Author Topic: Guitar Hero: Megadeth  (Read 494 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Guitar Hero: Megadeth
« on: January 18, 2010, 06:35:25 AM »
Guitar Hero Megadeth on the cards?
Band in talks with Activision to make something big happen

Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine has said that he and Activision have had some "high level meetings" in regards to a Megadeth-branded Guitar Hero product.

Answering fanmail on the band's website, Mustaine said, "I have recently had two very important high-level meetings with the people from Activision and Neversoft, and we are talking about a lot of things, but a Guitar Hero box set is not as attractive to me and the people from Guitar Hero as the new idea that they offered me, as the creative stuff that we are talking about is over-the-moon!

"I just hope that someone doesn't stand in the way of this happening. I know that there are a lot of really damaging results from our mothership (Warner) having some legal disputes with YouTube and Guitar Hero to name just a few."

We can't imagine a Megadeth version topping what Activision did with Guitar Hero: Metallica version, especially as Metallica are a far, far, far bigger band. What do you think they're up to?

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Guitar Hero: Megadeth
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 09:18:54 AM »
I really don't understand the BIG PICTURE approach to these individual band titles.  It seems like it only divides Activision's and Harmonix's game libraries.

Considering the costs of development and production, I would think they would see more profit from releasing the songlists as DLC for their main games (Guitar Hero 5, Rock Band 2).

Maybe I'm overlooking some obvious master business plan, but it really just leaves me with a jaded opinion of the franchises entirely.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads