Author Topic: Halo Waypoint  (Read 1262 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Halo Waypoint
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:41:05 AM »
If you haven't already, check out HALO WAYPOINT.  If you access your "Career" in Halo Waypoint, it gives you free avatar unlockables for achievements you unlocked in Halo 3, ODST, and Halo Wars.

I also got the little floating eyeball guy as an accessory.  You'll have to look at my avatar on the Xbox Dashboard to see it.  It's cute.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 03:01:45 PM by nCogNeato »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Halo Waypoint
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 01:59:20 PM »
i got the floating eyeball, but when i looked at the other unlockable avatar stuff, it was all for ODST which i've not yet played, unless i was looking in the wrong place  :)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
Halo Waypoint
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »
i got the floating eyeball, but when i looked at the other unlockable avatar stuff, it was all for ODST which i've not yet played, unless i was looking in the wrong place  :)

You're right.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226808

It looks like the floating eyeball (aka "Guilty Spark") is a default unlockable that you get for simply accessing Halo Waypoint.  All of the other Avatar unlockables are for various ODST achievements.

I was missing a couple unlockables, so I thought it was because I hadn't played Halo Wars.  I presumed wrong.  ODST is the key to Avatar Awards.  I have to get the Heroic Firefight achievement to unlock the final Avatar Awards.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Halo Waypoint
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »
I will help with Heroic Firefight. I need Legendary Campaign, might do that some time soon.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 04:24:55 PM »
I will help with Heroic Firefight. I need Legendary Campaign, might do that some time soon.

Good trade.  I'd definitely be up for Halo 3 Legendary.  Let me know when you'd like to play.  We may need to break it up into 2-3 hour sessions, since it's usually 10PM in the UK by the time I get home from work.   ;)

If we can gather another person, we can do the 4-player Heroic Firefight on ODST with my friend Slamurai, which should also take 2-3 hours.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »
I can play from 10pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Obviously Friday we have MoaningGirlyNight so Sat and Sun i'm always free.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 11:50:02 AM »
Waypoint's Halo Reach content schedule, Avatar award teased

The Halo: Reach  marketing machine is working overtime this week, as Halo Waypoint  will release new content everyday until the Beta launches on May 3. If that isn't a big enough tease for you, the schedule of content the team at Waypoint sent to us still has a few "To be announced" placeholders. It's bad enough Halo fans need to wait, but waiting for the content provided to help diminish the wait for the Beta is just cruel, guys. Here's the Halo Waypoint  schedule of content for the days leading to the Halo: Reach Beta.

In a recent Reach ViDoc, an Avatar award is briefly mentioned by designer Luke Smith as the only thing beta testers will start with when they begin their testing duties on May 3. Halo Waypoint will also see a title update sometime before the beta launches. While it's unconfirmed if the two are related, Team Waypoint recently tweeted more "details" would be released regarding an image of a "Halo: Reach Beta Tester" Avatar hoodie recently uncovered by NeoGAF; it's looking likely that this is the gear you could be getting for playing the Halo: Reach beta. The content schedule for Halo Waypoint can be found after the break.

Monday, April 26:

* Reach Beta Rundown -- Video rundown of the Halo: Reach beta
    * Inside Gaming Special Report -- Machinima.com details the Reach beta (Part 1)
    * Halo: Reach Invasion gameplay video -- Video created in the Halo: Reach beta, follows a Spartan team during an Invasion match on Boneyard (Also available on the Waypoint YouTube channel)

Tuesday, April 27:

* Giant Bomb's Halo: Reach "Quick Look"

Wednesday, April 28:

* To be announced

Thursday, April 29:

* Waypoint interview with Bungie's Derek Carroll & Lars Bakken

Friday, April 30:

* To be announced

Saturday, May 1:

* Inside Gaming Special Report -- Machinima.com details the Reach beta (Part 2)

Sunday, May 2:

* Halo: Reach Screenshots
    * Halo: Reach Concept Art

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 02:39:16 PM »
I can play from 10pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Obviously Friday we have MoaningGirlyNight so Sat and Sun i'm always free.

Moaning girly night-brilliant!
I wanna run through this on legendary if it's still on.

Astrex

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 04:22:53 AM »

Halo Legendary! let me know if you need a player I love it! me knows all the short cuts  :D

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 12:48:03 PM »

Halo Legendary! let me know if you need a player I love it! me knows all the short cuts  :D

Indeed young man!

Astrex

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 04:44:28 AM »

Indeed young man!

I'm getting wet!  :D

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 11:50:16 AM »

Indeed young man!

I'm getting wet!  :D

No surprise there then?

Astrex

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 04:08:14 AM »

Always wet for halo  :D

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads