Author Topic: Amazing fantasy books check it out  (Read 2581 times)

Offline PoisonIvy

• PuT YoUr BiTcH FaCe On
    • Time Zone: GMT +08
  • Last.fm: zXmystiqueXz
  • XBL: zXMystiqueXz
Amazing fantasy books check it out
« on: January 03, 2012, 08:21:08 PM »
I started reading this series 2 or so years ago and its called the Anita Blake series by Laurel K Hamilton.
It is about a Necromancer named Anita Blake (for those of you who do not know what Necromancers are it is a person who has the powers to bring the dead back to life and control them look into it if you want to know more info on Necromancers),Anita is also a Vampire hunter in a world where Vampires are legal and concidered part of the humans when they are clearly not, and there are lycanthropes in the story and pawnweres and so on basicly alot of diffrent kinds of wears in the book men/women who can turn into panthers,tigers,wolfs,rats and alot of other animals but there is lots of sex after the 3rd book and gore all through out it has about 22 or so books so far in the series and more coming out every year i do happen to own all of them and trust me they are not thin books eather, so if you like a great story and lots of books to it and happen to have a great imagination to go along with it then check it out i promise you everyone i have gotten to read it so far has fell in love with Anita Blake series never once a complaint. Back to about what the books about, In the story she works in a office that deals with necromancers so they get paid pretty good to bring the dead back to life for the night and sometimes things go very wrong with the dead and sometimes with the people that are paying her to bring the dead back,and the deal with the vampires are in each city or county if you will there are Masters of the city and they countrol those areas and they have to be very strong and rich in order to do so and Anita runs into the 2nd hand man to the master of her city and his name is Jean claud and my god if your imaganation is as good as mine then mmm mmm the man is fucking FINE as hell lol but she helps him in a way to kill there master of the city because she is a dark and twisted little girl and Anita also meets Richard the wearwolf who is also mmm mmm fine but very tempermental but that is all i am going to say about the story and i really do who ever reads this topic will go check out the series it is AMAZING i promise you after the first 3 books you are hooked but do remember there is a lot of sex in these books and remember i just warned you XD here is the list from first book back in like 1993 or so to now in the correct order they should be read.....
also on the first 4 books those are the first 10 books put into one or like with club vampire that is the first 3 books in the series put into one book to make it easier to read so enjoy them
Anita Blake
VAMPIRE HUNTER

1.CLUB VAMPIRE (Guilty Pleasures, Laughing Corpse, Circus Of The Damned)
2.MIDNIGHT CAFE (Lunatic Cafe, Bloody Bones, The Killing Dance)
3.BLACK MOON INN (Burnt Offering, Blue Moon)
4.NIGHTSHADE TAVERN (Obsiden Butterfly, Narcissus In Chains)
5.CERULEAN SINS
6.INCUBUS DREAMS
7.MICAH
8.DANCE MACABRE
9.THE HARLEQUIN
10.BLOOD NOIR
11.THE SKIN TRADE
12.FLIRT
13.BULLET
14.HIT LIST
[/b][/font][/size]

I am strong because I've been weak. I am beautiful because I know my flaws. I am wise because I have been foolish & I can laugh because I have known sadness.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
Re: Amazing fantasy books check it out
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »
Sounds interesting, might have to check them out. I'm not a big reader but this is my kind of book when I do turn those pages. I think the last books I read were the Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan, really good stuff, that was eh.......3 years ago!!! :)
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline PoisonIvy

• PuT YoUr BiTcH FaCe On
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 08:31:22 PM »
wow yea big reader here i have read loads of other great books but this is def my fav book series i love how detailed it gets into the sex and fighting scenes

I am strong because I've been weak. I am beautiful because I know my flaws. I am wise because I have been foolish & I can laugh because I have known sadness.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »
I read this thread title as "Amazing fantasy boots" and am very disappointed by the contents.
Your mom!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 12:39:30 PM »
I read this thread title as "Amazing fantasy boots" and am very disappointed by the contents.

At least crappy Twilight wasn't mentioned, that has to count for something!   :)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 02:38:47 PM »
is it like a Twilight thing or more adult orientated? i tend to read more traditional fantasy (read: swords and sorcery).

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 04:14:17 PM »
Sounds interesting, might have to check them out. I'm not a big reader but this is my kind of book when I do turn those pages. I think the last books I read were the Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan, really good stuff, that was eh.......3 years ago!!! :)

I loved that trilogy, good quality read, though was years ago now. I can't praise Game of Thrones highly enough, on book..err.. 4? Now - loving it. Very compelling, especially if you like the genre.

Offline donnieoneshot

• Children of the night. What music they make.
  • Last.fm: donnieoneshot
  • XBL: donnieoneshot
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 04:42:41 PM »
I'm on book 2 of Game Of Thrones at the moment and it's very good. To be honest though I don't think I've come across a better fantasy novel than Magician by Raymond E Feist.
[/url]

Offline PoisonIvy

• PuT YoUr BiTcH FaCe On
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »
haha the first book didnt come out untill 1993 or so and it has alot of sh*t in it other then just vampires it has alot of diff things into and it is NO where NEAR Twilight

Offline Jurassic Parky

• XBL: Jurassic Parky
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 07:43:12 AM »
I wrote an ace fantasy story for my GCSE, it's had loads of stuff ripped from games. Got me an A in my coursework! :D

Offline PoisonIvy

• PuT YoUr BiTcH FaCe On
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 07:08:22 PM »
lol thats awesome haha

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 07:40:27 PM »
I wrote an ace fantasy story for my GCSE, it's had loads of stuff ripped from games. Got me an A in my coursework! :D

I wrote a kickass fantasy story for my exams as well, but then my jerk professor was all like "what does this have to do with theory of computation?" and then he failed me.
Your mom!

Offline Jurassic Parky

• XBL: Jurassic Parky
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 04:34:57 AM »
I also stole a history essay online and handed that in, That passed too! :D

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxF0vygnF2Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxF0vygnF2Y</a>

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads