Author Topic: Aliens vs Predator  (Read 6212 times)

Offline KoreRupt

• DJ ZeroCore - Hardcore Music.
Re: Aliens vs Predator
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »
Can't wait for this game.. I remember back in the day impaleling stuff with the Predator's pike and nail cannons and stuff!  Was amazing back on the PC YEARS AGO!

This game better live up to expectations or the developer will see 3 red dots appear on his head afterwards :P

Honour, Respect, Loyalty.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2009, 11:58:21 AM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 06:38:53 AM »
Rebellion rises against Australia AVP ban

Aliens vs. Predator developer Rebellion has refused to "sanitise" its game, claiming the Australian Government does not consider adults "able to make their own entertainment choices".

SEGA's bloody and mature shooter was barred from sale when the Australian Classifications Board deemed content too strong for an MA15+ rating, which is the highest a videogame can be classified in the region. Films, on the other hand, can be labelled R18+ (restricted, "high level content") and X18+ (sexually explicit).

"Rebellion is disappointed that its upcoming title Aliens vs. Predator has been banned in Australia. However, as we understand the law in that country the authorities had no choice as we agree strongly that our game is not suitable for game players who are not adults," said the developer in a statement.

"The content of AVP is based on some of the most innovative and iconic horror movies, and as such we wanted to create a title that was true to the source material. It is for adults, and it is bloody and frightening, that was our intent. We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices."

Aliens vs. Predator will be released here on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in February.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 09:03:46 AM »
They'll have to get them smuggled in then :P

Australia sucks, loads of poisonous animals and no 18 games!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 09:08:30 AM »
and no Steve Irwin anymore neither  :(

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 06:07:46 AM »
Lance Henriksen reprises 'Bishop' role in Aliens vs. Predator

Lance Henriksen, who was most memorably cleaved asunder as android (ahem, "artificial lifeform") Bishop, will see another continuation of his Aliens film role in Rebellion's Alien vs. Predator game. Henriksen plays Karl Bishop Weyland, the descendant of Weyland-Yutani corporation founder Charles Bishop Weyland. The 69-year-old actor is happy with his virtual likeness (seen above) and is quoted as saying, "I might score from this game!" Joystiq is quoted as saying, "Maybe if it's from a facehugger, Lance."

Considering Henriksen's appearance in one of the most gore-riffic scenes in film (at the time), we should reiterate that Aliens vs. Predator will release in February 2010 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC -- in countries that don't require toned-down violence. Rebellion has stated that it will not be "releasing a sanitized or cut down version for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Sorry, Australia and Germany  :)

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »
Lance Henriksen would be my guess.

It's boring being right all the time  ;)

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2009, 08:09:18 AM »
Lance Henriksen would be my guess.

It's boring being right all the time
  ;)

I wouldn't know, i'm always wrong  :(

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2009, 10:28:02 AM »
Awwwww  :(

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 06:36:59 AM »
Aliens vs Predator given UK date

SEGA plans to release Aliens vs Predator here on 19th February 2010.

And on that day three versions of the PC, PS3 and 360 game will await your pick.

There's a self-explanatory Standard Edition; a tin-encased Survivor Edition that comes with a post-launch DLC map code; and a Hunter Edition, which has all of that plus facehugger model, Weylund Yutani sleeve badge and 3D lenticular postcard.

Those details and the date are reported on MCV. SEGA has no comment to offer at present.

Aliens vs Predator aims to recreate the iconic shooter of old on today's technology, overseen by original developer Rebellion. The game drew large crowds at the Eurogamer Expo 2009 and for good reason.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2009, 08:02:06 AM »
Australian Attorney General offers insight into Aliens vs. Predator classification refusal

We've heard from Australian Attorney General Michael Atkinson in the past on why he thinks certain games shouldn't be available to Australian consumers. And when he was asked recently by ABC why the upcoming Aliens vs. Predator was refused classification in his country (read: banned), he echoed previous sentiments on the interactivity of games having a stronger affect on people than other mediums. "I accept that 98 percent, 99 percent of gamers will tell the difference between fantasy and reality, but the 1 to 2 percent could go on to be motivated by these games to commit horrible acts of violence," Atkinson said.

When the subject of AvP comes up, though, Atkinson put on his game reviewer cap and offered, "You don't need to be playing a game in which you impale, decapitate and dismember people." So, what're you thinking, Mr. Atkinson -- 5.0/10 maybe? 4.7/10? We're all ears.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2009, 08:09:24 AM »
We'd hate for the 1 or 2% of society to be running around, impregnating peoples faces with chest-bursting alien junk.
or perhaps hiding in trees and pretending they're invisible whilst hunting arnie.
or fighting off swarms of alien face impregnators AND invisible tree huggers with 'futuristic' weaponry (read: guns)

society might crumble if that was the case, but i think Australia would be fine as everyone lives atleast 30 miles apart from their neighbour. Except people in the capital (Sydney :P ) but they're all on the beach with their shrimp and surf boards.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2009, 11:12:02 AM »
"I accept that 98 percent, 99 percent of gamers will tell the difference between fantasy and reality, but the 1 to 2 percent could go on to be motivated by these games to commit horrible acts of violence," Atkinson said.

Ban a game for the entire country because 2% of the population may "commit horrible acts of violence"?  If that is the government's logic, I suppose they also ban scissors, cars, domesticated dogs, and big rocks?

No?  That's weird, since each of those contribute for more than 2% of the "horrible acts of violence" in Australia than videogames.

... f****ing idiots.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2009, 07:42:46 AM »
Aliens vs Predator "Unbanned" In Australia

Sega just let us know that Aliens vs Predator, a violent game which had previously been refused classification in Australia, has had that ruling overturned.

Sega Australia's general manager, Darren Macbeth, tells Kotaku "It is with great pleasure that we announce the success of our appeal. We are particularly proud that the game will be released in its original entirety, with no content altered or removed whatsoever. This is a big win for Australian gamers. We applaud the Classification Review Board on making a decision that clearly considers the context of the game, and is in line with the modern expectations of reasonable Australians".

The ruling means the game will now be classified MA15+, meaning only those aged 15 years over can purchase the game. It also means no cuts or edits will need to be made to the title in order for it be sold, which is lucky, since developers Rebellion had sworn that's something they weren't going to do.

Like Macbeth says, it's nice to see common sense win out for once in this country.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2009, 09:18:29 AM »
good news for all the Aussies, i bet they'll sell loads of it over there now, won't be suprised to see it hit the top spot on the sales chart and stay there!

Great allround really The Gamers get a top game, The Company get lots of money and The Classification Board don't look like a bunch of mean scrooges!

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads