Author Topic: Alton Towers gets Sonic ride  (Read 607 times)

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
Alton Towers gets Sonic ride
« on: January 23, 2010, 02:50:39 PM »
If there's any anthropomorphic videogame critter mascot best suited to be turned into a rollercoaster, it has to be Sonic the Hedgehog. Actually we're pretty sure that's the only anthropomorphic videogame critter mascot suited to become a rollercoaster, which is why the Alton Towers amusement park in Staffordshire, England did well to choose him.

Yes folks, starting next month visitors to the park will be able to ride the "Sonic Spinball," an updated version of the park's "Spinball Whizzer" coaster inspired by Sega's speedy hedgehog. "Partnering Sonic with one of the U.K.'s most popular destinations for a family day out is a fantastic opportunity for people to engage, and have fun, with the Sonic brand," said Sega UK marketing director Amanda Farr (via MCV).

The ride officially kicks off on February 13, which seems an ominous date to launch a new amusement park attraction (not that we're superstitious or anything, but come on). So if you're in the area and think you can stomach it, why not give the Sonic Spinball a whirl? We just hope they eventually build a lamer, less popular sidekick coaster you're forced to also ride, just to complete the Sonic experience.

Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline El Grand Diablo

• XBL: El Grand Diablo
Re: Alton Towers gets Sonic ride
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:19:40 PM »
I have fond memories of going to Alton Towers four years when I was about 11, feels like so long ago now :o.

I can still remember the Spinball Whizzer ride and it's a good ride, but a name change means nothing unless they actually change the ride.

Offline JoshM33

Re: Alton Towers gets Sonic ride
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 06:33:08 PM »
I have fond memories of going to Alton Towers four years when I was about 11, feels like so long ago now :o.

I can still remember the Spinball Whizzer ride and it's a good ride, but a name change means nothing unless they actually change the ride.

it means everything... it has sonic on the front  :o

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads