Author Topic: Sony "breathing down" Microsoft's neck  (Read 816 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Sony "breathing down" Microsoft's neck
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »
Sony is "breathing down" Microsoft's neck, PS3 to pass Xbox 360

Sony's senior VP of marketing and PSN boss Peter Dille says they're closing in fast on Microsoft and the Xbox 360; won't need 10 years.

While not predicting anything, says Dille, "we'll pass them" and adds Microsoft missed their opportunity to "sprint as far ahead" as possible.

"I'm confident we'll be around in 10 years and I can say that because we've done it twice. PS3 will be around in 10 years and probably much longer than that," said Dille in an interview with IGN, asked if PS3 will overtake Xbox 360 sales.

"We can be passionate fans, but I don't think they'll be around in 10 years so I'm very confident we'll pass them within that time frame. I mean, we've got 31 million worldwide right now -- they've got 39 million. I don't even need to go out 10 years."

"I'm not going to make any predictions for your interview today other than we'll pass them, but you look at where we are today and where they are today, and they had an opportunity to sprint as far ahead of us as possible when they had the head start."

"Well, we're breathing down their necks and they can see us in the rearview mirror and it's not going to take too long to pass them," continued a confident Sony exec.

Microsoft was heavily criticised for dumping support of the original Xbox too soon, and moving on to the Xbox 360. By contrast the PlayStation 2 has had a much longer and far more successful life span with Sony not ceasing to support it.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Sony "breathing down" Microsoft's neck
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 01:07:20 PM »
geez theres been so much Sony news on this site lately, gonna have to start clicking on PS3 followed by Mark Read, like i do with the pulp fiction board.

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »
why is sony so concerned with MS? isnt nintendo blowing them both out of the water with wii and DSi?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 05:06:08 PM »
why is sony so concerned with MS? isnt nintendo blowing them both out of the water with wii and DSi?

That is very true, it seems as though both MS & Sony are only concerned with the fight for second place, very negative attitude  :)

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 06:59:27 AM »
geez theres been so much Sony news on this site lately, gonna have to start clicking on PS3 followed by Mark Read, like i do with the pulp fiction board.

I do that sometimes too. Occasionally I have a look but I get lost at where I am
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads