Author Topic: Achievements not unclocking on Aracde titles transferred from my old Xbox  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: Jaynestown
Anyone know why when I play Streets Of Rage 2 and Soul Calibur the achievements don't seem to unlock? Whilst the game is running, if I click the big green button on the controller to bring up the Dashboard it shows my achievement score (total) as 0 instead of 39925. After I close the games neither seem to register that I've played them either. I'm guessing it may have something to do with the fact that they were transferred from my old Xbox. Any ideas anyone?

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
not sure JT...normally if funny things start happening I tend to clear the cache and then recover my GT - seems to work, but i've never had this issue

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
not sure JT...normally if funny things start happening I tend to clear the cache and then recover my GT - seems to work, but i've never had this issue

I'd be slightly concerned about clearing my cache, I heard it can reset your Gears Of War 2 statistics and I don't want to do that (although I may have just amde that up!!!)

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato

I'd be slightly concerned about clearing my cache, I heard it can reset your Gears Of War 2 statistics and I don't want to do that (although I may have just amde that up!!!)

I think the GoW stat reset is a problem people experience while playing splitscreen online.  I don't think your cache has any affect.

But just to be safe, delete your exiting profile from your console (My Xbox > System Settings > Memory > Game Profiles).  You'll be prompted to only delete the profile, or delete profiles AND ITEMS.  DO NOT select the 'AND ITEMS' options.  Only delete the profile.  Then RECOVER your profile from Xbox Live.

If the problem continues, clearing your cache may be your only other options.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
i clear my cache once a month and have never had any problems, usually clears about 1GB of space, they've patched the Gears 2 level delete thing on the last title update. I heard it was to do with levelling up offline or on another console and then going back online.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
I shall try clearing my cache first and then I'll try the profile deletion as well if that doesn't sort it out. Thanks for the input guys :)

Edit: Just noticed that it's now registered that I've played Soul Calibur, I'll try it again first, very odd!!!

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
OK, I've done all of that, and it's still showing as zero gamer score when I run the game.

Anybody got any other ideas?

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
OK, I've done all of that, and it's still showing as zero gamer score when I run the game.

Anybody got any other ideas?

If a game get's 'stuck' to unlock achievements, after fixing the problem you sometimes need to unlock a new achievement to shake the rest of the achievements 'lose'.

Now that you've cleared your cache AND recovered your profile, try to unlock a new achievement that you haven't already unlocked to see what happens.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
i agree with neato, unlock another achieve. they appear on MGC

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
Well I don't know, it won't let me unlock any achievements, I've done Ivy's Summon Suffering maneuvre about 30 times and it won't unlock, neither will the winning with low health achievement, both I managed to unlock with a different ID (as the second controller). There's definitely something up with it. When I exit the game my total achievement score is showing as 0 still!!!

HELP!

Edit: with the second ID it won't let me play the game as the main ID, it says the game is a trial game only. Is that because the ID wasn't present when I downloaded it? If so, out of curiousity, how would I be able to play the full game with a second ID without having to pay for it again?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:32:22 AM by Jaynestown »

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
have you transferred the user rights ??

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
have you transferred the user rights ??

What's that mean?

Offline RedMaster11

• Super Dooper Member
  • XBL: Red Master 11
You have to transfer all your licenses for downloaded content...

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/drm/

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
You have to transfer all your licenses for downloaded content...

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/drm/

My mate had to do this when his Elite broke and Comet replaced the whole thing including the HDD, but if you've upgraded to an Elite and used the hard drive transfer kit then this is all done as part of the process.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
All the arcade games I had prior to transferring my data from my old xbox to my elite all show up as trial games only for the other ID, but any I've downloaded since them seem to be playable by the other ID.

I still don't understand why Soul Calibur doesn't seem to want to unlock the achievements for me on my normal Gamertag?  >:(

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads