Author Topic: Polyphony Digital explains 'GT5' delay  (Read 726 times)

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
Polyphony Digital explains 'GT5' delay
« on: January 16, 2010, 06:03:14 AM »
Developer Polyphony Digital has shed light on its decision to delay the release of Gran Turismo 5 in Japan.

Speaking at CES earlier this month, studio boss Kazunori Yamauchi explained that the racing title has been postponed because it is yet to be completed.

"About 90% of the game is done. We are just working on the last 10% and polishing up everything," he told USA Today.

He also revealed that the game will be compatible with the PS3's Motion Controller in certain sections. "It might be used to maybe control the user interface like you would a mouse, but that's the extent we would use it for," he added.

Earlier this week, Sony revealed that the game's Time Trial Demo has reached one million downloads in Europe. A new batch of screens and a trailer are now available on the title's official website.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan currently lists GT5's release date as TBC. European launch details are said to be coming "in due course".

Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Polyphony Digital explains 'GT5' delay
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:03:48 PM »
Microsoft man has dig at GT5 delay

Microsoft's Phil Spencer has taken a cheeky pop at the repeated delays to the release of PS3 exclusive Gran Turismo 5.

As you'd expect, the Microsoft Game Studios boss is a big fan of Xbox 360's rival racing series. "I think Forza continues to define the racing genre," he told Eurogamer earlier this week.

"Especially from first-parties, given that it seems to be the only one that's shipped." Ooh burn. Chinese rather than third-degree though probably.

"It's the highest-reviewed racing game this generation," Spencer continued. "And it continues to include the community... I think we continue to push, as first-party, this line between shrink-wrapped games, Live and that social community experience."

For more from Spencer read the full interview, in which he uses the word "experience" 29 times.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads