Author Topic: Assassin's Creed III  (Read 10426 times)

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
Re: Assassin's Creed III
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »
Well they never really dumped Altair's story as such cause he has a legacy throughout Ezio's story, being the master assassin that he was.
I do like Ezio as well but Altair v Templars= :)
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »
Well they never really dumped Altair's story as such cause he has a legacy throughout Ezio's story, being the master assassin that he was.
I do like Ezio as well but Altair v Templars= :)

Right, the flashbacks to him are quite good. I preferred Ezio when he was in Italy! I really should get on with finishing Revelations though. Else I'm going to be rushing to finish it when 3 comes out ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2012, 04:41:20 AM »
Assassin's Creed 3 main character, announcement date leaked?
Images of point to American Revolution setting

A promotional image what's claimed to be the main character in Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed 3 has appeared online.

The image was sent to Kotaku by a Best Buy employee and features a character sporting the iconic assassin cowl standing in front of an old American flag.

The mysterious man is armed with what looks like tomahawk, and a gun. He also has a native Indian style bow and arrows on his back, which might be a clue as to his ethnicity.

Along with the promotional image the Best Buy employee has claimed Assassin's Creed 3 will be fully unveiled on March 5, yesterday Ubisoft teased a big Assassin's Creed announcement on its Facebook Page: "A major announcement from Assassin's Creed is only days away." There's a good chance this is it.

In January we reported a rumour that Assassin's Creed 3 is set to switch setting to the American Revolution, the 18th century conflict is to mark the series' 'biggest instalment yet', according to Ubisoft, and our insider indicated the game will be publicly showcased before the end of the company's fiscal year on March 31.

Ubisoft has previously confirmed AC3 will be out in October

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2012, 10:51:09 AM »
Interesting.  However, they're jumping ahead about 200 years.  Seems like they should have spend a little more time in 15-1700's, but maybe the jump will be explained.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2012, 01:44:52 PM »

Offline BackupLight

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2012, 02:51:59 PM »
Interesting.  However, they're jumping ahead about 200 years.  Seems like they should have spend a little more time in 15-1700's, but maybe the jump will be explained.

I'm just REALLY hoping they don't get too gun happy. I'm not keen on the entire concept of Ezio having weird little gun attachments when he's just as expert with a silent throwing knife. There's a long way between the stealthy sniper rifle action of modern games and the veritable blunderbuss that I can imagine them chucking at us for AC3 :)

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »

Really need to catch up on this series now...is that cover official? If so, I think this is the first time the cover features some sort of action as opposed to a posed image.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:03:25 PM by zerosum »

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 03:16:22 AM »
Set during the war for independence i guess? I never really got into the series though

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 01:56:22 PM »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »

I c wut dey did der.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 02:48:10 PM »

"Hey.  Guy walking toward me carrying a complete arsenal with bloodlust in his eyes ... stop."   #)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
  • PSN: MumseyFish
  • XBL: Mumsey Fish, Squishary
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »
I'm a huge AC fan...but this installment has me wondering if I'll continue being a huge AC fan.  The civil war? Really?  It just seems to me they could have picked SO many better places and times.  And that 200 year jump.... hmmm.  There are supposed to be seven of these numbered AC games, so I suppose with the animus they could jump all over the place. Just seems to me they would keep with a more consistent timeline. Don't you think?

Offline BackupLight

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 04:11:24 PM »
I'm a huge AC fan...but this installment has me wondering if I'll continue being a huge AC fan.  The civil war? Really?  It just seems to me they could have picked SO many better places and times.  And that 200 year jump.... hmmm.  There are supposed to be seven of these numbered AC games, so I suppose with the animus they could jump all over the place. Just seems to me they would keep with a more consistent timeline. Don't you think?

That's how I feel, I like linear progression with the story - but I suppose there's no reason they can't go back further in the timeline to discover something new in AC4 for instance. I'm interested to see what they do with the civil war story since, actually, I really love that part of history. It just completely hinges on how well they execute it.

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
  • PSN: MumseyFish
  • XBL: Mumsey Fish, Squishary
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
I guess the Civil war period doesn't really excite me. Probably because they stuffed us so full of it in school, seeing as that's about all the history we have here.  Not to mention I lived in the south for ten years and the Civil war mentality down there is just... well... I don't even know how to describe it.  People are so touchy about it down there. As if we were still fighting the dammed thing and they haven't lost yet.  :o   

But you're right Backup, it all depends on how well they execute it.  I'm also curious how they'll handle the multi-player in this one.  I'm not a big fan of multi-player in this game. I wish they had put in something like they did in Red Dead Redemption, where you can go on co-op missions.  Or at least give us that option....so you can either go around shooting each other, or you can happily go along on missions with a friend.  I would love to see that in more games.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads