Author Topic: Lance Henriksen - Not Bad For A Human  (Read 504 times)

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Lance Henriksen - Not Bad For A Human
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:08:41 AM »

You’d be hard pressed to go through the history of Sci-fi and Hollywood cult films (and Gaming for that matter) and not run across Lance Henriksen’s name and his work. From Close Encounters of the Third Kind, to Millenium and the Alien Franchise, he’s been sprinkled throughout the path of some very interesting projects. Now we can add Dark Horse comic book writer to Henriksen’s impressive resume.

According to [Dread Central] – over the past few years, Henriksen, along with the help of co-writer Joseph Maddrey has been authoring his recently released biography, Not Bad For A Human. The book takes a look at Henriksen’s screen persona, providing a revealing look at Lance’s upbringing and the development of his career.

With regards to the project, Henriksen was quoted as follows:

Doing a biography was almost kind of accidental. I met (co-writer) Joe Maddrey because he wrote the recent horror documentary Nightmares in Red, White and Blue; and I was the narrator on the movie. So we became friends from that, and one day he admitted to me how he was a huge fan of mine and wanted me to write my biography with him about both my life and career experiences. Honestly, I wasn’t sure I wanted to do it so I told him, ‘Let’s do 40 pages, and if it’s mediocre, we’re throwing it out and that was the end of it.’ But it actually turned out to be pretty great so we kept on going. I’m really glad we did because I think Joe and I put together a really entertaining read for both fans of mine and even for readers out there who may not be as familiar with my work, too.

I was really expecting it to be a lot harder to get the book finished, but the writing process was actually pretty easy because luckily a lot of what I’ve been through translated very naturally onto the page. It was definitely an interesting process for me to go through while reliving a lot of different memories over the course of a year and a half while the book came together. There is definitely a lot I didn’t get to put in the book, but had Joe and I included every little story, we would have ended up with a 900-page book. Who wants to read all that?

Not Bad For A Human was released this past May (2011) and has prompted a US cities book tour by the iconic actor:

I’m visiting 12 different cities in two-and-a-half months to support the book and reach out to the fans who have been so supportive along the way,” said Henriksen. “It’s a tough schedule to keep up, but I’m always so touched to get the fan feedback when I’m out at different shows promoting the book and talking about my career. I’m very lucky to have such devoted fans, and I’ve loved hearing the stories about how my work has touched their lives.

The future also looks to continue Henriksen's wirting as he’s been approached by Darkhorse for an upcoming project:

Joe and I were approached by Dark Horse Comics during Comic-Con to write a script for a new comic series so that’s pretty amazing. We’re going to start working on that very soon, and I think it’s cool how our working relationship has evolved together over the years. Joe’s such a great guy, and I can’t wait to see what happens with our script.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Lance Henriksen - Not Bad For A Human
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 01:35:28 PM »
I saw his interview on G4.  The dude is legend.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads