Author Topic: The Wrestling Thread  (Read 28591 times)

NeuroticSarge

Re: The Wrestling Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2010, 02:36:42 PM »
Where's the hair gone?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2010, 06:45:26 PM »
This is most likely Hogan's doing, same thing happened in WCW in the late 90's

Samoa Joe Suspended From TNA

Samoa Joe has reportedly been suspended indefinitely by TNA. Apparently the reason for Joe's suspension is a bad attitude. There is also at least some heat on Joe for his weight not improving.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2010, 06:50:55 PM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2010, 08:15:58 PM »
Lance Cade Found Dead

Lance McNaught, best known as Lance Cade, has passed away at the age of 29. No other details regarding his death are currently known.

Cade was one of Shawn Michaels' first wrestling students. He ended up being signed to a WWE developmental deal before making it to the main roster in 2003. Cade was released from WWE after an incident on a flight where he took too many painkillers and went into a seizure. WWE ended up bringing him back but eventually released him again.

After being released, Cade claimed that WWE released him because he had asked for help with issues stemming from addictions to sleeping pills. WWE did send him to rehab but ended up releasing him, something Cade thought was unfair. It's worth noting that sources within WWE denied those claims.

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2010, 01:23:08 AM »
Another young wrestler goes. Such a shame.Thought he was pretty good as well.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2010, 06:14:08 AM »

He was pretty good, being taught by a great like HBK certainly helped, his tag team with Trevor Murdoch was pretty good too.

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »

He was pretty good, being taught by a great like HBK certainly helped, his tag team with Trevor Murdoch was pretty good too.

True,they where quite funny!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2010, 01:58:50 PM »
A bunch of tweets below from the Hulkster, who still thinks he's the biggest draw in wrestling, the deluded fool.   ;D

On whether Hogan Knows Best will return: "Could be a new show
about my new positive life with Jennifer,Tna ,business,real friends,starting over only real stuff no haters"

On heel Hogan coming back: "never say never."

On American Gladiators coming back: "no the show was to expensive to produce when u can do the same number with a cheap reality show"

On Halloween Havoc 99 where he laid down for Sting: "those were wack times. That was the old Russo and the old me.it was all stupid"

On Steve Austin turning down his WrestleMania challenge a few years ago: "he always said if there was money to be made let's do it , I thought he was serious"

On bringing Steve Austin to TNA, because he is the biggest draw in wrestling history: "oh he is ?"

On whether he reported Jesse Ventura to Vince McMahon when Jesse was trying to form a union: "Vince already knew about it, I just said I didn't think it was a good idea. jesse a clown, at that's how the boys have though of him. he was running his mouth like usual trying to get everyone in board everyone knew"

On whether he'd be welcomed back to WWE: "all I can say is,if there's money to be made,Vince is all business"

On whose idea it was for the Mr. America character: "mine,but Vince was supposed to run with it.the hatred knew it would get over so they killed it.the first match in the garden"

On what he would do differently in life: - "get divorced instantlyafter Nick was born"

On the steroid situation in WWE in the 80s: - "horrible, that the kind of stuff most guys did before breakfast that's a shoot"

On whether Vince McMahon would send a main eventer to rehab: "Vince doesn't play games with anybody.he treats everyone the same way"

On whether anyone tried to shoot on him in the ring:"ya , couple guys.Billy Robinson and fuginami in japan"

On Bret Hart's return: "I love Brett because I know who he really is. Really glad to see him back"

On Hiro Matsuda breaking his ankle as Hogan was starting out: "30yrs ago that's how they got rid of marks in the fla territory"

On the rumour that he and Shawn Michaels fought over Shawn's overselling at SummerSlam: "Not true"

On Randy Orton: "he's got it figured out. There only very few who really get it"

On wrestling The Rock at WrestleMania: "it freaked me out when 75thousand booed him"

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2010, 02:39:02 AM »
Hogan is a knob. Really full of himself, thinks he's it when it comes to wrestling or anything else for that matter, he is also deluded and full of crap. I liked him when i was a kid though

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2010, 06:16:02 AM »
I read a quote somewhere from a wrestling writer who said something along the lines of "Hogan made wrestling huge but Austin made it bigger AND kept it alive", I always like that quote.

Hogan was of course huge and still is pretty damn popular, especially amongst people our age, he was WWF's biggest draw until he left and then was WCW's biggest draw for a few years too but I don't think he understands that Austin made far more money for Vince than he did whilst also being able to wrestle quite well too, unlike Hogan and his crappy leg drop finisher.  The Rock made more money too I think and wouldn't be surprised if Cena does, he's been WWE's biggest money maker for about 5 or 6 years now.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2010, 10:57:33 AM »
I read a quote somewhere from a wrestling writer who said something along the lines of "Hogan made wrestling huge but Austin made it bigger AND kept it alive", I always like that quote.

Hogan was of course huge and still is pretty damn popular, especially amongst people our age, he was WWF's biggest draw until he left and then was WCW's biggest draw for a few years too but I don't think he understands that Austin made far more money for Vince than he did whilst also being able to wrestle quite well too, unlike Hogan and his crappy leg drop finisher.  The Rock made more money too I think and wouldn't be surprised if Cena does, he's been WWE's biggest money maker for about 5 or 6 years now.

he can't let go of the fact that he isn't wrestling's biggest draw and hasn't been for a long time. Back when Bret hart started to get hugely popular hogan stopped speaking to him, and even stirred the sh*t between Bret and McMahon. Then he lied to Vince's face about what he had said about Vince to Bret, in front of Bret. He also used to sulk if he didn't get his own way with Vince, especially when Vince stopped pandering to him after he had found a new golden boy. I stopped liking hogan as soon as I was old enough to realise he was a sh*t wrestler, even before I read about his attitude backstage in various wrestling books, articles.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2010, 06:54:15 AM »

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2010, 10:33:34 AM »
another wrestler dies before their time, god when will it ever stop!

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2010, 03:19:04 AM »
On a more upbeat note,whilst in Florida me and Charlie went to TNA and saw so many legends upclose it was unbelievable.
Hulk Hogan,Ric Flair,Jeff Hardy,Mick Foley etc....
I was even on tv.Ha!

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2010, 04:50:48 AM »
On a more upbeat note,whilst in Florida me and Charlie went to TNA and saw so many legends upclose it was unbelievable.
Hulk Hogan,Ric Flair,Jeff Hardy,Mick Foley etc....
I was even on tv.Ha!

Mick Foley is a true legend

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads