Linked Events

• FIFA 12 (UK): September 30, 2011

Author Topic: FIFA 12  (Read 2690 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: FIFA 12
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 07:11:41 AM »
I've always been FIFA, i'm so fanboy that i've never given PES a chance.... and never will. I think it's like buying Halo: Reach and never opening it ;)

I have no idea what you're talking about!   ;)

I remember getting the very first FIFA at launch on the Megadrive with the 4 player adapter too and loved it, played it constantly but after playing International Superstar Soccer Deluxe on the SNES and then the first ISS on the PS1, FIFA took a back seat until FIFA 09 was released, i'd still try them every year but Pro Evo was miles ahead in that period for me.  Now (apart from the MP) it's the other way around, Pro Evo has got a bit better recently but Konami stayed still for too long while EA kept improving.  I might just start buying them both every year like I used to!   :)

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 07:21:02 AM »
Think pes tried to compete with fifa on the licensing side of things and let the gameplay slide but with this latest itteration they seem to be readdressing this and concentrating more on their core mechanics, still think fifa is infront but its closer this year than last year.

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 02:09:42 PM »
Picked this up today, couple of things what happens to XP when you hit the daily cap?  is it lost or will it add onto tomorrows total? 

Also has anyone set up a 360DF club yet?  It'll be good to get everyone together for a few cheevos games... :)

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline Maibs

• PSN: Maibs
  • Steam: Maibs
  • XBL: xXMaibXx
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 04:42:56 PM »
Picked this up today, couple of things what happens to XP when you hit the daily cap?  is it lost or will it add onto tomorrows total? 

Also has anyone set up a 360DF club yet?  It'll be good to get everyone together for a few cheevos games... :)

You lose it, caps at 2000 a day if you do the challenge it increased to 2600.

360DF club would be awesome, i own a club with a friend "Inter UrMam" that we use for 2v2, if anyone wants to create a 360DF for some 2/3/4 vs games im in.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 06:24:32 AM »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »

Offline Maibs

• PSN: Maibs
  • Steam: Maibs
  • XBL: xXMaibXx
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »
FIFA 12 outselling PES 2012 by 25-1

EA’s VP & GM of Northern Europe, Keith Ramsdale, has said that the publishers latest FIFA game is outselling its rival by 25-1.

Speaking at an exclusive press event held yesterday (as reported by Gamerzines), Ramsdale said that there were “big smiles at EA at the moment.”

“FIFA went out just a couple of weekends ago. We had record pre-orders and record sell-through,” said Ramsdale.

“When you look at Pro Evolution Soccer versus FIFA, only five years ago in the UK PES was outselling FIFA. On its first weekend like-for-like we’ve just outsold PES by 25 times.

“That’s a sign of the momentum and the fanbase and community behind FIFA, and let’s be clear, an absolutely kick-arse game. It’s unbelievable.”

FIFA 12 sold a whopping 3.2 million copies on its first week on sale, which is impressive numbers by anyone’s standards.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 01:39:16 PM »
FIFA 12 outselling PES 2012 by 25-1

Impressive and in no way a surprise!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 05:16:50 AM »
EA Sports signs Messi as global face of FIFA
Long-time PES cover star jumps ship

Lionel Messi, long-time cover star of Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer series, has signed with EA Sports.

The Barcelona forward signed a multi-year contract with EA Sports to become the global face of the FIFA franchise. He makes his debut in March 2012 on the cover of FIFA Street.

Messi, perhaps the greatest footballer ever, was on the cover of PES 2009, PES 2010 and PES 2011. Real Madrid striker Cristiano Ronaldo replaced him for the cover of PES 2012.

"Our FIFA franchise is the number one selling sports videogame franchise in the world, and Lionel Messi is the number one player in the world, so this agreement is a true partnership of superstars," said Matt Bilbey, Vice President and GM of Football, EA SPORTS.

"With Messi on our team we have the world's best and most exciting player to help EA Sports maintain its global leadership in the years ahead."

What did Messi have to say?

"I want to be part of the team behind the best sports football game in the world and be associated with the great EA Sports name," the diminutive wizard offered. "EA Sports is a brand that shares my values of creativity, excellence and social responsibility."

Messi's deal means he is now an EA Sports Football Ambassador. Expect to see his face on marketing and advertising campaigns, packaging and in social media for all things FIFA.

What will big FIFA fan Wayne Rooney, who has been on the cover of the main FIFA series since FIFA 06, have to say?

Messi actually had this to say:
"I love money. Really, I can't get enough of it. When EA parked a fleet of dump trucks filled with money outside my house, I knew right away that I wanted to be part of the great EA Sports name. It's a brand that shares my love of cash."

;D

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 06:22:51 AM »
We are gathered here today to mourn the passing of Pro Evo Soccer.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 06:35:39 AM »
FIFA 12 gets January transfer window squads update

EA has released the January transfer window squads update for FIFA 12.

Go into a head-to-head seasons match and you'll download the squad update automatically.

To download manually, do this: Menu - Customise FIFA > Edit Teams > Change Squads/Rosters > Download Updates.

Headline January transfer window moves include Gary Cahill from Bolton to Chelsea, Papiss Demba Cisse from Frieburg to Newcastle, Louis Saha from Everton to Spurs, and Djibril Cisse and Bobby Zamora to QPR.

The update also adds midfield maestro Paul Scholes to Manchester United after he came out of retirement. He has an overall rating of 81.

Have Chelsea's misfiring striker Fernando Torres' stats changed?

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 09:21:01 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWgkJQT02-U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWgkJQT02-U</a>

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads