Author Topic: Resident Evil 6  (Read 8757 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Resident Evil 6
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 05:46:54 AM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 07:03:08 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9qE8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9qE8</a>

Offline Primal Angel

• Loves some Achievements
    • Time Zone: GMT -09
  • Last.fm: PrimalEnvy
  • XBL: xPrimalAngelx
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 07:34:22 PM »
I am a huge RE fan but ever since 5 the hype is over.  The movies are terrible. And I believe 6 is going to be ruined.  This is only my opinion.  RE4 to me was ok I had to be forced to actually try it.  But they are killing the stories of RE for me.  IDK i am just not into the new ones. 

SO SAD  :(

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »
Zombies are back, i'm happy!   :)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 07:44:18 PM »
More info

Capcom announces Resident Evil 6
Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy star

Resident Evil 6 launches on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on 20th November 2012, with a PC version to follow later, publisher Capcom has announced.

Set 10 years after the initial Raccoon City outbreak, the game sees series regulars Leon S Kennedy and Chris Redfield dealing with zombie outbreaks across the globe.

As seen in the reveal trailer, Kennedy is fighting off the undead in a small town in the US after the president gets infected, while Redfield is in an unnamed Chinese metropolis dealing with a bioterrorist threat there.

We reckon we spotted Resident Evil 4 damsel in distress Ashley in there somewhere too.

"From the outset the team's intention was to create an experience that delivers a gripping storyline, tense single-player and co-op action all set against a constant theme of horror. We are calling this fusion dramatic horror and are confident it will resonate with both existing fans of the series as well as newcomers," commented executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi

"Resident Evil 6 represents a giant stride forward in the evolution of the series," added Capcom R&D boss Katsuhiko Ichii.

"The development team, led by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, is working tirelessly to deliver the most impressive Resident Evil title ever both in terms of scope and production values. We are all genuinely excited by the title and cannot wait to share it with the world."

That's all the information Capcom has released for now, but promises news on "new characters and co-op details" soon.

The last numbered entry in Capcom's long-running survival horror series came out back in 2009, picking up a 7/10 from Eurogamer.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 08:47:17 PM »
Just seen a TV trailer, ALREADY

20-11-20-12 release date, i hope it's coop again.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 06:06:35 AM »
Just seen a TV trailer, ALREADY

20-11-20-12 release date, i hope it's coop again.

Capcom talked about co-op in the Eurogamer piece.   :)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 06:30:30 AM »
My hatred for 5's demo was unfounded when i played CoOp.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 06:40:01 AM »
My hatred for 5's demo was unfounded when i played CoOp.

We remember mate, you hated Resi 5 with a passion at first but ended up enjoying it, I still need to finish the damn thing yet!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 06:59:16 AM »
I even acquired the DLC

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:34 AM »
Looks quite good eh, slide cover system and slide shooting?
I haven't finished 5 either on chapter 5-2 I just lost all interest.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332888/resident-evil-attracting-cod-fans-the-dream-says-capcom-action-route-makes-sense/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:30:02 PM by Windedprism »
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 06:41:46 AM »
Exec Producer Lifts Lid on More Resident Evil 6 Details

Following the announcement of Resident Evil 6 at the Resident Evil anniversary party, executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayasi took the stage to share some additional details on the game.

As reported by Andriasang, Kobayashi said that Capcom are aiming to make the game the "ultimate horror entertainment." To achieve this, the team have been working with two main goals; to maintain the level of fear throughout and to overwhelming the player with the scale of the game, its story and the feeling of being mixed up in it all.

Kobayashi also revealed that Resi 6 will feature the return of zombies, following the series' “infected” focus in recent years. They'll be joined by other enemies, including the fearsome “Javo,” the green-eyed monster featured in the trailer. Kobayashi said that Javo will have a “greater impact” than any of the zombies in the game.

As well as Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield, Kobayashi also confirmed that you can play as another male character. The exec producer didn't mention the character's name, but described him as "the man who's told to save the world." You can see him in the trailer too. He's the shaven-headed dude.

The story begins in America, where Kennedy witnesses a bioterrorist attack that transforms the President into a zombie. He then embarks on a journey to Tall Oaks with a character called Helena Harper, a member of the President's security detail. Again, as seen in the trailer, she's the girl that says, “it's all my fault,” following the attack on the President.

Redfield, meanwhile, is hard at work investigating a bioterrorism case in China. While the two character's stories will unfold simultaneously, said Kobayashi, the action in China will remain focused on one particular city.

Kobayashi also mentioned that Resi 6 employs the largest staff count in the history of the series. Though a core team of around 160 people are working on the game, if you include overseas staff and contributors that figure rises to over 600.

Rounding up the presentation, the executive producer promised more revelations to come.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 08:12:26 AM »
Very nice indeed, seems promising :)
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2012, 07:35:08 AM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2012, 06:24:26 AM »
Six-player Online Co-Op, EIght-player Online Multiplayer for Resident Evil 6

More details on Resident Evil 6 emerged over the weekend, shedding a little light on what we can expect from Capcom's latest iteration of the venerable horror series.

First comes the news that the game will support two-player offline co-op (Failed will be pleased), up to six players for online co-op and up to eight players for another online multiplayer mode. The details, unconfirmed by Capcom but almost certainly on the money, come from the game's Xbox.com listing.

Beyond that we've got some tasty little titbits via the game's official Twitter page. Engaging with fan interest, the account has said that the game has been in development for 2 years and features an "overhauled" control scheme, featuring "a number of new elements."

It also revealed that the zombies are "unlike any in past Resident Evil games" and that "There will certainly be a survival horror element to the game, mixed in with classic Resident Evil moments."

Resident Evil 6 was unveiled last week with a generously long trailer and a bunch of details. The game comes out in November this year.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads