Author Topic: Games A-Z section  (Read 978 times)

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
Games A-Z section
« on: February 15, 2010, 03:04:06 PM »
  Now I know we have a fantastic 360 games thread where we are given all the upcoming news on future games, But I was thinking about a full A-Z section of released 360 Games ( I know it would take a bit of work to get started). We could then post our opinions on any games we have each played, Therefore giving a really good idea for anyone looking to buy older games who want to know what other Fahrenheit members thought of them.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Games A-Z section
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
It is an epic task though, there are sooo many games. I think this would work great if there were more overall users. Get advertising our 'sevices' to the gaming community!

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 04:53:35 PM »
I'm up for trying that, Tara started one on the old site & it looked like a lot of work, so maybe we could keep this at a more basic level.

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 02:28:56 AM »
Perhaps only do the games that we like? Don't wanna know about Failed's games like Hannah Montana,my little pony,Turok etc.

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
  • XBL: Jaynestown
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 02:54:39 AM »
Sounds like a good idea in theory but it may create a lot of work. Sarge's idea sounds like a good starting point :) We should start with Gears Of War 2 as everyone likes that  ;)

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 03:01:48 AM »
Well....most of us are in love with Gears.....

I think it's a good idea but if we all work on one title at a time it will mean that it will take ages!!!
If there is a way to keep the list alphabetical there is nothing stopping us each starting threads about different games and giving our initial reviews and then letting others top it up in the interim. I would also go some way to prevent duplication of titles.

As for only doing good ones, personally, I think it should be ALL games so then we also know the ones to avoid/rent/simply score whore as well.

To me it makes a bit more sense because it then opens it up to everyone who visits the site too and could be a nice little thing for new members to get involved in easily without having to worry about the clans unique style and sense of humour.....

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 04:43:33 AM »
Perhaps only do the games that we like? Don't wanna know about Failed's games like Hannah Montana,my little pony,Turok etc.

I wouldn't bother, sounds like effort spamming about ye olde games when theres such great quality games on the horizon.

I thought the current format is fine and unless we get a membershiplosion this will look overworked and out of place, maybe in a bigger communitu of maybe 50-100 regular users, with another 100+ part-timers. We have about 10-20% of that.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 10:22:39 AM »
I've considered this before, but a dedicated forum for each Xbox 360 game (ie. Xbox.com) wouldn't work here, simply because we don't have the population or played games volume to keep it up.

I think it's best to give each Xbox 360 game its own thread / topic for discussion.  If anyone has trouble finding a game thread that already exists, you can use the search box at the top/right of the page, or you can sort the threads alphabetically by Subject.  If there is a game that anyone would like to discuss that hasn't been given its own topic, feel free to create one.  

:)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:24:31 AM by nCogNeato »

Offline TaraJayne

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • Twitter: TaraJayne360
  • Last.fm: TaraJayne360
  • XBL: TaraJayne
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 05:29:27 AM »
I will think about it. I do like having a list of games. It would be easier to do on these forums to
Can't wait for Shenmue 3

I hate jokes that rely on visual imagery.

I've had it right up to here with them.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads