Author Topic: Introducing the Wii U  (Read 9215 times)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Introducing the Wii U
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 10:43:24 AM »
available 3010

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:40 AM »
I still have an Atari 2600,n64 and sepctrum 128k.Dreamcast makes me well nostalgic.Can we get a retro section? that would be neat ;D

http://360fahrenheit.com/fahrenh1_forum1/index.php?topic=9.0

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 11:41:04 AM »
last post Aug 5 2010, long live retro

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »
Retro thread is retro.

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
Interesting to see people writing off the new Nintendo console already. I remember At the end of the last generation, PS2, Xbox and the Gamecube, Everyone was saying Nintendo should stick to handholds, That after the way Sony and Microsoft out sold the Gamecube that Nintendo would be finished in the console market. Then they released the WII, A console that blew Sony and Microsoft out of the water in terms of sales. Whatever your feeling towards the wii, It will finish this generation as the best selling console.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like the Wii, But if the Wii was not so successful then there would be no Kinect or Move out now. From all the major console players Nintendo know how to innovate the most, Who knows what will be included in the new console, Rumours it will be the most powerfull console on the market (considering it will be up against 6 year old tech) A touch screen monitor on the controller, And a return to a more "hardcore" base. BUT WILL IT SELL?
 Well in Japan yes, Everwhere else maybe, I think people are ready for the next generation now and this will be the first out of the blocks, There will always be people wanting the most up to date console, I think  a lot will depend on If Microsoft (big rumours of a new console coming within 2 years) or Sony announcing anything about releasing their next generation in the same time year.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 12:42:47 PM »
Who knows what will be included in the new console, Rumours it will be the most powerfull console on the market (considering it will be up against 6 year old tech) A touch screen monitor on the controller, And a return to a more "hardcore" base. BUT WILL IT SELL?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8UE4P8kB-c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8UE4P8kB-c</a>

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 02:09:24 PM »
Some good points there Sambo,Nintendo have always been innovative that being said they did release the Virtual Boy #) but they can't keep milking the marios and metroids and zeldas.In terms of console units sold the Wii may have  more sales but in terms of software both hard copy and downloads the others have made a rake of cash.Even saying that though the words ''Sony'' or ''Microsoft'' dont evoke that magic feeling.If there's one name that sums up the video game industry it's Nintendo.It's embedded in the language of games now.Maybe just maybe Nintendo have a lil secret for this console and will reveal that they have secretly partnered with Apple.Sony would be first to fall  I suspect.You can be damn sure Apple are champing at the bit to get a slice of the pie.<<<<This is my rumour of the year>>>if I'm right then.....(your words here!).. :P
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:34 PM »
Don't think it's wise to completely write off the console, since most is speculation right now, but Nintendo's track record (lately) for software has been pretty bleh. I've not been interested in any of their first-party games since Super Mario Galaxy and no third-party game since Mad World.

I'm just hoping that we're not looking at Nintendogs & Cats or another Disney Sing It in HD or 3D next year... :-\

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 06:22:04 PM »
Wii may finish the generation with the most console sales, but its attach rate (that is, the amount of games people buy for their console) sucks compared to the 360 and PS3 (Xbox 360 has the highest attach rate as of 2010, with the PS3 not far behind). It just goes to show that people buy the Wii and then quickly stick the thing in a cupboard and forget about it. They may not be so quick to buy the next Nintendo console.
Your mom!

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
Wii may finish the generation with the most console sales, but its attach rate (that is, the amount of games people buy for their console) sucks compared to the 360 and PS3 (Xbox 360 has the highest attach rate as of 2010, with the PS3 not far behind). It just goes to show that people buy the Wii and then quickly stick the thing in a cupboard and forget about it. They may not be so quick to buy the next Nintendo console.

Exactly what I said,good man shakes.BTW loving your blog for Fallout New Vegas,keep it going.
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 12:01:32 AM »
Conservative Gamer PAUNCH!!!!!!1!!!

Offline Autarch Kade

• This post may contain nuts.
    • Time Zone: GMT -06
    • An interestingly accurate site
  • Steam: AutarchKade
  • XBL: Autarch Kade
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2011, 09:34:50 PM »
I hear this console will be nuclear powered.

Too soon?
I like my women how I like my coffee: ground up and in the freezer.

The doctors say his chances are 50/50... but there's only a 10% chance of that.

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 02:14:56 AM »
Could a been worse you could have said environmentally friendly Wave power  :o

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 07:52:30 AM »
It'll will use that wind-up technology ,actually why hasn't that been used more.Snesultraboy is being released 14th december in Japan with launch titles Mario Extreme,The Legend of Zelda:the repeating circle and Pilotwings Ultimate on the cartridge format.In a throwback to older generations the new pad will feature just 2 buttons with a d-pad.Deluxe models will include a turbo fire button on the controller enhancing the experience for more ''hardcore'' gamers.The rrp hasn't been released yet but Famitsu has suggested that a price similar to the Snes launch price looks likely.Pre-orders for the console have already hit an all time high in Japan with an estimated ten purchasers ready to take to the new-generation first.The next generation seems to approaching fast for gamers but the question as always will remain the same,''will the games be as good as the cake?',only time will tell.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 10:43:28 AM »
The generations have gotten wider since the late 90's

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads