Author Topic: D.I.C.E. Summit 2010  (Read 842 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
D.I.C.E. Summit 2010
« on: February 26, 2010, 11:30:34 AM »
I haven't heard anything mentioned here regarding the D.I.C.E. Summit that took place last week, so here we go.

D.I.C.E. (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) Summit is an annual multi-day gathering of video game executives held in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Established in 2002 by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, the conference is host to the annual Entertainment Software Association's Interactive Achievement Awards.  The conference differs from other conferences in the industry in its emphasis on the business and production end of the industry, with a focus on trends and innovations in video game design.  The conference specializes in providing a more intimate, orderly venue for select industry leaders to network.

While that may sound boring to the casual crowd, the discussions and lectures are some of the most interesting a true videogame fan may ever have the privilege to witness.

US television network G4 is currently hosting a large l library of archived video coverage of the 2010 D.I.C.E. Summit on their website.

http://g4tv.com/dice2010/videos/

One of the most notable speakers was well-known-industry-douchebag Bobby Kotick (Activision CEO),  who attempted to use his speech to improve his negative public image.  But instead made a bigger ass of himself by insulting EA and numerous independant developers.

Since it is a US television network, it's possible these videos may not be viewable outside of the US.  If you have trouble viewing the videos, please let me know.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:20:35 PM by nCogNeato »

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
Re: D.I.C.E. Summit 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 12:06:05 PM »
Nice one Neato. They work fine. Will give these a proper watch over the weekend.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads