Author Topic: E3 2010 - What Will Happen?  (Read 1154 times)

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
E3 2010 - What Will Happen?
« on: July 30, 2009, 01:09:00 PM »
E3 this year brought us Project Natal, the motion control project that garnered a lot of attention.
Then there was Peter Molyneux's 'Milo' project, Metal Gear Rising announced for 360, Facebook and Twitter on Dashboard, more info on the likes of Assassin's Creed 2, Lost Planet 2, Halo 3: ODST...

But what of next year? It's a while away yet but that won't stop us gazing into our crystal ball and coming up with predictions that you can return to and mock next June. And here they are!
Project Natal 'Launch Games' (Probability: High)

Its announcement was this year, its arrival is supposedly next year, the unveiling of the launch games will be somewhere inbetween. Somewhere like E3. Yeah... that sounds about right.

Guitar Hero: Air Guitar (Probably: High)
There will definitely be another Guitar Hero, with Activision cranking them out at an alarming rate. So what are the chances of a new Guitar Hero game, or at the very least a Guitar Hero mini-game, that's based around playing air guitar via Project Natal? High. Hence the "Probably: High" thing we wrote above. Duh.

Project Gotham Racing 5 (Probability: High)

With Bizarre bolting for Activision and Microsoft ushering Forza Motorsport 3 into the spotlight, that leaves the path clear for Project Gotham Racing 5 to take centre stage at E3 next year.

Call of Duty: The Treyarch One (Probability: High)

It won't be set in World War II if Treyarch is to be believed and therefore won't use Ben's suggested title of "Call of Duty: Hitler's Revenge." The current rumours have pointed towards Vietnam as the next setting and World at War showed Treyarch is comfortable with dense jungle environments. We shall see.

More Booth Babes (Probability: High)

Seems like an obvious thing to say but was the 'ban' on them for E3 2006 ever officially lifted? Instead, they kept a low profile that year and have slowly crept back into prominence with each passing year. Now that E3 has found its feet again, expect an increased booth babe presence next year. With plenty of pictures to follow. Of course.

Gears of War 3 (Probability: Medium)
Enough time will have passed for Cliffy B and his boys to show off another Gears of War title in development, or at the very least announce it. Microsoft wants to have one big punch at E3 and this could be it - it depends not only on what else Microsoft is planning but if Epic has any other irons in the fire too. It would be more of a surprise if this didn't show up, though.

Too Human 2 (Probability: Medium)

Or 'Three Human' as we've dubbed it here. Denis Dyack and Silicon Knights have been quiet since the furious storm that was Too Human's release. Yet after the controversy and the mud-slinging, it's worth remembering Too Human is the first part of a planned trilogy. Dyack's comeback could be planned for E3 next year.

Fable 3 (Probability: Medium)

Would be a dead cert except for the fact that Lionhead takes its sweet time with Fable games and Peter Molyneux is now a Microsoft man, which could see Fable development slow without its famous creator at the helm. It will appear at E3, we just think next year will be a year too early.

Avatar Sports Academy (Probability: Medium)

Every year, Microsoft announces a handful of XBLA games that get crushed under the hype of the triple-A announcements. Joyride, a free avatar-based racing game, was this year's. We reckon next year's will be a sports academy title with various mini-games based on avatars.

Left 4 Dead 3 (Probability: Low)

Now Valve has shown how quickly it can kick out a sequel if it wants, who's to say Left 4 Dead 3 won't be cued up for next year's E3? It's unlikely to happen due to the fan backlash over the speed of Left 4 Dead 2's announcement in the wake of the original but even so, it's not something that can be ruled out.

New TimeSplitters Game (Probability: Low)
Free Radical Games had literally just started the whispering campaign to build hype for TimeSplitters 4 when the studio went under. Now relocated under the Crytek umbrella, what are the Haze developers working on now? There's been no news but E3 next year would be the perfect timing to unveil their latest title. We think it'll be a familiar franchise to re-establish themselves - in other words, TimeSplitters 4.

Microsoft Handheld Console (Probability: Low)

There's been lots of talk of Microsoft releasing a rival to Nintendo's DS and Sony's PSP but Microsoft doesn't seem overly concerned with handhelds. With Project Natal on the horizon, it seems Microsoft is keener on pushing the 360's advantage than creating a handheld console.

Dashboard Internet Browser (Probability: Low)

It's something a lot of 360 owners have asked after but something that seems unlikely in the wake of the Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm. Why spend time creating those partnerships and applications for the 360 if an internet browser is in the pipeline? Because in all likelihood, an internet browser isn't on the way.

Downloading Full 360 Games From Dashboard (Probability: Extremely Low)

There's no denying that Microsoft is working towards a digital distribution future. We can already download films, Xbox Live Arcade games and original Xbox titles via dashboard. But full 360 games? If it ever does happen, it won't be next year, that's for sure.

Shenmue III (Probability: Extremely Low)
Every year, Sega promises a project tied in with a 'much loved title' and every year, the internet crosses its fingers and hopes for Shenmue III. This year will be no different from every E3 since Shenmue II's release - there will be no confirmation of a sequel. E3 2020 is more likely for this one.

Gearbox Halo (Probability: Extremely Low)

The rumours have recently been shot down but as the saying goes, there's no smoke without a fire.

Heavy Rain (Probability: Extremely Low)

Microsoft has been nabbing exclusives from Sony ever since this generation of console wars kicked off, as titles from Devil May Cry 4 and Virtua Fighter 5 through to Final Fantasy XIII and Tekken 6 have all shunned exclusivity in favour of multiplatform status. There aren't many exclusives left to nab. Heavy Rain is the biggest domino left with a possibility to falling to multiplatform status, though that possibility is rather slim.

DFUSIONITE

Re: E3 2010 - What Will Happen?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 02:00:04 PM »
I thought it was announced at this years E3 that we would soon be able to download full 360 games onto our hard drives from the dashboard. In fact i know it was. Apart from that its a pretty spot on list.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »
I'd be happy with just a Gears 3 announcement though I have a feeling that may be unveiled at GDC again like with Gears 2 last year.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:57:07 AM »
Halo Reach will be there.

What are we due?

Oblivion 5, PGR5, another Ghost Recon, Devil May Cry 5, Tomb Raider 23, another MK, Gran Turismo 5 for the 360 .... Too Human 2. I've gone a bit mental now.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 11:02:23 AM »

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 03:10:56 PM »
neato don't tease me with japanese half-faced strong (but will still ask me to open the jam-jar) hottie!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 03:55:46 PM »
neato don't tease me with japanese half-faced strong (but will still ask me to open the jam-jar) hottie!

... tee hee

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 03:57:31 PM »
I think that will just finish Failed off!!!! ;)

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 03:58:15 PM »
better hope she doesnt get shot from behind... ;)

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »
It would need to be a crack shot.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 06:02:27 AM »
ahh bleh sheesh ... can i have her delivered neato, i know your the man to see about these things?

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads