Linked Events

• Tomb Raider (worldwide): March 05, 2013

Author Topic: Tomb Raider  (Read 9557 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Tomb Raider
« on: July 23, 2009, 08:55:31 PM »
Next Tomb Raider will be open-world

Three artworks and a fact sheet. That's the content of the leak that gave us the very first informations on Tomb Raider 9 a few hours ago, revealing to the world what Crystal Dynamics has been up to since they decided - once again - to reboot the legendary franchise. The details are surprising. For example we learn that the new adventures of Lara Croft will be, for the first time, Rated M. Better yet, the game will take place in an open world - a mysterious Japanese island inhabited by strange creatures. A new perspective for the series, a little scary too. But nevertheless exciting as the possibilities are vast. Hit the link to discover the first visuals and details about Lara Croft's next adventure.

The Plot - When a sudden storm destroys her research vessel, a young and inexperienced Lara Croft finds herself stranded on a mysterious and remote island hiden of the shores of Japan. Despite several signs of various inhabitants the island is oddly deserted, and an uneasy feeling settles in as strange sounds emerge from the shadows. With only her determination, inner strenght, and resourcefulness to help her, Lara must overcome the challenges of a harsh and unforgiving journey that will take her across a vast island wilderness and deep into the claustrophobic and menacing underground tombs from the island's past. As she struggles to prevail through brutal combat encounters and treacherous exploration, Lara will be pushed to her limits and forced to adapt to her situation in order to survive and escape from the lethal predators that stalk her every move.

Hunt or be hunted - Evade outsmart, track and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.

Survival Action - Brutally attack and defend as you fight to survive through visceral one on one melee combat.

Strategic Weapons - Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns and the hunters ultimate weapon, the bow.

Creative Survival - React and adapt to the island by using only that wich you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope, and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat gameplay options.

Free Movement - Scrale up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid air to land a misderected jump there is no one right way to traverse, survive, and explore the harsh enviroment of the island.

One Cohesive World - The diverse multi region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather and natural events.

Origin Story - This new Tomb Raider concept reboots the franchise by exploring the origins of Lara Croft's transformation into a hardened adventurer as unravel the story behind the island's mysterious past.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:38:58 PM by nCogNeato »

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Tomb Raider
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 04:59:02 AM »
Looks like a female Prince of Persia crossed with Silent Hill.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 05:58:41 AM »
On the original post, Luke mentioned the girl looking like the girl from The Ring, he mentioned Samara from the US version but the US version sucks so i put Sadakao from the classic Japanese version "Ringu".  He also said they look like rejects from Pan's Labyrinth, the one on the right definitely has that kind of look.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:36:17 AM »
Why are they looking at her origins ... i thought that'd been done with the one on the Playstation 1 where she's 'dead' and all the people gathered at her wake tell all her old stories and you play them out.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:46:02 AM »
Lara was presumed dead at the end The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider Chronicles (5th in the series) is set days later and begins with the memorial service.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 07:29:17 AM »
Which looks at how she got started, starting with the death of her parents if i remember rightly.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
Yep, it's the one where her friends sit around and reminisce about Lara's past exploits, it wasn't a great game compared to the original & The Last Revelation, but still had it's moments.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 10:29:50 AM »
Anniversary is the best itteration.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 12:50:38 PM »
I am loving underworld at the moment. great game let down by a few flaws. lets hope the next one will be even better.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 04:32:53 PM »
I am loving underworld at the moment. great game let down by a few flaws. lets hope the next one will be even better.

Underworld may be next on my list, after I complete COD4 at least once so I can be excited about Modern Warfare 2.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 06:31:32 AM »
Tomb Raider man leaves Tomb Raider (again)
Toby Gard leaves Crystal Dynamics

An online CV posting has revealed that Toby Gard, the man who created Lara Croft, left the developer and then re-joined it's US developer, has again left the developer. Clear on that?

While no details were revealed about why Gard left the US outfit, which he was originally brought into to help with ongoing Tomb Raider projects, he did give Develop a tiny update.

"Obviously it's confidential what goes on at Crystal Dynamics. But the situation is that I'm no longer working with them, and I've started up my own consultancy business," he said.

End of another era?

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 09:36:54 AM »
In not-so-related news, I just stated playing Underworld this past weekent.  The controls are a little frustrating, not because they're "challenging" ... because they feel broken.  But overall I'm enjoying the game.  Much more than Legend.

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 01:55:42 PM »
In not-so-related news, I just stated playing Underworld this past weekent.  The controls are a little frustrating, not because they're "challenging" ... because they feel broken.  But overall I'm enjoying the game.  Much more than Legend.

Legend was poo. Underworld  sucks I hate it
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 02:03:20 PM »
In not-so-related news, I just stated playing Underworld this past weekent.  The controls are a little frustrating, not because they're "challenging" ... because they feel broken.  But overall I'm enjoying the game.  Much more than Legend.

TJ is no longer head of PR for the Tomb Raider franchise!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 05:02:05 PM »

TJ is no longer head of PR for the Tomb Raider franchise!

That's too bad.  I heard Eidos had their eye on her ...

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads