judgment
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2012, 04:30:22 AM »
Epic shares Gears of War insight and trivia at Comic-Con panel

Healing from a Distance

Bleszinski thought of creating a pistol that could heal allies and revive people from a distance, but Fergusson shot it down after it was tested for a while. "I'd rather shoot people than heal people with a gun," he said.

Bleszinski got the last laugh, however: The idea has been implemented in Judgment, more or less, with the introduction of a healing grenade that also revives anyone it hits.

Remember reading about this in a Q&A done by Rod after Gears 3 was first announced, not many people liked the idea! The healing grenade looks ok in Overrun though.

Offline Smithk4

• PSN: Smithk4
  • XBL: Nursingtitan84
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 05:51:22 AM »
Epic shares Gears of War insight and trivia at Comic-Con panel

Healing from a Distance

Bleszinski thought of creating a pistol that could heal allies and revive people from a distance, but Fergusson shot it down after it was tested for a while. "I'd rather shoot people than heal people with a gun," he said.
D
Bleszinski got the last laugh, however: The idea has been implemented in Judgment, more or less, with the introduction of a healing grenade that also revives anyone it hits.

Remember reading about this in a Q&A done by Rod after Gears 3 was first announced, not many people liked the idea! The healing grenade looks ok in Overrun though.

Ya saw this in action in the OverRun demos. Looks an interesting addition! Something different at the very least.

[/url]
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2012, 03:55:44 PM »
I don't like this healing grenade nonsense. I'm fine with ranged healing, but jesus, just make it some kind of throwable medipac or something. Exploding magic healing paste is too.. bleh. Not gritty, not gears!

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 04:45:15 PM »
I don't like this healing grenade nonsense. I'm fine with ranged healing, but jesus, just make it some kind of throwable medipac or something. Exploding magic healing paste is too.. bleh. Not gritty, not gears!

Ahh...Borderlands... :) Oops, wrong thread.  ;D

Offline BackupLight

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »

Ahh...Borderlands... :) Oops, wrong thread.  ;D

;D

At least in Borderlands everything is whack. In Gears I expect different!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 05:47:41 PM »
You can get addicted to them though, that's why i set up the 'Transfusiongrenades Are Malicious Purple Oval Narcotics' charity to combat the addictive nature of them.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
You can get addicted to them though, that's why i set up the 'Transfusiongrenades Are Malicious Purple Oval Narcotics' charity to combat the addictive nature of them.

We are all in your debt.   :-*

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »
New Multiplayer Mode Coming to Gears of War: Judgment

People Can Fly and Epic Games have cooked up a new multiplayer mode for next year’s Gears of War: Judgment.

The upcoming prequel will feature something called “Free for All” mode, which sounds like boring old Deathmatch but could prove to be a little more interesting.

In a teaser for the publication’s next issue, OXM US described the new mode by saying, “Judgment aims to blur the line between friend and foe when the new match type debuts next year.”

A full reveal of the mode is promised in the mag's next cover story, with the first image shown as a tease on the website. We’ve popped it below.

So what could “Free for All” mode be? OXM wouldn’t put a Deathmatch reveal on the front cover, would it? Fingers crossed for something a little more inventive.

Gears of War: Judgment is out on March 19th, 2013

Offline donnieoneshot

• Children of the night. What music they make.
  • Last.fm: donnieoneshot
  • XBL: donnieoneshot
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »
Every man for himself would be my guess. No teams.
[/url]

Offline BackupLight

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2012, 09:25:19 AM »
Them saying blur the line between friend and foe makes me think that teams swap throughout the match. So one minute you're in a crowd of team mates, then suddenly half of them are enemies.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 11:18:10 AM »
Them saying blur the line between friend and foe makes me think that teams swap throughout the match. So one minute you're in a crowd of team mates, then suddenly half of them are enemies.

...Or, and this might seem like a slight stretch, but who knows. How about a "Fragile Alliance" - a la Kane & Lynch, leaving room for some back-stabbing and rogue Gear-play?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »
From Epic:

Gears of War: Judgment Free-For-All Mode Announced!

Debuting and playable this week at PAX Prime in Seattle (booth #412) this new multiplayer experience throws team tactics out the window as each player battles for survival and kills versus all other players. A first for the Gears of War series, the Free-For-All mode pits COG soldier on COG soldier in test of wits and will.

To debut the new mode with a bang, Epic Games and Microsoft are showing off two new maps as well – Gondola and Library.

GONDOLA – The Coastal Villa Apartments are part of the exclusive Halvo community located in the prestigious Agora foothills.  Residents enjoy a host of interior upgrades, and each unit features an ocean view from a private patio or balcony.  This quiet, gated community is located only a short gondola ride from the renowned shops and businesses of our active and thriving coastal community.

LIBRARY – The Alexiy Desipich Memorial Library is not a library in the traditional sense, but rather an archive of important documents surrounding his life, career, and personal interests.  An avid historian, politician, and philosopher, Desipich is most remembered as the father and creator of the Austere Canon, the basis for the Coalition of Ordered Governments, which was shaped around eight guiding principles: Order, Diligence, Purity, Labor, Honor, Loyalty, Faith, and Humility.

Free-For-All is the second new multiplayer experience introduced for “Gears of War: Judgment.” It joins OverRun, the thrilling class-based competitive mode that pits Locust and COG soldiers in a head-to-head battle, to give “Gears” fans an addictive gameplay experience.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »

...Or, and this might seem like a slight stretch, but who knows. How about a "Fragile Alliance" - a la Kane & Lynch, leaving room for some back-stabbing and rogue Gear-play?

That was my thought, but from the PAX announcement it sounds like vanilla deathmatch.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2012, 08:13:21 AM »
New bolt action rifle called the Breechshot included in these free for all vids:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6x52SvPDzY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6x52SvPDzY</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcXTYG9zik" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcXTYG9zik</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2012, 06:38:25 AM »
No more grenade planting it seems, Epic's Peter Knepley tweeted this yesterday

Advertisement: