Author Topic: Gears of War: Judgment  (Read 14890 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Gears of War: Judgment
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2013, 11:41:12 AM »
Gears of War: Judgment will let players “buy” double XP as microtransactions

In a rather unsettling piece of news, Gears of War: Judgment will allow players to “buy” double XP boosts via microtransactions for the game’s multiplayer.

Epic Games is selling of these XP boosts in packs; starting with 80 Microsoft Points for a 10-match pack, 320 MS Points for a 50-match pack, 560 MS Points for 560 100 matches and a 200-match pack for 800 MS Points.

Players who to “save” on this “feature” can opt to buy the game’s VIP Season Pass for a “permanent” double XP boost.

Let’s hope this isn’t a precedent for multiplayer in games. While getting  double XP for every match won’t necessarily mean you’ll be a better player, it will, however, give you earlier access to more equipment, guns and other unlockable stuff.

Are you fine with this “feature” to crop up in other games? Maybe for those who are time-strapped,  but is this a start of “paying to win” even for non-F2P games?

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
It was only a matter of time, I suppose.

Offline Smithk4

• PSN: Smithk4
  • XBL: Nursingtitan84
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2013, 09:42:51 AM »
Get the paintball weapon skin free, click on Trenches of Judgment from the following link.   :)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Gears-of-War-Judgment/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530a26

Might have been mentioned already but posting just in case:
Cobweb Skin: https://www.facebook.com/xboxuk/app_2 - Enter the competition, you will get the skin after entering your name, email and gamertag. (Needs a Facebook account)

https://www.facebook.com/xboxuk/app_2

[/url]
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!

Offline donnieoneshot

• Children of the night. What music they make.
  • Last.fm: donnieoneshot
  • XBL: donnieoneshot
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2013, 06:32:40 PM »
Overrun demo for Judgment is now up for download ;D, for those of us who have to wait until Friday to get it!!   >:(
[/url]

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »
I played through the campaign last night and enjoyed it.  I think I liked the story in GoW3 better, but this one was pretty good. 

Offline Autarch Kade

• This post may contain nuts.
    • Time Zone: GMT -06
    • An interestingly accurate site
  • Steam: AutarchKade
  • XBL: Autarch Kade
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
Pro-Tip: In Overrun, if you're a medic and a rager is charging at you, let him kill you, but just after you've thrown a stimgas grenade.  You'll resurrect yourself, and have plenty of time to shoot him as he's moving on from what he thought was a kill.
I like my women how I like my coffee: ground up and in the freezer.

The doctors say his chances are 50/50... but there's only a 10% chance of that.

Offline Smithk4

« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2013, 03:45:56 AM »
Pro-Tip: In Overrun, if you're a medic and a rager is charging at you, let him kill you, but just after you've thrown a stimgas grenade.  You'll resurrect yourself, and have plenty of time to shoot him as he's moving on from what he thought was a kill.

Nice one, Pro Tips always welcome  ;)

Played the Demo a lot over the last few days and really enjoyed it!

Looking forward to the games release today!!!!!!

I know the Campaign is short but the game boasts really good replay value.

[/url]
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2013, 06:54:25 AM »
Or just kill the Rager!   ;D

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »
Can someone tell me why the hell Team Deathmatch and Domination is COG versus COG. What genius at Epic Games came up with that stupid variation, it has to be COG versus Locust, that's the whole point of the f***ing game!!!

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2013, 06:23:49 AM »
Can someone tell me why the hell Team Deathmatch and Domination is COG versus COG. What genius at Epic Games came up with that stupid variation, it has to be COG versus Locust, that's the whole point of the f***ing game!!!

I've been saying the same since we found out the Locust had been dropped a few months ago, shocking decision!

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2013, 03:02:01 PM »
Gears of War: Judgment will let players “buy” double XP as microtransactions

I really don't like the idea of this. Thankfully Gears MP is only a rank and cosmetic but if this catches on with all MP games it's spoiling the art of MP as a sport. I suppose money talks and can buy you everything. :(

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2013, 03:33:11 PM »

I've been saying the same since we found out the Locust had been dropped a few months ago, shocking decision!

I just cannot understand the logic. It was so easy to know which team you were on, now I haven't got a clue. The whole premise of the game is humans vs locust, why would COGs be shooting at COGs anyway? Somebody at Epic needs sacking for this shocking decision.

Can't see myself player a lot of multiplayer now other than Overrun, and even then it needs to be with people who communicate, playing with randoms this morning was shocking! Good job we still have Gears 1, 2 and 3 :)

Edit: AND, I've finished the single player campaign on hardcore in about 4 hours, where's the fun in that? And who decided to switch the gun selection method, or how to plant a grenade, or how to use tac-com, if it ain't broke don't fix it! Don't think I'll be buying anymore Gears Of War games if this is the way they're taking the series.

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »
I don't mind the control change too much though I have pressed the d-pad to change weapons a few times, old habits and all that!

One reviewer said that the campaign was around 8 hours long, not sure if that included all the declassified missions and the Aftermath mission though, if true then i'm not too fussed about that as it's still twice as long as all the COD games and around the same as Gears 2 & 3.   :)

My main problem is the lack of maps, 4 for Overrun/Survival and 4 for TDM/FFA/Domination, that's pretty damn bad, we've got 2 more coming in April with Exection but that still only 5 maps for the modes mentioned above, 6 future maps too (with 2 new modes) but no doubt they'll be split evenly to cover the modes so we'll basically only have 8 maps to kill eachother on, Gears 2 had 29!  Hopefully we'll get another free map pack just to boost the numbers a bit and hopefully Horde returns.   :)

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »
Ha ha. I posted a thread on Epic's forums moaning about, well everything, and it's been pulled, presumably because I said it was sh*t (spelt like that). I forgot freedom of speech isn't allowed!  ;D

Offline Smithk4

« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2013, 12:58:13 PM »
The whole COG v COG issue. I can’t understand why they didn’t restrict such a thing to ‘Free for All’. This would make way more sense to people and leave the COG v Locust to the Team Death Match!! This would give you the option to play both game types and keep in line with previous GOW games. ???

I also find it really difficult to distinguish between the different COG Avatars in Team Death match. It’s really only the color on their backs that you can make out are they on the RED or BLUE team. There is only a faint coloring of either RED or BLUE looking at an Avatar from the front, at least that’s what I find. Maybe it’s just a case of having to get use to it. It’s just the COG V Locust methodology made things a lot less complicated in this respect.  #)

Just about started playing the GOW Judgment Campaign. Very enjoyable! But unfortunately I’m not able to spend as much time at it as I’d like. Really like the declassified addition of the game. It doesn’t really add anymore game time to the game but makes it just that little bit more, was going to say difficult but that’s definitely not the right word, more like interesting! The flash back missions are really cool also. From a particular persons point of view, if they recall you only had pistols at that time, then you only have pistols etc.

Multiplayer: (Aside from my grievances regarding the COG v COG TDM)

Really like OverRun. Find myself playing this out of most of the Multiplayer options.

The Multiplayer maps of which there are few, Island, Skyline, Junkyard and Estate, but what they did they did well. They are frantic to say the least but I really like the additions they made to previous games in the series i.e. the Helicopter and Cable Car where you can get on and get off, class….

Also the Multi Storied Maps gives the whole thing a nice 3 dimensional feel to the whole thing and makes the experience feel more open World.

The smart spawn system was a nice touch also. The option to re-spawn quickly and drop the Spawn protection is welcomed, coming from someone who gets blasted to bits on regular occasion and spends most of my time in multiplayer waiting to respawn.

The option to restrict but allow you to choose from a list which main weapon you start with, I thought was touch also. Also like the weapon change tweak. Similar to the Call of Duty games, you can throw and grenade/change weapons whilst running. Speeds things up nicely!

The Sticky grenade is pretty cool also. In fact as I’m writing this I find myself laughing at the memory of seeing an Avatar running around with a Frag stuck to its head waiting for the inevitable explosion.

While I’m on the topic of Frag grenades, tried for ages to plant a Frag grenade to no avail. Just read there that to do this you must perform the following: Hold LB and then use B. This won’t end well for me. I’ll get to a place where I want to plant it and say to myself, ‘OK so it’s LB then B’ and then get blown to pieces while my Avatar is just standing there waiting for me to input the instruction. Haven’t tried this yet so can’t confirm?  ;)

ANYWAY……..just echoing what has been said on here already!

Likes (that I’ve come across so far):
Game Campaign
Multiplayer maps and the additions included within (Not enough Maps though!!!)
OverRun

Dislikes:
COG v COG TDM (Should have kept this contained to Free For All)
Missing Horde mode
Need more Maps ASAP!!

[/url]

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads