Author Topic: All things Stupid !!!!  (Read 8585 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: All things Stupid !!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 01:38:50 PM »

[source]

ST. PETERSBURG --  
Police said a St. Petersburg man attempted to rob a convenience store using a Sony Playstation remote control.

According to reports, Cameron Pittman, 20, hid the game controller in his pocket and pretended it was a gun as he tried to rob the Sun Food Store on 62nd Avenue S.

He was arrested by a police officer who walked into the store in the middle of the robbery, police said.

Pittman was suspected in an earlier robbery at a Subway restaurant. Police received a tip that Pittman might have been at the store, and so when the officer went inside, he caught Pittman in the middle of the act, police said.

Police said Pittman dropped the remote and gave up.

He is facing charges of strong-arm robbery and violation of probation.

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 03:02:54 AM »
lol  ;D  Priceless!!!!

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 04:28:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEz5GfZUnBU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEz5GfZUnBU</a>

WOW :o
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 04:30:05 AM »
And next up folks the old classic! ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RlXJCwSjwg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RlXJCwSjwg</a>
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 05:06:18 AM »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 11:37:44 AM »
On a more serious side of all things stuipid ...

I just discovered a site called True Crime Diary.  It's sort of a blog about unsolved or controversial cases, with a lot of focus on how screwed up the justice system is.

Here is the latest entry, about a Father convicted of sexually assaulting and killing his 3-year-old daughter.  An absolutely horrible situation made 10 times worse by the people that should have been helping.

I was playing in an amateur tennis tournament a few years ago when a fellow player and I discovered we were both from Illinois.  "But I'm from a small town called Wilmington," the woman said.  "You've never heard of it."

But I had.  My expression told her so.

"Oh  yeah.  That."

"You think he did it?" I asked.

"Yes," she said, without hesitation.  "What innocent person confesses to murdering their 3-year-old daughter?"

My tennis friend told me that she'd long since left Wilmington, but that her sister was still there, working as a mailwoman.  Her sister knew things.  Knew things?  Heard things.  A small town, you know.  People talk.  And when you're going door to door each day, handing out mail, people trust you.  You come to know things.  Hear things.

I had a pretty good idea of the things her sister heard, because I'd heard them too.

A Chicago news show had even aired a resident of Wilmington relating the town gossip.  The resident's face was blocked out and a voice changer used, but the message was loud and clear:  the anonymous source clearly spoke for most everyone in Wilmington, and most everyone in Wilmington believed Kevin Fox was guilty of murdering his daughter.

It wasn't always this way.  On June 6, 2004, the morning Fox woke up and realized his 3-year-old daughter was missing, the small town rallied around him.  They organized and searched.  They comforted the Fox family.

It was only later, with time to reflect and observe, that people in Wilmington began to have doubts, and their loyalty turned.

++++++++

Kevin and Melissa Fox were high school sweethearts.  He was a lanky junior, she a cute freshmen, when they met at a volleyball game.  Wilmington is only 60 miles from Chicago, but the big city wasn't the couple's speed.  They stayed put, in the quiet town on the Kankakee River where crime is rare, and people leave their doors unlocked.

They married young, had kids right away, a son, Tyler, and then in 2001, a girl they named Riley.  Kevin worked as a union painter.  Melissa was a stay at home Mom.  They moved into a modest three-bedroom  house on South Outer Drive.

That first weekend in June, in the summer of 2004, Melissa traveled to Chicago to take part in a walk to raise breast cancer awareness.  Kevin was in charge.  Saturday night he left the kids with Melissa's family and went with his brother-in-law to a street festival in Chicago, where he had several beers.  By the time he picked up Tyler and Riley, around 1 a.m., he was sober, he says.

Kevin put Tyler to sleep on an ottoman in the living room, and Riley under a yellow blanket on the couch a few feet away.  He went to smoke a cigarette on the porch, watched a little TV in his bedroom, and then fell asleep.  It was around 2:30 a.m.  The fan in his bedroom was on high.

Tyler woke his Dad up a little before 8 a.m.  "Riley's gone," he said.

Panic wasn't immediate.  The kids liked to play hide and go seek sometimes.  Kevin searched around.  He went next door, where Riley was known to play.  She wasn't there.  He searched some more.  After 40 minutes, he called 411.  He later said he knew he could get the police that way; his understanding was that 911 was only for extreme emergencies.

By late morning Melissa had returned from Chicago.  Officers witnessed her approaching Kevin on a neighbor's lawn.  "Did you do something stupid?" she said to him.  "You better not be lying to me."

The red flags, authorities would say later, were there from the start.  A kidnapper would have to be really methodical and cunning to choose that particular window of time to abduct Riley, when Melissa happened to be out of town.  There was no sign of forced entry, though the Fox's back door was broken, and Fox had neglected to fix it, instead lining up laundry baskets to keep it closed.

He had waited 40 minutes to call police.  He called 411.  And what had Melissa meant when she said, "Did you do something stupid?"

By that afternoon everyone in Wilmington, it seemed, was out looking for the little girl with the big brown eyes.  They didn't have long to search.

At 3:30 p.m., two female volunteers in nearby Forsythe Woods, about two miles from the Fox home, discovered Riley's body in the Forked Creek.  She had been sexually assaulted, bound and gagged, and drowned.

6000 people attended Riley Fox's funeral.

Kevin and Riley Fox

Wilmington became a tense and confused place, especially since the community couldn't help but notice that police were zeroing in on Kevin Fox as a suspect.

But Fox's family, including his wife, maintained there was absolutely no way he was guilty.  He was reported to be an excellent, doting father.  Still, there were those red flags.

Anonymous police sources began leaking damaging information.

Tyler had said in a police interview that yes, his father had left the house for a while that night; police obtained gas station surveillance footage that seemed to show Fox's SUV driving by around the time Riley was abducted; neighbors began talking about the couple's demeanor, and their habits.

Were they distraught enough?  Melissa was seen getting an expensive haircut.  The couple was said to have used Riley's fund money to go to Las Vegas.  Melissa traded in her car for a new one.  Why was there no reward for information leading to an arrest?  Who doesn't fix their broken back door?  Who puts their kids to sleep on living room furniture?  Were they bad parents, or homicidal ones?

Pressure to solve the high-profile case was building.  Will County State's Attorney Jeff Tomczak felt the heat, especially since he was running for reelection.  A few weeks before Election day, Kevin and Melissa Fox were called into the Will County Sheriff's office.

They were separated immediately.  Kevin was put into a very small room.  Detectives shoved crime scene photos of his daughter's body at him.  "You did this," they said.  They went back and forth with a weary Fox for hours.  Finally, he agreed to take a polygraph.  

"You failed," they told him afterward.  Fox broke down.

Yes, he killed Riley, he said, but it was an accident.  He'd gotten up in the night to use the bathroom, had banged her with the bathroom door, causing her to stumble and hit her head on the tub.  He staged the accidental death to look like a sex crime, and then dumped her body into the river.

Kevin Fox was charged with first-degree murder.  The next day Jeff Tomczak announced he was seeking the death penalty, even though capital cases are almost always scrutinized and reflected on for a much longer period of time.

Of course, I thought when I read the news.  I didn't buy his story, but like everyone else I suspected Kevin Fox, and knew it was just a matter of time.

I was most suspicious of the timeline --- the fact that Riley's abduction and murder occurred when Melissa Fox was uncommonly out of town.  Too much of a coincidence.

Years ago a friend and I were watching a news report about Robert Blake's arrest, and my friend deadpanned:  "Guilty?  Or super guilty?"

Kevin Fox:  super guilty.

The case seemed closed, but Fox soon recanted.  He insisted he was innocent, his confession coerced.  Fox's brother got him a defense attorney.  A good one.  The attorney ascertained that Fox's confession was foundationally shaky.  He'd been interrogated for 14 hours straight, denied a bathroom break, communication with his family, or access to a lawyer; detectives threatened to have him r***d in prison everyday if he didn't confess; they lied about his polygraph failure --- it was inconclusive, which fits someone who's fatigued and agitated.  And his story of Riley's death didn't fit the evidence.  She had no head wound, and couldn't have been dropped from a bridge like he said.

Most shockingly, Fox's attorney discovered that DNA from Riley's r*** kit had been submitted to the FBI, but after investigators arrested Fox, they called off the testing.  Fox's attorney resubmitted the DNA.

The sample didn't match Kevin Fox.  After eight months in jail facing the death penalty, he was released.

Not everyone was convinced.  The DNA was said to be from saliva on the duct tape; people wondered if it could have gotten there by other means.

Fox was called a child molester, a child killer.  I would rather put a knife through my heart than admit I killed my daughter, one woman wrote on a local message board.

The Foxes sued Will County authorities, and won a multi-million dollar settlement.  Still, despite the court victory, a cloud of suspicion hung over him.  The Wilmington woman I played tennis with said most people still thought he was responsible.

The FBI eventually took over the case, looking to develop new leads.  Agents went through the neighborhood, knocking on doors, asking people what they saw, or knew.

One woman waited for the knock on her door.  She had an unsettling feeling, a vague discomfort about her ex-boyfriend.  You might want to look into my ex, she told them.  He's troubled, and has a record.  He was always really weird about the Riley Fox thing.

The ex-boyfriend's name was Scott Eby.  He was in jail on a recent sexual assault charge.

The FBI was shocked to learn that for years Scott Eby's name had been lurking below the surface, waiting for just one person with even the mildest curiosity to bring it forward.

They learned that a pair of shoes had been found just 100 yards from Riley's body within the first hour of the crime scene search.  The shoes had the name "Eby" written on them.  A quick examination of the shoes would have revealed they were prison-issue.  A rudimentary background check would have shown Eby was on parole for burglary at the time.

The shoes were ignored.  Also ignored was a wellness call Eby's mother made to police on the morning Riley was discovered missing.  Police arrived to find a suicidal Eby agitated and vomiting.

"Have you found that little girl yet?" he asked.

Scott Eby may as well have written his name in blood at the crime scene.

More missed opportunities were unearthed.  Evidence that the Fox's next door neighbor had been burglarized the night of the abduction was dismissed; a technician decided the cut screen was storm damage.

Eby, newly out of jail and high on drugs and alcohol, had been scouting houses in the neighborhood to burglarize.  He tried the Fox's broken back door and found it open.  He spotted Riley sleeping on the couch, and decided spontaneously to abduct her.

After he assaulted her, Eby put Riley's underwear in the trash can next to the creek; amazingly, the trash can was never searched by investigators.

What about the red flags?  Tyler had stated his Dad left the house that night; Kevin said from the start he'd gone outside briefly to smoke a cigarette; Melissa's comment, "Did you do something stupid?" was an in-denial wife reprimanding her husband for a possible false alarm.  She'd traded in her car because it reminded her too much of Riley.  The Las Vegas trip was a wedding that had been long planned.  Experts said the gas station surveillance footage didn't hold up to scrutiny.  There wasn't a reward because the police had told them not to offer one.  The kids were sleeping in the living room because their bedding had just been cleaned, and Fox was too tired to make up their beds.

Scott Eby's DNA was a match.  He pleaded guilty to the kidnapping, r*** and murder of Riley Fox, and was sentenced to life without parole.

Kevin Fox, I thought, was super guilty.  My conclusions were based on half-truths, bias, gossip, and the sheen of confidence that cloaked horribly incompetent police work.

Almost every damning detail in this case, shifted a few degrees and looked at from another angle, had a benign explanation.  

Thankfully, DNA doesn't have childcare choices you think are inappropriate, or a flat expression you think is off, or a haircut you feel is too expensive.  It doesn't muse or suggest.  It doesn't hear things.  It knows.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »
Bloody hell!!  I bet OJ is a mod on that site!

Offline Hells_JJ

• PSN: Eviloot666
  • XBL: Eviloot666
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »
Bloody hell!!  I bet OJ is a mod on that site!

lmfao  :D

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2011, 04:09:07 AM »
Neato... that is one F'd up Shakespearean-style tragedy. wow...

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7udvyDLnEo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7udvyDLnEo</a>

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 11:18:55 AM »

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2011, 02:54:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7udvyDLnEo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7udvyDLnEo</a>

He's gonna keep doing this 'til he runs into Bushido Brown...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzI0oU_ebWQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzI0oU_ebWQ</a>

Wait... Bushido Brown's dead, I think.

Offline ms arsenal1988

• XBL: ms arsenal1988
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 03:14:30 PM »
some dude in america sued an iron company because he was stupid enough to iron his shirt whilst wearing it.......smh snm ;D

NO HOST LEGGO!

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »
some dude in america sued an iron company because he was stupid enough to iron his shirt whilst wearing it.......smh snm ;D

Oh dear!!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 10:38:46 AM »
Wait wait wait wait.  Hold on.  Let me get this straight.  You're NOT supposed to iron your clothes while wearing them?

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads