Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 19525 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 05:33:02 AM »
Battlefield 3 campaign 12 hours long

Hotly anticipated shooter Battlefield 3 features a 12-hour campaign, according to a report.

Chatting with DICE general manager Karl Troedsson, a reporter from Games.on.net mentioned the 12-hour figure.

"Naturally we want to introduce more people to our franchise," Troedsson replied, explaining its inclusion. "A lot of people don't want to jump straight into multiplayer. They want to feel around a bit and they're ready to move over to online."

He added: "The hardcore online people, they don't care, they're just straight in. Maybe they don't even touch the campaign. But we want to get more people in, invite more people into the franchise. That's one of the main reasons why we have this different part of the game."

The length of first-person shooter campaigns was a topic brought to the fore recently with the launch of THQ's Homefront, which drew complaints for its five-hour campaign.

Many believe Battlefield 3 will offer Activision's Call of Duty its most serious challenge yet atop the first-person shooter mountain.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFTAoaFQa5k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFTAoaFQa5k</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 05:02:43 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbW98JYSjos" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbW98JYSjos</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 03:30:18 PM »
Box art

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 02:55:36 PM »
Battlefield 3 is next generation proof - DICE
Frostbite 2 engine is two years ahead of its time

DICE is "desperate to move on to the next generation" and has designed Battlefield 3 to look cutting edge "a couple of years in the future", according to executive producer Patrick Bach.

"I don't know what the big corporations are thinking but definitely we are desperate to move on into the next generation," Bach told CVG in an interview.

"I think Battlefield 3 will look like a next-generation game and all the technology we're building, the whole Frostbite 2 system - the animations, audio, everything - is trying to aim for a couple of years in the future, rather than looking at what we have today."

"We are already there," he said. "If [Microsoft or Sony] were to release a new console tomorrow, the engine would scale onto that platform, because we have been looking at not only the PC technology today but also speculating what will happen tomorrow when it comes to these things.

"So everything from our streaming technologies [to] rendering technologies is scalable onto future platforms."

Last month, EA Games label boss Frank Gibeau said the Frostbite 2 technology would help Battlefield 3 "leapfrog" competing shooters.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »
I'm excited for it, i hope it doesn't come out along side more important games like EDF:IA

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 04:23:32 PM »
I'm excited for it, i hope it doesn't come out along side more important games like EDF:IA

I think it's out in November.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »
Just seen the advert inbetween the FA Cup semi and it gave me a semi .... it looks soooooo good!!

Offline Vidar

• Time Zone: GMT +01
  • XBL: BMC2005
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2011, 02:05:10 PM »
Just seen the advert inbetween the FA Cup semi and it gave me a semi .... it looks soooooo good!!

I was watching as well, what an amazing looking game! a little bit of excitement wee did come out  :P

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 02:34:40 AM »
I can't frickin' wait for this game, it looks next gen, it sounds next gen! There is supposed to be a full 12 minute reveal today at some point, i will look out for that. I am getting gears 3, skyrim, batman arkham city and battlefield 3 all at the end of this year. I might as well sell all my other games, because i won't need any others for the whole of 2012!!!   ;D

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 02:55:59 AM »
Have they released any console footage yet?

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »
Have they released any console footage yet?

probably just high end PC stuff so far, still gonna be the best looking thing on 360 though

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 02:16:18 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc</a>

Offline Vidar

• Time Zone: GMT +01
  • XBL: BMC2005
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2011, 03:41:59 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc</a>

I just watched this and even being a big battlefield fan as thats where i started online gaming, that looks like it could be one of the finest games to date and my new favourite online experience ever! (replacing battlefield 2 modern combat ps2)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2011, 05:36:25 AM »
I downloaded the 500MB version off LIVE so i could watch it on my big TV with surround..... i then proceeded to do naughty things to my television.

.. i now have a restraining order  :-\

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2011, 07:57:10 AM »
I downloaded the 500MB version off LIVE so i could watch it on my big TV with surround..... i then proceeded to do naughty things to my television.

.. i now have a restraining order  :-\

i did the same thing, as it was on the 360 i am assuming the 360 video was 360 footage being shown on a pc. after all they have stated that the 360 version will look and sound next gen.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads