Author Topic: Minecraft: Story Mode  (Read 1489 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Minecraft: Story Mode
« on: December 18, 2014, 10:53:25 AM »
Minecraft: Story Mode is an episodic series from Telltale
"We're not intending on creating an 'official' story for Steve..."

Telltale has created story games for the likes of The Walking Dead, The Wold Among Us, Borderlands and even Game of Thrones. Now, it's taking on Minecraft.

Minecraft maker Mojang is working with Telltale on Minecraft: Story Mode, which will be "narrative driven" and about Minecraft.

The first episode will be released at some point in 2015 for Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS and Android devices.

So, it's episodic, like Telltale's other games.

"We're not intending on creating an 'official' story for Steve," Mojang said, "or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game."

Here's Telltale's description: "Set in the world of Minecraft, the series will feature an original story, driven by player choice. It will not be an add-on for Minecraft, but rather a separate stand-alone product that will premiere in 2015 on consoles, computers and mobile devices.

"Telltale's game series will mix new characters with familiar themes, in an entirely original Minecraft experience, inspired by the Minecraft community and the game that continues to inspire a generation."

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Re: Minecraft: Story Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 01:30:30 PM »
To this day, I've still not played any Minecraft. Intend to, but it's way back on the list - I'm sure it'll hook me once I start. And a TellTale game may be just the gateway push to help me jump in, even if the original game has no connection to these episodes.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 11:00:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7D8APneOA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7D8APneOA</a>

Offline NeuroticAlias

• I want to break free.
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: NeuroticAlias
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 02:13:56 PM »
I've played through the first 4 episodes with Tommy and they're great fun. Aimed at his age group (7) so not to difficult to complete. If you like minecraft then off you go!
Hmmmm,is it me?

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 10:02:46 PM »
Delistings kick into gear for Minecraft: Story Mode this month -

Mojang's Official Statement:
On behalf of the publisher, Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series, Season 1 and 2 will no longer be supported on June 25th, 2019. If you have purchased these seasons, please download all remaining episodes prior to the service being discontinued in June.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads