Author Topic: PSN Down Worlwide  (Read 17063 times)

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
  • XBL: CRracer 912
Re: PSN Down Worlwide
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 04:31:58 PM »
Luke, how did you know I was currently doing bible study???

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 04:36:35 PM »
hmmm, you're not one of those 'glitchers' claiming false fame are you???  ;D

lol.  Yep, you caught me.  I glitched my way to an astounding Level 2 (whatever that means).   ;)

I wonder if it'd help to log out of your PSN account online and then back in?

I tried this a few hours ago during my lunch break.  I updated my PS3's clock via Internet (again).  Signed into my PSN account.  Checked my trophy list was correct under GAMES on the XMB.  'Synced' my trophy list (by clicking on my PSN Tag and again from the GAME tab).

I can even compare my trophies with others on my friendlist using my PS3 and they do show up.

However, none of the above helped anything.  My online profile still looks like this ...

>:( >:( >:(

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:38:48 PM by nCogNeato »

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »
Yeah, I glitched my way to a Gamescore of 40 on XBL!  I went from 15 to 40 just by completing the first level in Doom!  I didn't get squat for completing the entire first episode!

I could probably explain your level 2 to you, if you could get your games to show up under your trophies  ;)

It's basically a measure of awesomeness. Trophies are the awards you get for being a particular awesomed

Offline Symmo

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 06:42:56 PM »
Trophies are like achievements just......

Not as cool.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 07:19:03 PM »

Well I discovered the problem.  There are apparently A LOT of trophy-enabled games that have virtually been removed from PSN's trophy database.  You can still earn the trophies and view them on your own console, but playstation.com has no record of them.

I first stumbled upon this when I compared my Heavy Rain trophies against Maib's (since he's played it).  I can see his trophies on my console, but if you view Maib's PSN profile, Heavy Rain is nowhere to be seen.

Sony really f***ed this up for everyone.   :'(

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 07:28:56 PM »
The invisible trophy issue may be restricted to the US playstation.com site.  Some are reporting that the UK (and other) sites are either not affected, or are experiencing different issues.

List of known games that no longer appear on PSN's trophy list
Aliens vs. Predator
God of War Collection:  God of War 1
God of War Collection:  God of War 2
Heavy Rain
Prototype
Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International

... and growing

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 06:57:44 AM »
i am so glad i chose the superior console over ps3. my friend has a ps3 and he has been telling me how much better it is than the 360 for ages. Now i'm gonna rub his face in it   ;D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 09:07:53 AM »
Trophies are like achievements just......

Not as cool.

I could not agree more. 

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 09:19:09 AM »
i am so glad i chose the superior console over ps3. my friend has a ps3 and he has been telling me how much better it is than the 360 for ages. Now i'm gonna rub his face in it   ;D

Power wise the PS3 is superior to the 360, games like Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain would struggle to run on the 360 if it all, along with blu-ray, thats pretty much the only thing going for it and it's taken ages for developers to get to grips with the consoles power, not a fan of PSN and all this stuff going on certainly doesn't help, Live has PSN beat hands down. 

One thing i've found with PSN and i'm not sure if this affects anyone else, are download speeds, it took 4/5 hours to download the Heavy Rain demo on Saturday, a demo that weighed in at around 1.7GB, yet a similar sized download on the 360 only took around 30 minutes, either every man and his dog were downloading the thing at the same time or my PS3 is a bit goosed  ;D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 09:44:20 AM »
Power wise the PS3 is superior to the 360

From a technical perspective, this is certainly true.  Unfortunately, Sony didn't make their 'power' very easy for developers to utilize.  When Sony initially gave developers their development kits, it was a bit like giving a Harmony remote to your grandmother and telling her to program it.   :D

The Atari Jaguar and Panasonic 3DO were also "superior" to rival consoles at the time, but poor development support (among other things) buried them.

The early (and well-played) advantage Microsoft took at launch was improving development tools for 3rd-party developers, which is greatly why Microsoft receives so much support from them now.

games like Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain would struggle to run on the 360 if it all

I agree with Uncharted 2.  Killzone 2 did not leave me with a very positive impression.  And Heavy Rain's graphics were far worse than I anticipated.  After all of the time they took to release it, I really expected Heavy Rain to at least match the graphics of the first Uncharted.   :(

One thing i've found with PSN and i'm not sure if this affects anyone else, are download speeds, it took 4/5 hours to download the Heavy Rain demo on Saturday, a demo that weighed in at around 1.7GB, yet a similar sized download on the 360 only took around 30 minutes, either every man and his dog were downloading the thing at the same time or my PS3 is a bit goosed  ;D

The PSN "network / server / whateveryouwannacallit" is definitely strained.  There are a lot of online-integration that feels so primitive on PSN compared to Xbox Live.  24-hour profile update delays are another sign of poor infastructure.  And the whole 8001050F fiasco that happened last weekend gives many the unsettling impression of how disconnected the PS3 is from it's own PSN service.  While the Xbox 360 seems to integrate like liquid with the Xbox Live service.

It would be great if Sony's hardware team and Microsoft's software/network team collaborated to make a console better than either could make on their own.  Sadly, that will probably never happen.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:23 AM »
Good stuff Neato, i was amazed at how long the download took, it's the first demo i've downloaded on PSN so I had nothing to compare it to, luckily there aren't many other PS3 exclusives that i'm intending on trying so I don't think i'll bother getting any demos in the future.  Any multi-platform releases will be played, as always, on the 360.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 02:43:56 PM »
Also with the death of Halo 2, XBL will only get better!

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 03:10:22 PM »
Xbox 360 is way better than PS3 because I am a fanboy well girl so I know I am right
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 03:24:17 PM »
Xbox 360 is way better than PS3 because I am a fanboy well girl so I know I am right

It's certainly better, not so sure about way better but still  :)

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 03:45:21 PM »
OK, group hug everyone, way to give your console of choice props in the wrong forum!  ;D LOL!

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads