Author Topic: Xbox One Discussion  (Read 37919 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Xbox One Discussion
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2013, 08:26:28 AM »
Microsoft Confirms Xbox One Adaptor for Xbox 360 Headsets

The Xbox One will be compatible with your current gaming headset, with the use of a newly announced adaptor.

Following the revelation that current headsets won’t work with the Xbox One as standard, and that a new headset won’t come bundled with the next-gen console, people started enquiring as to whether there was some way that Microsoft could find a fix.

It might seem like a non-issue, but for those of us that have dished out hundreds of pounds/dollars/whatever on a high-end headset, we were eager to hear the answer.

Microsoft’s initial response was to say that the company was looking into making an adaptor, news which has now been confirmed.

Speaking on Twitter, Microsoft’s lead planner for Xbox One Albert Penello, responded to an enquiry by saying, “We will have an adapter that allows current gaming headsets to work."

Penello also said that the adaptor won’t come bundled with the Xbox One, but will be sold separately.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbrmAsxJPv4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbrmAsxJPv4</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2013, 04:08:03 PM »
Xbox One's 'Game DVR' For Xbox Live Gold Subs Only

Microsoft has released an image on the official Xbox website showing the new features Xbox Live Gold subscribers will be getting with Xbox One when it launches later in the year. This includes dibs on the console's 'Game DVR', which enables users to record the last five minutes of their gameplay and share it.

As previously reported, you'll be able to record gameplay at 720p and 30 frames-per-second while playing your games on Xbox One, with no HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) to worry about.

Features limited to Xbox Live Gold subscribers on Xbox One includes the Game DVR functionality, Skype, SmartMatch, OneGuide (Xbox One's TV guide thingy), NFL coverage (in the US, obvs) and all of the usual stuff currently available on your Xbox 360.

Offline NeuroticAlias

• I want to break free.
  • XBL: NeuroticAlias
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2013, 02:58:50 PM »
I was wondering about Xbox live. Will your account work on both consoles? I mean,just renewed my subs and if I get a Xbox one,will I have to get another live subscription?
One account works across all playstation platforms,so we'll see I guess.
Hmmmm,is it me?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2013, 03:47:34 AM »
I was wondering about Xbox live. Will your account work on both consoles? I mean,just renewed my subs and if I get a Xbox one,will I have to get another live subscription?

It'll work across both systems.   :)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE

Offline NeuroticAlias

• I want to break free.
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2013, 09:13:32 AM »

It'll work across both systems.   :)

Ironically enough,read a news item about this 1 minutes after I posted. Oh well.
Hmmmm,is it me?

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2013, 06:19:02 PM »

Microsoft Announces: Kinect No Longer Required On Xbox One(Will Still Be Included)

Microsoft's Marc Whitten stated earlier today to IGN:

The console will still function if Kinect isn’t plugged in, although you won’t be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly uses the sensor.

Asked just how "off" the Kinect can be, Whitten answered totally off.

You have the ability to completely turn the sensor off in your settings. When in this mode, the sensor is not collecting any information. Any functionality that relies on voice, video, gesture or more won’t work. We still support using it for IR blasting in this mode. You can turn the sensor back on at any time through settings, and if you enter into a required Kinect experience (like Kinect Sports Rivals for instance), you’ll get a message asking if you want to turn the sensor back on in order to continue.

Later on, Albert Penello - MS Senior Exec Posted on NeoGaf:

We still believe in Kinect. We aren’t interested in splitting the development base. The more demos I’ve seen, the more I’ve used it – the more impressed I am. The team feels strongly about Kinect, and I hope we’re able to prove that when you use it.

We also have a ton of privacy settings to allow people to turn off the camera, or microphones, or put it in a state just for “Xbox On” and IR blasting – there will be a lot of user control for that.

The thing we all understood, and hence this change, is that there are some scenarios where people just may not be comfortable. We wanted people to be 100% comfortable, so we allow the sensor to be unplugged. And clearly the “it dropped” scenario is possible.

The most obvious thing is watching a DVD/BD, or streaming a movie, or HDMI pass-through, your experience isn’t impacted (except you miss voice and IR blasting)

There is no “gotcha”, but obviously, if there is a game that REQUIRES Kinect (like Rivals), or something where Kinect IS the experience (like Skype), those won’t work.

That said, for people who have privacy concerns there are user control settings, which we believe are great.

Source: [Kotaku]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:24:21 PM by zerosum »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2013, 04:22:28 AM »
Good old M$, you now don't need Kinect but we'll force you to have it anyway by only releasing the console with it bundled!

Drop Kinect, knock £100 off the price and they'll be on to a winner, can't see them doing it yet though.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2013, 11:25:02 AM »
Good old M$, you now don't need Kinect but we'll force you to have it anyway by only releasing the console with it bundled!

Drop Kinect, knock £100 off the price and they'll be on to a winner, can't see them doing it yet though.

That's the key word there...they've still got a few months.  ;)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »

That's the key word there...they've still got a few months.  ;)

Good point  :)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2013, 12:25:58 PM »

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2013, 12:28:47 PM »
Cool

Ha! Literally! 8)

Hopefully it doesn't produce any 'un-expected' side-effects.

Offline NeuroticAlias

• I want to break free.
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »
We'll probably end up getting it with the kinect anyway because my Tommy enjoys playing it!
Hmmmm,is it me?

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads