Author Topic: MS researching Natal 2  (Read 834 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
MS researching Natal 2
« on: March 22, 2010, 01:40:57 PM »
MS researching Natal 2 already

Project Natal may not be in shops yet, but creator Microsoft is already thinking about "a second version".

Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald (spotted by VG247), Hsiao-Wuen Hon - managing director at MS Research Asia - said investing heavily in research allowed flexibility to look towards and plan for the future this far in advance.

"And when we do invent something first like the Natal kind of scenario, while we have a researcher working with the product group for the first version, we already have a researcher thinking about the second version down the road so we certainly hope we will continue to be holding that technology," he said. "I really love what Microsoft is doing."

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: MS researching Natal 2
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »
Nintendo do  this all the time with the DS, the XL has just released but i bet their next version is already half done :P

Offline CRracer_912

• vroom vroom!
  • XBL: CRracer 912
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:53:44 AM »
Yeah, I read an article awhile back about Nintendo and it's next console.  Appears they pretty much already have that one basically done, but will not release it untill all potential has been tapped from the Wii, which they said it hasn't been close to being tapped.  In other words, We have something you'll want, it's better, but we're not letting you have it until you buy up all our current stuff  :)

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »
Nintendo do  this all the time with the DS, the XL has just released but i bet their next version is already half done :P

it is. the nintendo 3DS due for release before march 2011. rip off swines!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 03:06:40 PM »

it is. the nintendo 3DS due for release before march 2011. rip off swines!

I know, i posted that, then 2 topics down was the 3DS smiling up at me like a little exclamation mark to punctuate my previous statement :)

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads