Author Topic: Mass Effect: Andromeda  (Read 3979 times)

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 01:40:08 AM »
I've seen some of those complaints as well.  But I've also heard that even with some of it's faults the combat is Steller after you get out of the first mission and the graphically the worlds are pretty.  A   Youtuber person I follow said it was like a Bethesda/Bioware hybrid version of Mass Effect.  Graphically glitchy, but with lots of charm.  I've also seen people compare it to Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) and the new Zelda and feel that animation wise it falls short in comparison.  I have it pre-ordered, (I caved in to get an in game hoodie and pet space monkey, yes I'm weak) so I'm really hoping the reviews are just overly harsh.

You know, a blend of Bethesda & Bioware doesn't sound so bad when you think about it. Seeing the clips still crack me up, but with a bit of worry, hopefully it's something that can at least be addressed in some kind of patch - I seem to remember AC Unity being all kinds of jacked up at launch, which later got patched.

Have my pre-order down too - which I rarely do...but (I'm a sucker for special game-packaging and soundtracks...so I'm on that same boat too this time Kini). I probably won't play it day one, since I'm sure there's going to be some time before issues get fully ironed out.... Still, hate to think they rushed this out without a contingency plan, especially considering how the last ME game was blasted for its ending.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 02:09:43 PM »
Patch Details 1.04: [Updates are live now]

Singleplayer
Fixed an issue whereby players were unable to land on Ark Natanus
Fixed an issue whereby the game loaded to a black screen or ran as a background process when Corsair Utility Engine or similar programs were running

Multiplayer
Fixed an issue causing players to stop hearing their character’s audio and start hearing another player’s instead

General
Overall performance improvements
Fixed an issue with the title only accepting input from the last controller synced when two controllers are assigned to the same profile
Fixed various collision issues
Fixed a few rare audio issues

Singleplayer
Improvements to many cinematics, conversations, and other character interactions
Improved quest rewards
Fixed an issue whereby a door could become jammed in mission 5
Fixed issues with objective markers not appearing correctly
Minor performance improvements after some Tempest transitions
Fixed an issue whereby the combat music was not functioning as designed
Fixed some minor quest-related issues
Fixed a small cinematic issue during the Drack loyalty quest
Minor balancing change to the “Remove the Heart” quest
Improvements to quest tracking and waypoints

Multiplayer
Improvements to Strike Teams UI screens
Additional multiplayer tutorials implemented
Balance changes to guns, reward packs, and objectives scoring
Improved appearance of character portraits
Added new artwork for MP characters, armor, and challenges in menus and codex entries

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 11:37:33 PM »
Looks like they are addressing some of the problems. 

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »
Still haven't played a single Mass Effect game yet so I bet if I started with Andromeda i'd like it despite all it's faults. A mate of mine that loved the first two games (not keen on 3) doesn't like it too much but he's gonna stick with it and hope it improves. I might give the EA Access trial a go.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZvqbLyK8L0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZvqbLyK8L0</a>

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2017, 08:12:27 PM »
Bioware Montreal Restructuring

Seems the company is still reeling from the release of Mass Effect: Andromeda and its subsequent bugs and updates...

At least some of the team at BioWare Montreal, the studio behind Mass Effect: Andromeda, is being retasked to other projects. Kotaku reports, citing anonymous sources, that the studio is being “scaled down” and that the Mass Effect franchise is going on “hiatus.” Reached for comment, studio director Yanick Roy spun things somewhat differently.

“Our teams at BioWare and across EA put in tremendous effort bringing Mass Effect: Andromeda to players around the world,” Roy said in a statement provided to Polygon. “Even as BioWare continues to focus on the Mass Effect: Andromeda community and live service, we are constantly looking at how we're prepared for the next experiences we will create.”

Just today, that team issued a massive update intended to deal with issues such as multiplayer balance and in-game cinematics. One thing that was clear from the messaging of the patch notes was that tweaks and updates would continue to roll out for the foreseeable future.

But clearly something is up at the Canadian studio.

“With our BioWare and Motive teams sharing studio space in Montreal,” Roy said in the statement, “we have BioWare team members joining Motive projects that are underway.”

Motive Studios is working with DICE to create the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront 2. It’s easy to see how the team behind one spacefaring third-person shooter would be well-suited to helping build another.

But what about the future of the Mass Effect franchise? There wasn’t anything on the drawing board, necessarily ... at least not anything that had been formally shared with the public.

Roy, for his part, took an optimistic stance.

“We're also ramping up teams on other BioWare projects in development,” he told Polygon. “There will be much more to come from BioWare in the years ahead.”

Source: [Polygon]

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2017, 11:42:08 PM »

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads