Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 43211 times)

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
here is an excellent resource for all things skyrim related. if you are as excited as me then check it out  :)

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/esv.aspx

man i feel like a ghost sometimes, it's like i never even posted

I checked out the link shortly after you posted it.   I am looking forward to the game, but I am not quite as excited as you about it.   ;) I never really got in to Oblivion, but I think that is because I really liked Fallout 3 better. 

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2011, 02:14:08 PM »
I'm the opposite.  I was completely obsessed with Oblivion (100% cheevos), but never really got into Fallout 3.  One of these days I'm going to have to buckle down and actually play it.   :)

Offline dfusioness

• Way Beyond Awesome
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: xbn darkdesire
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 02:17:07 PM »
i love oblivion, i can honestly say that apart fro mass effect i have never been so obssesed with a game, god help me when skyrim comes out, and i play ME 2,

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2011, 02:40:19 PM »
I'm the opposite.  I was completely obsessed with Oblivion (100% cheevos), but never really got into Fallout 3.  One of these days I'm going to have to buckle down and actually play it.   :)

As a huge Oblivion fan myself, I heartily recommend New Vegas.
Your mom!

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »

I refuse to let myself buy Skyrim unless I have finished Oblivion.  I guess I need to buckle down and start it again.  I didn't get very far the first time I tried it.

Offline dfusioness

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • XBL: xbn darkdesire
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »
i watched dave play fallout , but i never liked the look of it, i like a game thats not stressful, which is what i was getting from that, hopefully vegas will be different, ive joined love film again so i might rent it

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »
I'm the opposite.  I was completely obsessed with Oblivion (100% cheevos), but never really got into Fallout 3.  One of these days I'm going to have to buckle down and actually play it.   :)

I refuse to let myself buy Skyrim unless I have finished Oblivion.  I guess I need to buckle down and start it again.  I didn't get very far the first time I tried it.

I actually did struggle a lot when I first started playing Oblivion.  Somehow I got lost in the castle during the escape sequence ... which I'm not even sure is possible.  I died constantly because I couldn't figure out how to change/assign weapons (among other seemingly obvious actions).  It probably took me about 3+ hours to fully comprehend exactly how to play the game.  Once I figured it out, I couldn't stop playing.

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
I'm the opposite.  I was completely obsessed with Oblivion (100% cheevos), but never really got into Fallout 3.  One of these days I'm going to have to buckle down and actually play it.   :)

I actually did struggle a lot when I first started playing Oblivion.  Somehow I got lost in the castle during the escape sequence ... which I'm not even sure is possible.  I died constantly because I couldn't figure out how to change/assign weapons (among other seemingly obvious actions).  It probably took me about 3+ hours to fully comprehend exactly how to play the game.  Once I figured it out, I couldn't stop playing.

wow i wish i was you guys, i picked it up after like everyone at my job was like GO BUY IT NAO!
i get home, start playing it and i was so simply
disgusted  with it, like ugh made me sick. just the look of the game made me go yuck..
same day i returned it...
i think ill just buy pre-owned when tis one comes out..

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2011, 04:19:19 AM »
here is an excellent resource for all things skyrim related. if you are as excited as me then check it out  :)

Sorry!!! i was referring to your post but guess i should have quoted or something was just after listening to it and in my haste to say how good it was forgot to send some creds your way for pointing it out  :-[

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2011, 09:36:59 AM »

wow i wish i was you guys, i picked it up after like everyone at my job was like GO BUY IT NAO!
disgusted  with it, like ugh made me sick. just the look of the game made me go yuck..

That's probably our age showing.  When you grow up being wow'd by games that look like ...

The graphical shortcomings of modern games is more easily overlooked.   ;)

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
here is an excellent resource for all things skyrim related. if you are as excited as me then check it out  :)

Sorry!!! i was referring to your post but guess i should have quoted or something was just after listening to it and in my haste to say how good it was forgot to send some creds your way for pointing it out  :-[

my fault. i over reacted because the mere thought of skyrim excites me that much that after i posted the link i was expecting everyone to be as excited as me and throw a parade in my honour for posting the link or something  :D
the podcast is excellent though your right, i just can't get enough info about skyrim at the moment. and to elle's comment, when oblivion first came out in 2006 it was the first next gen title that showed what was and could be possible with the new hardware, and all the reviewers and gamers who played the game in those first few months absolutely raved about how good the graphics were, with one reviewer saying 'oblivion is the best looking game i have ever seen'. It does look dated now though i agree on that, although apart from the character models and animations i still think the game looks damn fine anyway (probably because i grew up with a sega master system as my first console, and also because i played the elder scrolls 3 - morrowind on original xbox)

I just got back into oblivion these past couple of weeks as i still haven't finished the game. According to the in game stats i have now played for whopping 220 hours, yet i still have a couple of quests left to finish in the fighters guild, all the thieves guild and dark brotherhood quests to do, the last mission of the main story to do and the dlc packs knights of the nine and the shivering isles to play through (if i ever get the disc off of love film now that i have rejoined). By the time i am done with all that i will have probably clocked up over 300 hours of play time (piss poor value for money  ;D) and skyrim will be mere weeks rather than months away. Bring it on!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:05:21 PM by DFUSIONITE »

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2011, 04:06:30 AM »
Have to start oblivion over again as when my old xbox died i lost my save file so will have to give it a go again before the 11 11 2011 doubt i'l be able to clock in 200+ hours but hope to a least do the main story  ;D

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2011, 07:50:17 AM »
Have to start oblivion over again as when my old xbox died i lost my save file so will have to give it a go again before the 11 11 2011 doubt i'l be able to clock in 200+ hours but hope to a least do the main story  ;D

ah well, at least it's not like mass effect where your character carries over. and at least you have a nice excuse to play it again, even if it is just the main quest. Personally I will be aiming to play skyrim for at least 400 hours, i played morrowind for 100+ hours, oblivion will end up nearly 300 so i might as well push for 400 next time.  :) I am so excited about skyrim i think my arm might burst, i could easily sell all my other games in november and just play skyrim and gears 3 forever!

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2011, 10:44:12 PM »

That's probably our age showing.  When you grow up being wow'd by games that look like ...

The graphical shortcomings of modern games is more easily overlooked.   ;)

meng even atari games looked better!

i played that SO MUCH before i got my more modern consoles!

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2011, 02:52:56 AM »

ah well, at least it's not like mass effect where your character carries over. and at least you have a nice excuse to play it again, even if it is just the main quest. Personally I will be aiming to play skyrim for at least 400 hours, i played morrowind for 100+ hours, oblivion will end up nearly 300 so i might as well push for 400 next time.  :) I am so excited about skyrim i think my arm might burst, i could easily sell all my other games in november and just play skyrim and gears 3 forever!

I have no doubt that both will be well worth the wait  ;D

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads