Author Topic: The Secret of Monkey Island 2 Special Edition  (Read 878 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
The Secret of Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
« on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:44 AM »
The Secret of Monkey Island 2: Special Edition announced for XBLA, PSN, PC, iPhone

At a pirate-themed party in San Francisco tonight (with special guests Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer!) LucasArts announced The Secret of Monkey Island 2: Special Edition, coming "this summer" on Xbox Live Arcade, PSN, PC, iPhone and iPod Touch. This isn't simply the same "special edition" treatment applied to last year's edition; instead, fans can expect a new control mechanism. "In addition to the point-and-click interface, we've added the ability to move Guybrush around, so you feel more connected to him," said LucasArts' Craig Derrick, project lead on all Monkey Island products. They've also added never-before-seen art from Peter Chan and Steve Purcell and developer commentary (!) for you Monkey Island fanboys out there (that's you).

Of course, that's in addition to all the stuff you'd expect from the special edition treatment, including high-definition art, remastered music, full voiceover track, and the ability to swap between original and "special edition" modes. Derrick even said they've "reimagined" each character, citing fan displeasure with Guybrush's hair in the first special edition. Really? We liked his hair ...

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: The Secret of Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 05:37:06 AM »
i own the first game but havn't played it yet. I'm not too sure if i'll even like it :/

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: The Secret of Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 05:56:27 AM »
I remember playing them on the Amiga in the early 90's and enjoying them, not sure if i'll bother with the Live Arcade versions, DC will probably get it though at some point  :)

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads