Author Topic: Batman: Arkham Origins  (Read 5416 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Batman: Arkham Origins
« on: October 05, 2011, 02:41:08 PM »
Batman Arkham series will continue 'as long as there are stories to tell'

Quote from: Dax Ginn (Rocksteady)
There’s no other character that’s as awesome as Batman who’s got such an incredible rogues gallery, who’s got such and amazing structure for gameplay.  All it takes is to give a guy an assault rifle and it changes the entire nature of combat.

I think as long as we’re still enjoying it and as long as we feel we can contribute to the Batman universe… That’s how it feels. There’s some amazing stuff going on with Batman all around the world at the moment and we feel as though we’re making our own little contribution in the form of the Arkham-verse.

-
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:07:24 AM by GamerMan316 »

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
Re: Batman: Arkham [3]
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:34:06 AM »
Is there to be another Batman game (I hope so).
Well the rumours have started.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/71513/batman-arkham-world-teased

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:53:59 AM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 01:07:03 PM »
Batman: Arkham City follow-up to be next-gen Justice League prequel - report
Will debut 2014 "at the earliest".

Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City developer Rocksteady Studios will next tackle a prequel tale featuring Batman and the DC Universe's Justice League.

The title will be set before Rocksteady's existing series, detailing Batman's first meeting with the Joker.

Set during DC's Silver Age of comicbooks, the Dark Knight will form the Justice League of America with other heroes such as Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash, Variety reports.

The game won't launch before 2014 "at the earliest", suggesting Rocksteady is developing the title for the next generation of console hardware.

Warner Bros. is apparently keen to promote other DC characters within Rocksteady's series as it readies new film incarnations of Superman and other Justice League members.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 11:22:14 AM »
/drool

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 01:49:05 PM »
When I hear prequel I loathe a little, but actually since Arkham Asylum/City both come into the Batman story arc with all the characters established, this could work really well. That, and Justice League awesomeness. A few friends and I were discussing who would be playing what characters in a Justice League movie the other day, I wonder if this will help that ball rolling. It's only a matter of time, but a prequel like this will help draw some "mainstream" attention.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »
When I hear prequel I loathe a little, but actually since Arkham Asylum/City both come into the Batman story arc with all the characters established, this could work really well. That, and Justice League awesomeness. A few friends and I were discussing who would be playing what characters in a Justice League movie the other day, I wonder if this will help that ball rolling. It's only a matter of time, but a prequel like this will help draw some "mainstream" attention.

Agreed.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 07:18:37 AM »
Batman: Arkham Asylum/City Writer Paul Dini Won't Be Back For the Sequel

Having penned the masterful Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, writer Paul Dini has announced that he won't be working with Rocksteady and Warner Bros. Games on a third instalment, explaining exactly why he won't be returning in a blog post.

The reason for Dini's absence from the rumoured third Rocksteady Batman title has something to do with a scheduling conflict, which saw the writer booking future work after he thought that Rocksteady and Warner "had filled their writer needs".

"The last talk I had with Warner Interactive about future games was while I was doing promotion for Arkham City last September. Naturally as there was such a rush of interest about Arkham City, everyone was asking me about a third game, and frankly, I had been wondering about that myself," writes Dini. "When I asked about the possibility of working on a third game I was told that as Rocksteady had just finished wrapping the second one, it would be a while before everyone was ready to sit down and discuss future plans. That said, it was intimated that for future games, Warner and Rocksteady might not be looking as much to freelance writers, the message being, that if I had something else interesting coming my way, I might want to take it."

Dini went on to explain that his schedule leaves him unavailable to write the rumoured Silver Age Arkham prequel Batman game featuring the Justice League of America (JLA) that Rocksteady may or may not have in the pipeline: "When I later read their subsequent announcements about the Harley Quinn's Revenge game expansion and the rumored Arkham prequel/JLA game, I figured they had filled their writer needs," Dini continued.

"I had long before taken WI's (Warner Interactive) advice and booked my schedule with a number of other projects, leaving me unavailable to take on anything new until 2013. It was fun working with Warners and Rocksteady on the first two Arkham games and I am grateful to them both for a tremendous experience. Rocksteady has a great crew of artists and storytellers, and it was exciting and enlightening for me to be part of that team. If we wind up working together again at some point, that would be cool, too."

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 09:10:29 AM »
New Batman Arkham game revealed for 2013 - Rocksteady may not be the developer
Warner looks forward to "another very strong year"

To the Batmobile, my friends! Warner has confirmed the existence of a new Batman: Arkham game in a chat with investors transcribed by Yahoo Finance. It's not all unqualified good news, however - according to VG247 sources, the new game is not being developed by peerless license handler Rocksteady Studios.

"We also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise," CFO and chief administrative officer John K. Martin revealed during the call. "So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013. And with a little luck, the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012."

Could this relate to one of those mysterious Arkham domains registered by Warner associate MarkMonitor earlier in the year? More as we get it.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »
If Rocksteady isn't developing the next Arkham game, I hope their fabulou-sauce is being put to good use elsewhere.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 12:46:56 AM »
Slightly conflicting reports here though, first 2014 JL prequel, now 2013 and no Rocksteady, no Dini, and no Hamill....slightly concerned this may start to feel like a rush and quick cash-grab.  :-\

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »
no Rocksteady, no Dini, and no Hamill....slightly concerned this may start to feel like a rush and quick cash-grab.  :-\

This.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 11:20:04 AM »
Batman: Arkham Origins Rumoured for Next-Gen E3 Reveal

More rumours pointing to Warner Bros. upcoming Batman Arkham title confirmed last month for release this year have surfaced today, suggesting that Batman: Arkham Origins could be heading to next-generation and current consoles, with Rocksteady once again handling development.

French website Gameblog claims it was given the tip by unnamed industry sources, with the 'Origins' suffix pointing to previous rumours stating that the game could be a prequel set during DC's Batman Silver Age period in which Bats first encounters the Joker, with Justice League members like Green Lantern and Superman tipped to make appearances.

With Warner already confirming that a Batman Arkham title is coming this year, the source's claims that Batman: Arkham Origins could be revealed at E3 2013 and released in late 2013 don't seem all that outrageous. Yet, until some official details are confirmed, this is firmly to be considered pure speculation for now.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 11:07:01 AM »
Batman: Arkham Origins announced for Xbox 360 - Rocksteady no longer the developer
Warner Bros Montreal takes the lead on prequel project

Warner Bros has announced Batman: Arkham Origins for PC, Wii U, PS3 and most importantly, Xbox 360. As rumoured, it's a prequel which takes place several years before the first two Arkham games, introducing many of the franchise's most important characters.

The game's being developed by Warner Bros Montreal, rather than Rocksteady Studios. Controversial! More shortly - here's the first image.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Re: Batman: Arkham Origins
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 12:09:50 PM »
Via: [GameInformer]
Batman: Arkham Origins releases October 25, 2013

GameInformer May cover:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0geMX4nWA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0geMX4nWA</a>

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads