Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 29657 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 05:48:25 AM »
Battlefield 3 gameplay trailer is mind-blowing
EA releases stunning game footage

EA has stuck a new Battlefield 3 gameplay trailer on its website and it looks incredible.

And we mean properly incredible: The video itself is actually almost three minutes of gameplay footage chunks, so there's no flashy editing to get in the way as with the first Battlefield 3 gameplay trailer.

That means you can get a good look at some pure unadulterated Battlefield 3. Did we mention that it looks good?

Just watch:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvj7GMhZxC8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvj7GMhZxC8</a>

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 11:13:20 AM »
Holly **** that looks fantastic!

The textures & lighting are awesome.  I could see myself being completely immersed in this game.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »
I will see how long the campaign is and how the MP fairs before i stump for this, even if it does look as good as me in the morning  O0

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 07:12:02 AM »
EA Games boss: Battlefield 3 will "leapfrog" competing shooters
But don't count out Medal of Honor 2

See that thing at your feet, Activision? That's a thrown gauntlet, property of EA Games label head Frank Gibeau. Speaking at GDC today, Gibeau declared that Battlefield 3 will "leapfrog" competition in the shooter category via a heady mix of brand power, razor-edge tech and good old-fashioned quality.

"We're super proud of the game," the EA exec told IndustryGamers in the wake of a dribble-worthy gameplay demo.

"The Frostbite 2 technology is reinventing the category, and the Battlefield brand has its own persona and positioning, the multiplayer and squads ... The combination of the brand and the technology and the quality of the DICE game is what we wanted to show tonight.

"We wanted to show unadulterated gameplay and show it for a long time, in February, and because we don't ship until the Fall it means we have a long time to polish it and make it extremely high quality," he went on.

While it takes more than sound coding to make a great game, Gibeau was adamant that the new game's Frostbite 2 engine, above all, would play a key role in pushing it to the top of the pile.

"We're going to own what we do because we're going to leapfrog the category by introducing a whole new set of technology that's brand-new," he said.

"The Frostbite 2 technology is going to help us do things in games and shooters that haven't been done before and will be tough for [the competition] to match."

Naturally, the biggest target in EA's sights is the Call of Duty franchise, with which first-person shooting has become practically synonymous.

"A long time ago, Medal of Honor was the dominant brand and created the shooter category, frankly, for consoles. I think it's our turn to start to get that back."

"It's going to take time and versions," Gibeau admitted, "and they [Activision] are on their, what, ninth version of Call of Duty? I'm a believer in under-promise, over-deliver, and we're going to compete, we're going to be there."

He was bullish over the mixed performance of EA's Medal of Honor remake, co-developed by DICE and Danger Close, which sold to the tune of five million copies worldwide in the first three months of release, but failed to enrapture reviewers.

"We're really proud of what we did with Medal of Honor. It was commercially extremely successful. We know we can do better with the quality of the game, but we're very proud of what we did."

"Medal of Honor is a great brand, it's nice to have it back, and now we can take it to new places. Medal of Honor is not going away and will be part of our shooter strategy going forward."

Over to you, readers. Is Frostbite 2 gorgeous enough to displace Call of Duty in your affections? What are you most looking forward to about the game? And do you think Medal of Honor 2 has a crack at the throne?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 05:58:27 AM »
Battlefield 3 dev calls competition "lazy"

Battlefield 3 developer DICE has fired off a few rounds at its competitors, accusing other military shooters of recycling the same old formula.

"Our competitors are getting lazy," DICE general manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson told Official PlayStation Magazine.

"They're using the same engine, the same recipe for building a game. At some point you need to take that leap. I haven't seen them take that leap since a long time ago.

"We are doing that now," he insisted. "They had better watch out. We are coming for them."

Who on earth could he be referring to? It's a wild shot in the dark, but considering all of publisher EA's recent bluster about going head to head with Call of Duty, one obvious target springs to mind.

"Our competitors keep building very, very high tempo games," he added. "We want to tell a story with more drama curves. It's not about pumping round after round for six hours."

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »
i had no interest in this until i watched that video. Now i am definitely tempted, if the single player is quite long and the multiplayer gets positive reviews then i will buy it once it's been out a few months.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
Battlefield 3 dev calls competition "lazy"

"They had better watch out. We are coming for them."

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 01:00:35 PM »
Remember the first Trailer, continue the story;

Fault Line Episode 2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83GkikwnEfU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83GkikwnEfU</a>

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 01:44:09 PM »
im confused is this a sequel to battlefield 2 or bad company 2? or both? either way i am seriously considering getting it.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »
It's Battlefield 3 NOT Bad Company 3.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 03:18:42 PM »
It's Battlefield 3 NOT Bad Company 3.

Personally, Battlefield Bad Company 3 would have more of a draw, and it's definitely the characters in the Bad Company franchise.
Without them, BF:BC would simply be another War-Based shooter, which is what those trailers for Battlefield 3 feel like, IMO.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »
they aren't gonna release the story details just yet though, the characters are probably under wraps. It's obviously a more serious game .... i would have preferred BC3. I'm still warming up to this though.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 05:19:40 PM »
they aren't gonna release the story details just yet though, the characters are probably under wraps. It's obviously a more serious game .... i would have preferred BC3. I'm still warming up to this though.

i would like a more serious game, i only own bad company 2 and gears 1 and 2, i don't own any really serious shooters so this looks perfect for me!

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 06:05:43 PM »

i would like a more serious game, i only own bad company 2 and gears 1 and 2, i don't own any really serious shooters so this looks perfect for me!

Variety's the spice of life... ;)

Offline Legion

• Geth do not -intentionally- infiltrate
    • http://www.google.co.uk
  • XBL: Istvan Kovacs
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 05:08:57 AM »
BC2 is one of the rare games that I enjoy the multiplayer more than the single player. (and the single player is great in so many ways). And I don't see the multiplayer formula changing much, aside from new additions and some tweaking, so I'll probably get BF3 pretty soon after it's released. No doubt I'll be done with BC2's multiplayer by then.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads