Linked Events

• Tomb Raider (worldwide): March 05, 2013

Author Topic: Tomb Raider  (Read 9568 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Tomb Raider
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 05:05:25 PM »
you've got way too much time on your hands neato  :)

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 06:15:31 PM »
lol I aint tall enough nor am I as good looking as Lara and certainly not as agile
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 06:17:47 PM »
you've got way too much time on your hands neato  :)

Nah.  I did that long ago.  It's been on my bedroom wall for months.   :D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 06:49:26 PM »
you've got way too much time on your hands neato  :)

Nah.  I did that long ago.  It's been on my bedroom wall for months.   :D

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:56:46 AM by GamerMan316 »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 08:58:55 AM »
Leaked Tomb Raider details suggest reboot - Report
Concept for next Lara Croft adventure emerges

Reports are creeping up all over the net with what are believed to be details for the new Tomb Raider game.

Nothing has been confirmed by Square-Enix yet so this should all be taken as rumour at the moment.

What gives it a bit more reliability than usual, however, is that pictures of a fact sheet and artwork emerged on the web but were quickly taken down again.

Here's what that fact sheet apparently contained:

The Next Tomb Raider Video Game Concept for PS3, Xbox 360 and PCs

When a sudden storm destroys her research vessel, a young and inexperienced Lara Croft finds herself stranded on a mysterious and remote island hidden off the shores of Japan.

Despite several signs of various inhabitants the island is oddly deserted, and an uneasy feeling settles in as strange sounds emerge from the shadows.

With only her determination, inner strength and resourcefulness to help her, Lara must overcome the challenges of a harsh and unforgiving journey that will take her across a vast island wilderness and deep into the claustrophobic and menacing underground tombs from the island's past.

As she struggles to prevail through brutal combat encounters and treacherous exploration, Lara will be pushed to her limited and forced to adapt to her situation in order to survive and escape from the lethal predators that stalk her every move.

* Hunt or be Hunted: Evade, outsmart, track and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.

* Survival Action: Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive the visceral one-on-one melee combat.

* Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns and the hunter's ultimate weapon, the bow.

* Creative Survival: React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope, and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat gameplay options.

* Free Movement: Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump. There is no one right way to traverse, survive, and explore the harsh environment of the island.

* One Cohesive World: the diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather, and natural events.

* Origin Story: This new Tomb Raider concept reboots the franchise by exploring the origin of Lara Croft's transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island's mysterious past.

The bit about an "open playground" fits with reports back in September that the new Tomb Raider will be an open world game.

We're expecting a Tomb Raider reveal in two weeks. Stay tuned.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »
I liked the 'reboot' of Tomb Raider Underworld.  However, apparently not enough to actually finish it.  I'll get around to it eventually.   :P

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »
Tomb Raider reboot announced

Crystal Dynamics' long-rumoured Tomb Raider reboot is official.

"After a brutal storm destroys the boat she was travelling on, a frightened young woman is left washed ashore on an unknown beach," reads the press release.

"On her own but not alone she has only one goal, to survive."

Tomb Raider features a young and inexperienced Lara Croft in her first adventure. US magazine Game Informer has the first images, which you can see below.

Lara is shown battered and bruised with a crumbling ship in the background.

"Forget everything you knew about Tomb Raider," said Darrell Gallagher, head of studio at Crystal Dynamics.

"This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."

The Tomb Raider reboot was one of the worst-kept secrets in gaming.

In June Eurogamer brought you the news that Crystal Dynamics was hard at work on the game. We heard then that it should be released during the Christmas period 2011.

Eurogamer understands Tomb Raider will be released for multiple platforms including PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 01:12:25 PM »
Hopefully you start off being gay and learn moves and become the badass we all know, sounds good, images are great. Hype me some more!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 05:03:40 AM »
The new Lara Croft is how old?

The brand new Lara Croft will only be 21 years-old and, each time you make a mistake, you'll graphically see her demise: a boulder pinning her leg before another rumbles down and crushes her face, for instance, or a man brutally stabbing her chest before he stoops over to close her eyes.

The new Tomb Raider also ditches auto-lock aiming, according to NeoGAF's detail-pillage of the Game Informer piece. Crystal Dynamics says the new shooting system will compete with any other game out there - Uncharted obviously being the benchmark. To that end, the new Tomb Raider will employ a hefty dose of performance capture, and this will extend to the various other humans on the island.

There's a waft of the open-world about the new Tomb Raider, as base camps become places for you to combine and perhaps create new items. There are new areas where you can develop Lara's skills using an upgrade system. Our heroine won't begin as a hardened survivor, but over time she'll scavenge new gear and with it new abilities that will make accessible more of the island to her.

Base camps also serve as destinations to fast travel around the map from, which suggests there may be some to-and-froing. Crystal Dynamics promises a seamless, load-free world.

Oh, and you'll be required to keep your food and water reserves up, too.

The Tomb Raider reboot was unveiled yesterday. The story follows "a frightened young" Lara as she's shipwrecked on an island, alone. And this is no Isle of Wight - sounds like there'll be trouble ahead.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 11:29:39 AM »

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2010, 01:39:03 AM »
I'd actually stepped away from this franchise for quite some time because the character became pretty stale and cardboard-ish, IMO. Croft is now sounding interesting again... :)

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2010, 04:03:59 PM »
This does sound like it will be a pretty good game.  I remember playing the first few Tomb Raider games on my computer years ago and I loved them.  I do agree that after awhile they weren't as much fun.  This looks like it could rekindle my interest in the series. 

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 05:53:33 AM »
Always thought tombraider was overrated back in the day, though i did enjoy underworld so i remain hopeful

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2010, 07:06:21 AM »
The original Saturn/PS1 game is still one of my favourite ever games, some of the sequels were good some not so but I still look forward to each game, the 360 games weren't too bad, this one sounds interesting.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 10:49:08 AM »
The original Saturn/PS1 game is still one of my favourite ever games, some of the sequels were good some not so but I still look forward to each game, the 360 games weren't too bad, this one sounds interesting.

i remember when i first played the first one on the ps1. I lost all track of time and before i knew it 8 hours had passed, bloody great game.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads