Author Topic: Gears of War: Judgment  (Read 14912 times)

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: Jaynestown
Re: Gears of War: Judgment
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2013, 01:45:19 PM »
I really don't like the change to the way the grenade works, I've blown myself up numerous times in the campaign when I'm trying to access the tac-com and forget it's not the LB anymore, in fact I really don't like any of the changes, only having two guns, lack of maps, no Horde, sticky grenades, forced characters in multiplayer (If I wanna be an engineer I have to be Baird, but I don't like Baird), lack of weapon variation in multiplayer, COG Vs COG in multiplayer

Basically, I HATE the multiplayer. to me this isn't Gears, it's Gears trying to be COD, and I HATE COD

Still, the campaign was good, albeit way too short. I, of limited gaming prowess, should not be able to complete the whole campaign on Hardcore in 4 hours.

Epic Fail Epic  >:(

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2013, 01:55:49 AM »
I enjoyed the game for the  most part.  My biggest complaint at this point is no horde mode.  Survival mode just doesn't cut it.  I guess when I feel the need to play horde, I'll go back to GoW3.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2013, 04:58:02 AM »
I enjoyed the game for the  most part.  My biggest complaint at this point is no horde mode.  Survival mode just doesn't cut it.  I guess when I feel the need to play horde, I'll go back to GoW3.

Go back to Gears 2 Horde, far better and more maps to play it on.   :)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2013, 08:01:36 AM »
The game is only a week old and there's nobody playing the multiplayer at all, it's deserted! What a total disaster, I hope whoever is responsible at Epic for turning Gears in to COD gets sacked, bring back Cliff!

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2013, 10:01:54 AM »
Free DLC

Haven DLC Pack

Brought to you by MAXIM! Update includes multiplayer map “Haven” and mode “Execution”. Includes compatibility update required for matchmaking in online gameplay.

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2013, 03:11:40 PM »
The game is only a week old and there's nobody playing the multiplayer at all, it's deserted! What a total disaster, I hope whoever is responsible at Epic for turning Gears in to COD gets sacked, bring back Cliff!
Really? wow. I know I was really disappointed at the demo. I played it at PAX East over the weekend and Just ugh. It was so glitchy, like ugh. I regret wasting my 1hr of time waiting in line to play it :| Shouldve left the line and jumped in line for The Last of Us demo. For once that line was super short, wait time was like 20 mins :|

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2013, 01:41:21 AM »
Well, I played it online last night with friends for the first time and it was much better. When you're communicating with each other (and you play it in a Private session set to Normal rather than Hardcore) Survival is quite fun, and despite the massive annoyance of there being no locust, team deathmatch and domination were both quite playable :)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2013, 05:32:07 AM »
Gears 3 was dead online really quick too and that sold far more than Judgment so it's no real surprise.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »
“Gears of War: Judgment” Call to Arms Map Pack Introduces Three Maps and an Intense New Multiplayer Mode starting April 23

The second “Judgment” Map Pack explores the darker side of the “Gears” universe, with three bone-chilling maps, the new “Master at Arms” multiplayer mode and exclusive digital rewards

Microsoft and Epic Studios today announced the second expansion in the “Gears of War: Judgment” multiplayer experience, the Call to Arms Map Pack, coming to VIP Season Pass holders on Tuesday, April 23 via Xbox LIVE, and available worldwide April 30. Developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly, the Call to Arms Map Pack brings players three new multiplayer maps, a brand-new mode called “Master at Arms,” and six armor and gun skins for customizing your characters and weapons.

Set against the backdrop of the Locust invasion of Halvo Bay, all three new maps provide a mix of close quarters and vertical combat, keeping Gearheads immersed in the action. The Call to Arms Map Pack provides 10 new Achievements worth a total of 250 Gamerscore.
For more information on the Call to Arms Map Pack, please visit the “Gears of War” community site epicgames.com/community. Full descriptions of the new maps and mode are below:

New Maps:

Terminal: The speed and ferocity of the Locust invasion took Halvo Bay completely by surprise. Residents scrambled to evacuate by every means possible, and COG forces were called in to maintain order as martial law was enforced. However, the Locust showed no mercy, and gave no quarter; they swept through train terminals like this one to take advantage of the close quarters and sheer number of defenseless humans trapped within its walls. Sometimes, COG forces could hold the line long enough for a final evacuation, but too many lost their lives in defense of the people and the land they loved.

Blood Drive: As casualties started to mount, the staff at Halvo Memorial quickly began what would become the largest triage effort in the history of Sera. Their “Give Blood Today” campaign inspired a global blood drive in support of COG forces and wounded civilians. Sadly, Halvo fell quickly, and the hospital became a battlefront instead of a sanctuary. The seed of hope was planted, however, and government-run Memorial hospitals across the country mobilized to keep the effort alive until Jacinto Memorial was the last standing bastion of hope for the people of Sera.

Boneyard: The concept of traditional memorial services had to be suspended due to the constant stream and alarming volume of casualties as Sera fell victim to the Locust Horde. Memorial grounds quickly became boneyards. Unmarked holes became grave sites and mausoleums were filled with the nameless remains of the fallen, their skeletons piled into heaps. Tread lightly, you never know what, or who, you’re walking on, and one day you’re bound to join them.

The Call to Arms Map Pack will be available on Xbox LIVE for 1000 Microsoft Points. Players who purchase the “Gears of War: Judgment” VIP Season Pass will receive early access to map packs and a 25 percent savings versus purchasing them individually.

New Mode: “Master At Arms”

This new free-for-all game mode exclusive to “Gears of War: Judgment” will test the true range of your soldiering skills. The goal is to get a kill with each of the 20 different available weapons, without resorting to melee or grenade tactics. Every successful kill will automatically advance you to the next available weapon until you have used them all and proven your skill as a true Master at Arms.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2013, 05:44:00 AM »
New achievements for today's DLC, they've added a new game mode but no achievements for it, pretty poor list all round!

BOOSHKA! - 50G
Earn 50 Double ribbons with the Booshka on Terminal (Public/Ranked)

Don’t you die on me! - 25G
Revive 100 total teammates on Terminal as a Medic (Public/Ranked)

Surprise! - 10G
Get a Double while emerging as a Corpser (Public/Ranked)

Professional Locust - 75G
Kill 100 enemies with each Locust

All Aboard! - 25G
Win Hardcore Survival on Terminal with 5 Soldiers

Captain Sera - 10G
Earn a killing spree with the Boomshield on Boneyard (Public/Ranked)

Long Bomb - 10G
Earn the You’re It ribbon on Boneyard (Public/Ranked)

Old School Marathon - 10G
Play 10 matches total on BloodDrive (Public/Ranked)

Like A Boss - 15G
Place first in Free For All in Boneyard 5 times (Public/Ranked)

You Looking At Me - 20G
Win a Team Death Match game with the entire team wearing the Car 13 Armor skin (Public/Ranked)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2013, 10:57:20 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUlDeNFzfeI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUlDeNFzfeI</a>

Offline NeuroticAlias

• I want to break free.
  • XBL: NeuroticAlias
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2013, 11:59:30 AM »
Ooh,I can't wait to get this!
Hmmmm,is it me?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2013, 11:23:19 AM »
Massive Update for Judgment, about damn time too!!!

Massive updates that should go live soon, possibly as early as of 9AM EST tomorrow. Some of the changes were in response to your feedback over the last couple weeks here on the forums, on twitter, facebook, etc.:

- Dual weapon loadout will be propegated to all playlists with the exception of FFA.
- Stim grenades will be removed from all playlists with the exception of FFA.
- Torquebow charge time reduced back to Gears 3 Active levels (from 2 seconds down to 1.5 seconds).
- Prize boxes updated in the next TU to deliver all content before doling out XP (instead of assigning randomly).

We also went through the community feedback list and looked at everything we could. Here's a rehash of our response from tonight's live stream event:

I. Maps / Content

A. Only 4 traditional multiplayer maps
Map counts increased significantly with current and future DLC. Everyone has had great feedback on what they'd like to see in the future, and we're still working on getting you guys new content. Not sure that we'd be able to pull over a massive content dump from Gears 3, but we’re definitely working on incremental changes that will get you guys what you want. More DLC is coming, stay tuned!

B. Maps are not symmetrical
DLC maps are either symmetrical or much more symmetrical than release maps. Think layouts that are “more Haven, less Gondola”.

C. Maps are too big
Future DLC map designs are smaller and/or flow better so that combat is less segregated. We’re also setting up hard swaps that focus the action along the midline for Execution.

D. Updates are only “Server side”
We have made an effort to get changes up and tested as early as possible so that we can include them in the required title updates. This will ensure that a good number of the changes are actually present in a LAN setting. We’re also posting change notes and trying to be proactive with communication before changes are implemented.

E. No Locusts in standard versus multiplayer
This cannot be changed at this point. We can, however, make some changes to improve sound and visual recognition between teams. More on that to follow.

II. Melee

A. Reverse 2 Piece possible
We’ve adjusted melee pretty significantly to address these issues. If melee is in the game, you will always be able to shoot someone, and then finish them with a hit. We’ve adjusted delays a bit to help prevent this tactic from being abused, and adjusting it too much further will create the unnatural delays and obstructions to gameplay that we have previously removed in response to your feedback on this very topic.

B. Speed
See above.

C. Range
We have not seen a range difference, and the code has not changed in that regard. There is a chance that latency is affecting this in some circumstances, and it will require more investigation.

III. Matchmaking / Ranked (Incentive)

A. Too many playlists
We’re still working on solutions to this problem, but it is a highly complicated beast (of our own making, to be sure).

B. Ranked vs. Quick match Experience earned
Ranked XP will be increased. We’re working on some other incentives to draw people into Ranked as well (more “competitive-style settings”, for example).

C. Little incentive to play ranked
Judgment does indeed use skill-based ranking as part of its matchmaking algorithm. In point of fact, it essentially IS the Halo matchmaking system as that was the standard put forth by Microsoft. The main difference is that we do it under the hood. This does mean that we don’t have a ranked league-style system, and adding that at this point would unfortunately be out of scope for Judgment. We’re working on other Ranked incentives, however, that don’t require a full redesign of our matchmaking, UI, and infrastructure.

IV. Weapon Balancing (Spawn / Power)

A. Gnasher
We’re working on a fix to allow players the option to toggle their on-screen reticule. The close range “inconsistency” people report is actually an intentional fix that favors the player to ensure they get a proper kill when the barrel of the gun is touching another player’s cylinder. An ammo count change is highly contentious in public forums, and we feel pretty strongly that the current ammo levels actually favor Judgment’s weapon balance. The best option at this point is to increase ammo to 16 and try it in the Test Server.

B. Lancer
A change to the Lancer may indeed favor competitive players who intend on using it in a support capacity. However, the larger majority of the community does not appear to agree that it needs updating. It is currently performing in its intended role across all gametypes, and changing it could create a cascading effect that requires a rebalance of all starting weapons.

Changing to a two-weapon loadout is unlikely to create a huge imbalance in the weapons. The reality of the game stats is that within a few seconds of spawning, you’re either dead, or you have a secondary weapon anyway, so pulling that back to spawn doesn’t significantly move the needle in terms of game balance.

That said, the best option is to make your suggested changes in the Test Server, along with the Gnasher changes, and see how it plays out. We’ll do that ASAP. We’ll start with the clip size reduction and make further updates if necessary.

C. Booshka
Agreed. Clip size and starting ammo being reduced.

D. Boomshot
Agreed. Starting ammo being reduced.

V. Grenade Balancing

A. Ink Grenade   
Internal QA is looking into the reported issues. More info to follow.

B. Stim Grenade   
Stim grenade being removed from loadout and moved to a pickup in some playlists.

C. Ammo boxes   
We’ll try pulling grenades out of ammo boxes in the Test Server, and propagate globally if there is a good response.

VI. Audio (In-Game)

A. Sound isn’t accurately location based   
We can’t realistically change our sound engine at this point, but we can (and will) significantly reduce your (and your team’s) footstep volume. If you hear someone, that’ll pretty much guarantee that they are an enemy. We could also reduce the radius of the footstep sound a bit to make it less apparent when they’re above/below you, but that would require a Title Update to implement, and another to change back if the change isn’t well received. Probably too risky at this point.

VII. Glitches

A. Movement   
Not getting into cover is due to a series of complicated factors that are made more apparent by Judgment’s increase in game speed and player density. We’ll look into it, but it may not be fixable.

B. Characters
Kim’s hitbox already fixed in the upcoming TU.

Boomshield already adjusted on female characters in the upcoming TU.

I’m not 100% clear on the characters failing to show visual recognition on successive shots, but if I had to guess, I’d say that is by design to prevent them from spamming the same animation over and over while taking damage. As long as the other visual feedback is registering (blood, etc.) then I don’t see this as a major problem. Will need to investigate further.

C. In Game
If players can join a private game, then that is a bug – unless it is from a player following someone in the game who is NOT set to private (that’s a Microsoft rule). QA is investigating.

VIII. Final Suggestions

A. Domination Gametype   
Changed time to break hills from 2 seconds to 1 second.

B. Upgrade spectator mode (mega wish)
Extremely out of scope for Judgment, but excellent feedback for the future.

C. Theater mode (mega wish)
Extremely out of scope for Judgment, but excellent feedback for the future.

___

Lastly, this weekend's event will be Torquebow Tag (back by popular demand!). With all the changes going through the game, we figured it would be best to let things stabilize and give everyone a chance to test thigns out and get a feel for everything. So TB Tag will stay up throughout the week, and we'll look at the return of the Test Server next week.

Offline NeuroticAlias

• I want to break free.
  • XBL: NeuroticAlias
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
Oh that's just awesome  #)
Hmmmm,is it me?

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads