Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning  (Read 5740 times)

Offline BackupLight

• Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »
I'll let you all know how I take to it ... when I unwrap it next year.   #toomanygames  :-[

:D Neato. On the bright side, I've finally dug my way out of most of my games - still Assassin's Creed to finish, but otherwise I've just got games where the multiplayer has me interested. Sadly I've also been drawn into Guild Wars, but at least there's no more game purchasing involved there! I'll end up getting Reckoning like.. for Christmas. When it's a tenner. ;D

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2016, 10:48:45 PM »
Finally got to start a Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning run a week or so ago...and it feels like it definitely got underrated. So far about 20 hours into it and damn this one's got some hooks.

If there are any complaints, they may be that some side-quests get a bit drawn out and there's a TON of dialogue to sift through with almost every character of meaning you encounter, but otherwise it plays fluidly (few game hiccups here and there - but nothing game-breaking). And this really may depend on how you play - I tend to want to get as much out of what's being made available in terms of story. There's always that handy "skip" option.

Visually this thing is eye-candy, really like their use of color throughout - the world feels awake even during the night shifts. Even cave settings feel lush and teeming with color.

Leveling up is pretty standard, starts up quite quick and at this point it still feels pretty balanced - customization is awesome, suffice to say I started out "Mage" - now wielding a poison hammer and getting through okay as a "Mage"/"Brute" hybrid. Probably still a long way away from knowing how it turns out, but given that it's a few years out and a probably bargain by now - if you've ever been on the fence with this game and stuff like Dragon Age or Skyrim tickle ya - KoA might be worth a spin.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads