Author Topic: Xbox 360 USB storage quietly doubled from 16GB to 32GB in latest dashboard updat  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Smithk4

• Time Zone: GMT
  • PSN: Smithk4
  • XBL: Nursingtitan84

It seems that Microsoft's latest dashboard update to the Xbox 360 was little more than a trojan horse for a super secret USB storage update from the original 16GB capto 32GB -- you can't fool us, Microsoft! Er, at least you can't fool the vast swaths of people using their Xbox 360s, who tipped our superfriends at Joystiq on the update. Microsoft confirmed the storage limit change as intentional and explained its purpose in a statement: "The more our customers use their profile and download digital content, the larger the file size necessary to store that content and move it between consoles gets. Therefore we increased the size of the memory to enable our customers to take more of their Xbox profile with them on the go." So, there you have it! If you'll excuse us, we'll be over here loading our entire history of game saves to USB sticks for mobile gloating.

[/url]
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
As happy as I am to see them increasing the limit for portable storage, I think MS should focus more on increasing HDD storage to at least 1TB.

Offline donnieoneshot

• Children of the night. What music they make.
  • Last.fm: donnieoneshot
  • XBL: donnieoneshot
If you played all those games you downloaded Neato, you could delete some and have loads of free space on your drive!!
[/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
If you played all those games you downloaded Neato, you could delete some and have loads of free space on your drive!!

NEVER!   ;D

Offline Smithk4

• PSN: Smithk4
  • XBL: Nursingtitan84
As happy as I am to see them increasing the limit for portable storage, I think MS should focus more on increasing HDD storage to at least 1TB.

Agreed! Although I can't see it happening. I think we will be lucky to see a 500GB drive in the next gen consoles. Lets live and hope though  ;)

[/url]
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads