Author Topic: Lost Planet 2  (Read 5286 times)

markav

Re: Lost Planet 2
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2010, 05:11:21 AM »
It gives you tips how to defeat that boss on the news ticker that can be seen on the campain menu screen. Finished episode 3 with Neato last night, great fun ;D

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2010, 05:15:25 AM »
so i'd have to leave the level to find out how to kill him, gonna do it splitscreen with my mate today. even though splitscreen is VERY VERY small .....

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »
I read a review that mentioned playing solo can be a pain too because of really awful teammate AI, still can't wait to try it though and with the amount of people on here with the game i'm sure we can arrange some co-op sessions.

The AI is actually surprisingly awesome in this game.  The problem is that the AI cannot (or choose not to) perform objectives (repairing, cooling, activating, etc.).

When playing by yourself, you have to do all of the 'tasks' on your own, while the AI rampage through the enemies.  However, some tasks are near-impossble to do by yourself, like repairing / cooling / loading / firing the giant cannon thing.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2010, 11:19:07 AM »
the computer loaded and charged the cannon for me, they just wouldn't fire it or do the cooling, i got my mate to help me today took us 2 goes and lots of stressful shouting at each other.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2010, 11:19:39 AM »
It gives you tips how to defeat that boss on the news ticker that can be seen on the campain menu screen. Finished episode 3 with Neato last night, great fun ;D

It was great fun.  This game is not at all what I was expecting.  I was a big fan of the first Lost Planet.  This is a very Japanese/Arcade style co-op game.  Rediculous characters.  Incoherent story.  Impossible-to-navigate menu.  But the visuals and weapons in the game provide infinite enjoyment.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2010, 06:30:25 AM »
Lost Planet 2 Patch Available Now on Xbox LIVE

The Lost Planet 2 patch Capcom revealed last week is now live for Snow Pirates on the Xbox 360. There have been some minor and major changes based on the feed back from the fans. For instance, the sprint is now even faster. As well as other changes like if you die at a boss fight you don't have to start that whole mission over. Instead, you can jump right back  at the boss battle.

The full details of the fixes and updates the patch delivers are included below, direct from Capcom, and Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all Electronic Theatre Imagethe latest details on the Lost Planet videogame series.

- Respawning points are changed - e.g. the player can start from the beginning of the boss fight, rather than start the level from the beginning and so on.
Applies to the whole game.

- The player's attacking power has been strengthened.
This applies when the difficulty level is set at either Easy or Normal and when only one player starts the game.

- The level of animations for the player being affected near by attack/explosion is lowered.
This applies when the difficulty level is set at either Easy or Normal and when only one player starts the game.

- The level of damage to the player is lowered.

- Harmonizer is adjusted to be more powerful.

- The level of animations for the enemies being affected near by attack/explosion is increased.

- Tip texts are added to the objects that require the B button action such as Data Posts.

- Weapons' parameters are adjusted - i.e. they became quite evenly balanced (not too strong, not too weak).

- The speed of the player's dash is increased.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2010, 06:34:03 AM »
wow, they're really all good fixes, i was stuck playing Normal solo. This should make my life a whole lot easier now, gonna get this patched tonight!!

spawning ingame when you die, instead of starting the whole level again is much appreciated too.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2010, 05:26:54 PM »

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2010, 05:32:01 PM »

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2010, 05:43:39 PM »
Must be tired after all that travel...get a couple of beers down you and turn in.  Nothing like your own bed after a business trip.

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2010, 06:13:55 PM »
Lost Planet is painfully Japanese (if you get my drift).  It's a great game, but if you're not familiar with that gaming culture you'd be best to get some rest like Luke said and start fresh when your brain can adjust.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2010, 02:15:48 AM »
hmmm, theres no real tutorial, when you come to the wall you first grapple up theres a little sign post that shows you how. I really like LP2, finished it twice now and half way through another play. I was just waiting for the update which makes Single Player easier, when playing solo.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2010, 06:47:28 AM »
Capcom Explains Lost Planet 2's Failure
Crossplatform shooter was company's number one title for the quarter, but failed to live up to expectations

Capcom shared its quarterly earnings yesterday and cited Lost Planet 2 as one of the reasons for a 70% drop in operating profits.

While the company said the game "underperformed its projection substantially," Lost Planet 2 was actually its top selling game for the quarter. New earnings materials released by the company today list the game as having shipped 1.5 million copies worldwide. This beats out Super Street Fighter IV's 1.35 million and the Monster Hunter 3's overseas (Europe and North America) sales of 690,000. All three titles were released in the quarter.

Back in May, Capcom shared sales targets for the upcoming fiscal year. For Lost Planet 2, it listed 2.2 million units.

During a Q&A session at an earnings briefing today, company reps were asked why the game underperformed. Two reasons were cited. First, competition is tough in the shooting genre and they did not differentiate LP2. The other reason is that because the game was delayed from its original release period, they could not give it adequate promotions.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2010, 06:51:41 AM »
not looking good for Lost Planet 3 .... although 1.5m copies isn't that bad, compared to some games that get burnt and only ship a few 100k.

Also i think they would have made 2.2m if they didn't have the worlds hardest achievement list.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:53:16 AM by Failed »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2010, 09:13:01 AM »
not looking good for Lost Planet 3 .... although 1.5m copies isn't that bad, compared to some games that get burnt and only ship a few 100k.

Also i think they would have made 2.2m if they didn't have the worlds hardest achievement list.

If Capcom follows through with it's "Let's use US developers to make sequels for now on" strategy, Lost Plant 3 will do just fine.

I think Lost Planet 2's Japanese-esque menu system and campaign pacing turned a lot of western customers away.  The game is great, but a lot of my friends ended up trading/returning it.

Personally, I think they would have had more success by marketing the game as a new franchise.  It certainly didn't feel like a sequel to Lost Planet.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads