Linked Events

• Mass Effect 3 (US): March 06, 2012

Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 15210 times)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2012, 12:11:28 PM »
Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut
Posted on April 5, 2012 by darklarke

An official press release went out today announcing how we are re-prioritizing the Mass Effect 3 post release content schedule to provide a more fleshed out experience for our fans. For many of you the “Extended Cut” will help answer some questions and give closure to this chapter of the Mass Effect story. Oh and it’s at no cost to you – the fan.

Here is a mini FAQ to help you understand what the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is and isn’t:

What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?
     ■ For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard’s journey.

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?
     ■ No. BioWare strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?
     ■ BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

When will the Extended Cut DLC be available?
     ■ Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.

Why are you releasing the Extended Cut DLC?
     ■ Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard’s story.

So there you have it. Are we proud of the game we made and the team that made it? Hell yes. Are we going to change the ending of the game? No. Do we appreciate the passion and listen to the feedback delivered to us by our fans? Very much so and we are responding.

Summer is coming…

[blog.bioware.com]

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2012, 01:51:33 PM »
Sounds like a good compromise.

Still haven't finished the game, (yup, "Slow like molasses") - so I'm still a little murky on the whole "closure" thing.

Two positives:

(1)It's free! :D

(2)It's not out until Summer, so slow pokes like me get some time to go through the game as thoroughly as possible.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »
"Additional cinematics"... so no actual gameplay, what a waste of time!!!

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2012, 09:34:31 AM »
"Additional cinematics"... so no actual gameplay, what a waste of time!!!

The alternate/extended ending to Portal 1 came to mind.  I still haven't finished ME3, but I'm hoping to see the "bad" ending before they release the DLC so I can compare my reactions to both.

Offline Dantespaw

• Time Zone: GMT -08
    • Xbox Live Card
  • XBL: Dantespaw
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2012, 11:23:14 PM »
I have seen tons of posts about there not being enough closure in the story. I haven't finished it yet, but i am loving my time with ME3 so far and cant wait to see what all the fuss is about. For anyone who has finished it, how long did you put in? Im at almost 20 hours, but im too busy searching every system for war assets lol.

Offline Jurassic Parky

• XBL: Jurassic Parky
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2012, 09:17:43 AM »
I put about 25 hours into single player, and about 6/7 into Multiplayer to get my readiness to 100%.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »
I put about 25 hours into single player, and about 6/7 into Multiplayer to get my readiness to 100%.

That's kinda quick, I'm actually 40+ hours into it and still haven't finished the game. I'm about 75% through, but I tend to be ultra-thorough with games like this. I speak with all crew members after every mission, have eavesdropped on a bunch of conversations on the Citadel, and scoured through most maps for whatever resources have been available.

I'm enjoying the game, though I bet if anyone were watching me play through it, they would be bored to death. :P

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »

That's kinda quick, I'm actually 40+ hours into it and still haven't finished the game.

I'm at 40+ hours and I just received my first Quarian mission.  I'll be at 50+ hours by the time I actually see a Quarian on my screen.

I'm what I like to call an "explorer".  My friends like to call me "slow".

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2012, 04:19:58 PM »
Free DLC

Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Multiplayer Expansion

The Resurgence Multiplayer Expansion brings a grudge to the fight! It provides two new maps to reconquer: Firebase Condor’s moon base and Firebase Hydra’s hydroelectric dam. It also enables reinforcement packs that offer six new classes from species that have lost lives or whole planets to the Reapers: the Batarian Sentinel, Batarian Soldier, Geth Hunter, Geth Engineer, Krogan Battlemaster, and Asari Justicar. The packs’ new weapons are the Geth Plasma SMG, Striker Assault Rifle, and Kishock Harpoon Gun. Also, four new equipment items enhance weapon stability, melee damage, headshot damage, and shield regeneration.

Offline BackupLight

• Last.fm: OutwardSix
  • XBL: BackupLight
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2012, 05:51:20 AM »
Free DLC

Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Multiplayer Expansion

The Resurgence Multiplayer Expansion brings a grudge to the fight! It provides two new maps to reconquer: Firebase Condor’s moon base and Firebase Hydra’s hydroelectric dam. It also enables reinforcement packs that offer six new classes from species that have lost lives or whole planets to the Reapers: the Batarian Sentinel, Batarian Soldier, Geth Hunter, Geth Engineer, Krogan Battlemaster, and Asari Justicar. The packs’ new weapons are the Geth Plasma SMG, Striker Assault Rifle, and Kishock Harpoon Gun. Also, four new equipment items enhance weapon stability, melee damage, headshot damage, and shield regeneration.

Hurray Geth!

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2012, 10:50:39 AM »

That's kinda quick, I'm actually 40+ hours into it and still haven't finished the game.

I'm at 40+ hours and I just received my first Quarian mission.  I'll be at 50+ hours by the time I actually see a Quarian on my screen.

Actually, the Quarian missions were some of the more interesting points in the game (so far)IMO.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2012, 05:08:51 PM »
Actually, the Quarian missions were some of the more interesting points in the game (so far)IMO.

I agree, but then Tali has always been my favourite character from ME1 & ME2

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »
Now available for FREE!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmJfr5CT0-Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmJfr5CT0-Q</a>

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »

lol that's a lot for ME though I gotta admit. The feeling in ME1 landing on planets and then exploring was priceless, I didn't get that feeling with ME2 though it wasn't magic. This is gonna be played by the end of summer most likely along with LA Noire finally! Funny thing is I was super hyped for this until I remembered it was Bioware sorry DAII just burned a little too much. Still Fem Shep and Tali ftw :)
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/f08ed13949e0998b.png[/img][/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2012, 01:44:38 PM »

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut

The Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is a downloadable content pack that will expand upon the events at the end of Mass Effect 3. Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Extended Cut will include deeper insight to Commander Shepard’s journey based on player choices during the war against the Reapers. The Extended Cut will be available to download at no additional charge on June 26th on Xbox 360 and PC and PlayStation 3.

How much is the Extended Cut?
     • The Extended Cut is available to download at no additional charge.

When does the Extended Cut release?
     • The Extended Cut will release on June 26th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 in North America and July 4th for PlayStation 3 in Europe.

How large is the Extended Cut?
     • The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage.

How do I get the Extended Cut?
     • The Extended Cut can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE, Origin on PC, and PlayStation Network at no additional cost.

What is included in the Extended Cut?
     • The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences. It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings.

Does the Extended Cut change the endings?
     • The Extended Cut is an expansion of the original endings to Mass Effect 3. It does not fundamentally change the endings, but rather it expands on the meaning of the original endings, and reveals greater detail on the impact of player decisions.

What save game should I load to play the Extended Cut?
(click to show/hide)

Where can I learn more about the Extended Cut?
     • To learn more about the Extended Cut, please enjoy the Extended Cut interview podcast with Community Manager Jessica Merizan, Executive Producer Casey Hudson, and Lead Writer Mac Walters.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y7xk1_x8ko" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y7xk1_x8ko</a>

[source]

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads