Linked Events

• Dark Souls (US): October 04, 2011

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 5359 times)

Offline NinjaBBehrens

• Ninja "B"
  • They'll never know what hit 'em...
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
  • XBL: NinjaBBehrens
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »
The Gaping Dragon is pretty slow, but he is capable of a few rapid maneuvers, as well as being able to damage you with just about any part of his body, whenever he moves. It's a battle of patience mostly. You are already overleveled for that fight!  ;)

Aural decoy is a good idea. I suppose if that works you could also use one of those glowing skulls or whatever they are called.

It's got to be time consuming to farm for levels at the point in the game you are at. I would recommend shelling out for the Crest of Artorias if you plan on leveling more where you are.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2012, 10:09:44 PM »
What I'm doing now is changing to a lighter build for more speed, I don't tend to stick in close anyway so it suits me to have that roll speed. I managed to farm out all but two of the Balder set just missing the sidesword and buckler, the gauntlets were a pain to drop though. Just a little personal challenge. Alluring souls are rare I believe so I think I'll save them for later and go with aural decoy. I've plenty of ranged for the G Dragon fight, although I want that tail cut. Oh btw the Balder shield looks sweet as hell, it's a pity that the cape is cut short on the armor though :( but the set looks very spartan.

Crest of Artorias is the forest covenant right?
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[/url]

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »
Alright it seems I missed that Andre sells the crest lol
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[/url]

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »
Capra demon demolished, stood and banged with him first time out, a whole lotta fun that!

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2012, 05:32:10 AM »
Almost ready for Blightown, word of advice though do not summon the npcs for the gaping dragon, they cause more hassle than they're worth. Anyway that axe is one mammoth to weald! off to the forest to grind moss and then we'll be all set, not looking forward to poisontown at all, narrow walkways eeeeww!!

Offline NinjaBBehrens

• Ninja "B"
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2012, 09:03:22 AM »
What level are you now Prism?

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2012, 10:12:59 AM »
Sitting on 50, gonna take the short route to queelag and push some territory on.I'll take her out ring the bell grab the gold helm set, maybe check a strategy for discharge so I don't have to sacrifice anything (maybe a sacrifice ring option there) but sensible to try and beat him I think. I've been slow going but I made some grinding choices that are paying off. Those basilisks weren't even a threat at all to me lol.

After queelag I don't know, maybe moonlight butterfly/hydra before sens, but I do wanna push territory as priority.

Offline NinjaBBehrens

• Ninja "B"
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2012, 04:10:17 PM »
There is an easy way to beat ceaseless discharge. I wont give it away unless you want though. Or you can search for it. After you know, you could probably beat him easy at level 1. Those Hydras are no joke though.

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2012, 04:33:59 AM »
lol wow ceaseless easy win is right, I just found that out! that is sorta cheap though. valid  :) didn't play much last night but I did some pvp in the forest 1-3 very mixed bag. First fight dude with lightning spear and eagle shield had him beaten until I fell off the edge doh, second fight havel armoured guy went up behind and backstabbed before I got ktfo badly, third was fun real cat and mouse around the trees trunks at the entrance gold helmed and katana guy was going alright until he got the bleed on me :( and the only win came kinda cheeky but it's not against the rules!!!

And then bam disappointment when I found out how to get more orbs, maybe I'll join the forest covenant and defend it. Pvp is excellent though.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »
How difficult is this game really? It's £14.99 from Zavvi in their Monday deals, I didn't know whether to pick it up?

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline NinjaBBehrens

• Ninja "B"
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2012, 03:58:06 PM »
It's difficult to define. If you consider yourself a skilled player who enjoys a challenge, I think it is manageable. You cant just plow through it. The game requires more patience and strategy than typical games in this genre. I was psyched out too, but I decided to buy it on impulse and I am incredibly glad I did.

Offline Sload

• Weeeeiiijjjj o.o
    • Time Zone: GMT +01
  • Last.fm: Sload
  • Steam: Sload89
  • XBL: Sload
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
You definitely need patience. I don't know how many times I've had to kill the same enemies over and over just to get to a boss, die and redo it all again. But I have never felt that it was boring because I find the combat to be really fun and well done. If you like rpgs at all you need to give this a try, it's not like any other game out there, except for Demon Souls of course.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2012, 06:36:33 PM »
It's difficult to define. If you consider yourself a skilled player who enjoys a challenge, I think it is manageable. You cant just plow through it. The game requires more patience and strategy than typical games in this genre. I was psyched out too, but I decided to buy it on impulse and I am incredibly glad I did.

There's the problem, I only consider myself an average gamer. I don't mind a challenge but this does sound like I may find it too hard. I probably won't waste the money.

Thanks for the input guys.

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline NinjaBBehrens

• Ninja "B"
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2012, 09:43:19 AM »
My friend who I beat the entire game with only considers himself average, and he did have a fair amount of trouble early on, but he loves it now and excels at PvP. The curve is rough at the beginning, but if you can secure some help it isnt that hard. I love this game too much to not recommend it to anyone who expresses any interest.

Still, good luck with your decision.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2012, 04:58:28 PM »
I've decided against getting it, at least for the time being. It does sound too difficult for me, and I've only just scratched the surface of Skyrim so won't have time to play it anyway. Maybe in 6 months time I may consider it, depends if I've got bored of my other games by then.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads