Author Topic: Capcom Legend Keiji Inafune Resigns  (Read 605 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Capcom Legend Keiji Inafune Resigns
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:36:58 AM »
Mega Man creator and all-round Capcom legend, Keiji Inafune has announced via his personal blog in a post entitled 'Sayonara' that he's quit as Capcom's Head of R&D Management Group, Consumer Games R&D Division and Contents Management Division after 23 years with the company.

"A manager's work means evaluating your subordinates and speaking your dreams. Anyone who can do both of those can be a manager. I thought that when I came here, and I still think that now," writes Inafune who started out at Capcom as a character designer, before reaching the lofty position at the very top of the company's development hierarchy. "There's nowhere higher for me to go," he explained.

"I'm leaving Capcom with the intention of starting my life over," adds Inafune, who is already looking for his next challenge. "People that really know me, can see where I'm coming from. I'm not a regular dude. It's probably because I'm strange."

He then closes with a "thank-you". Inafune not only created Mega Man at Capcom, but had a hand in some of the firm's biggest franchises including Lost Planet, Dead Rising and Onimusha. He's also drawn fire for controversial remarks stating that the Japanese games industry is "finished"

We look forward to seeing what Inafune does next.

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
Re: Capcom Legend Keiji Inafune Resigns
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 06:59:32 AM »
Hope he returns soon the man is a genius, would tend to agree with his statement on the japanese games industry being finished as they seem to be out sourcing their biggest titles to western developers DMC, Dead Rising 2 etc.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:36:38 AM »
I love Inafune.  Not so much as a developer, but just as a unique character in the industry.

I hope this doesn't have some sort of negative effect on the upcoming Mega Man Universe.

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »
rumours say he's off to Square Enix...my moneys on Namco (if they can stump up enough Yen!)

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads