Author Topic: Left For Dead 2  (Read 3503 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Left For Dead 2
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2009, 05:43:46 AM »
Left 4 Dead 2 patch on PC now, Xbox 360 'later this month'

In its ongoing support of Left 4 Dead 2 on the PC, Valve has issued another patch for the game, fixing a number of problems including physics crashes and hit boxes on the Charger, Jockey and Spitter. Some of the exploits PC gamers have stumbled upon have also been eradicated, including incapped survivors improving their weapon accuracy by holding the crouch button -- though we wouldn't call that an exploit so much as a natural evolution in the face of the zombie threat. Good, old-fashioned human ingenuity is what will win us this war, people!

You can head past the break for the full patch notes. An update for the Xbox 360 will be available "later this month."

Patch notes

* Changed rules for ghost placement in Scavenge Mode
    * Player controlled Special Infected are no longer forced to un-crouch and lock strafe when they crouch attack
    * Spitter spit that damages players on a moving elevator will now fizzle quickly
    * Allow the survivor and infected to rotate the camera yaw while being attacked by a Charger or Smoker
    * Smoker that has dragged a survivor to the end now gets the same cinematic flashlight as the Hunter and Charger
    * Fixed a crash in physics
    * Updated the Charger's hit boxes
    * Updated the Jockey's hit boxes
    * Updated the Spitter's hit boxes
    * Fixed player health on being revived after a Charger slam over a high ledge
    * Fixed versus scores not resetting after a vote to change campaigns
    * Fixed being able to use defibrillator on dead players who were far above or below you
    * Fixed pink glow on dead survivors
    * Fixed being able to hold crouch while incapped to get better weapon accuracy
    * Fixed players pushing against some props causing them to accumulate downward velocity and then take falling damage when they let go of the forward key
    * Fixed a case where an incapped survivor inside a rescue vehicle would trigger both the escape sequence and a round restart
    * Fixed the helping hand from getting stuck when extended

Offline xnightcrawlerxx

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2009, 09:43:04 PM »
Not content with unleashing a full-blown zombie apocalypse, Valve has come up with the second most socially awkward event imaginable: inviting characters from the original Left 4 Dead to hang out in the sequel's first DLC campaign. Bill, Louis, Zoey and Francis will meet with the stars of Left 4 Dead 2 in "The Passing," which Valve VP of marketing Doug Lombardi calls "the most important campaign in the Left 4 Dead story, as all the Survivors are being called together in one campaign." It's targeted for release in early 2010 on Xbox 360 and PC.

In addition to a co-op campaign (set in rural Georgia) and a new "co-operative challenge mode of play," The Passing will offer new content for Survival, Versus and Scavenge modes. Playing as the L4D2 cast, you can also expect to encounter a new melee weapon, firearm and "uncommon common" zombie.

We can't wait to meet up with last year's survivors again ... oh, assuming they really are still survivors.

Offline KoreRupt

• DJ ZeroCore - Hardcore Music.
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2009, 05:29:24 AM »
Ironically even though I am boycotting L4D2 (due to being a very very long valve fan) ive heard rumours that my best friend inrl is buying it me for x-mas! woot for friends :P

Honour, Respect, Loyalty.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2009, 09:22:05 AM »
... "the most important campaign in the Left 4 Dead story, as all the Survivors are being called together in one campaign."

8-player co-op?

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2009, 10:12:26 AM »
perhaps you just meet them in an alley, like the stars of Shaun of the Dead meeting the stars of Spaced down an alley.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2009, 10:25:23 AM »
perhaps you just meet them in an alley, like the stars of Shaun of the Dead meeting the stars of Spaced down an alley.

Hopefully that's not Valve's plan.

However .. what an awesome scene that was.  I laughed so hard in the theater it made the people sitting around me uncomfortable.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2009, 11:46:16 AM »
I watched Shaun of the Dead because of Spaced, not the hype.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2009, 11:56:57 AM »
I watched Shaun of the Dead because of Spaced, not the hype.

Me too, in my opinion Spaced is one of the best TV shows ever created, so anything that Pegg & Wright do is an instant must see, saw Shaun of the Dead twice at the cinema & countless times on dvd, Hot Fuzz too  :)

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads