Author Topic: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories  (Read 1313 times)

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
« on: December 09, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »
I'm a big fan of Silent Hill. I've played every game in the series and a few years ago you might even have caught me defending the Silent Hill movie. When I first heard that Climax was re-imagining the first game in the Silent Hill series, and putting it on the Wii, I was a bit nervous. When the company revealed the logo and announced that the rust laden, nightmarish Otherworld was being brushed aside for an ice world, I was downright scared. After gathering some more info and trying the game at E3, all fears were assuaged. This was to be the great white (black?) hope of the Silent Hill series.

Having spent two evenings with the game and completing the story for the first time, I'm conflicted. Was it good? Yes. I'm just not sure it's Silent Hill.

that one is my favo(u)rite

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »
I'm a big fan of Silent Hill.
When I first heard that Climax was re-imagining the first game in the Silent Hill series, and putting it on the Wii, I was a bit nervous. When the company revealed the logo and announced that the rust laden, nightmarish Otherworld was being brushed aside for an ice world, I was downright scared.

My feelings exactly.

I do plan on playing it eventually, but in the meantime I remain sceptical.  The lighting in the game looks scary.  Ice can be scary in the right setting (BioShock, The Thing).  I just don't know if the Wii can deliver what I've come to expect from Silent Hill.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »
Love the Silent Hill games also, it's my favourite survival horror franchise as they have that Japanese Horror movie feeling which i prefer to something like Resi, though those games are great too, i don't have a Wii so i'll be missing out on this  :(

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 06:09:41 AM »

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads