Author Topic: Gran Turismo 5 Trailer Celebrates Cover Car  (Read 509 times)

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
Gran Turismo 5 Trailer Celebrates Cover Car
« on: January 07, 2010, 10:46:46 AM »
Gran Turismo 5 developer Polyphony Digital has announced that the Mercedes SLS AMG will be the cover car for its PlayStation 3-exclusive racer, celebrating with a new trailer.

The SLS AMG will be available to drive in GT5, with a top speed of 197mph and doors that open like Doc Brown's DeLorean time machine in Back to the Future.

Gran Turismo 5 lands in Japan on March 5 but worldwide release details have yet to be revealed.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx3OZjzinm8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx3OZjzinm8</a>
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Trailer Celebrates Cover Car
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »
Another PS3 game that i've no real interest in, never been a big fan of the Gran Turismo series, always liked getting the License's but the actual races sucked, probably rent it  :)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 03:26:29 PM »
I played the Gran Turismo "demo" thing on PSN a few years ago when I got my first PS3.  I had no idea what was going on.  I drove along the track for nealy 20 minutes, but the race never ended or progressed.  I explored the menu but didn't see any change of gametypes or whatever.  I was confused, because all I read on the PS3 forum was how AWESOME the GT demo is.  I deleted it out of frustration.

It was pretty though.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 07:37:10 AM »
Sony Europe comments on GT5 delay

Sony Europe has said that Gran Turismo 5's latest delay is "only applicable for the Japanese market", although the platform holder also declined to estimate when the game will be released.

"This information on the GT release is only applicable for the Japanese market," the company said in a statement to Eurogamer. "SCEE will announce the launch date for this game in the PAL territories in due course."

Sony Japan had announced a March 2010 release date for Gran Turismo 5 at the Tokyo Game Show last year, while SCEE had been a little more cautious, declining to confirm a date for the much-anticipated Polyphony Digital racer.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads