Linked Events

• Spider-Man: Shattered ... (US): September 07, 2010

Author Topic: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions  (Read 2888 times)

Online GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:58:32 PM »
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions Revealed

You can tell that it's a slow news day when a game's title from a magazine cover makes headlines, but the latest issue of GamePro is sporting Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions as a cover strapline, so we can take that as an announcement of sorts.

It's likely that the game will either follow Ultimate Spider-Man or Web of Shadows since there's still no solid word on what shape the fourth film will take beyond a possible high school/teenage angst reboot.

Webs, swinging and fights are likely to feature and no doubt a menagerie of villains will show up to terrorise poor Spidey, but what Shattered Dimensions could refer to is beyond us. And we're big time comic book geeks and everything. Negative Zone? Secret Wars? Who knows?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:24:45 PM by nCogNeato »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »
I hope it's a sequel to Ultimate Spider-Man, but I'm sure it's gong to be a crap sequel to the crap Web of Shadows.

Now that Marvel has the financial backing of Disney, they really need to be more picky about their videogame IPs.

Offline Kyuubi

• Super Dooper Member
    • Blind 100
  • XBL: KyuubiKitsuni
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 04:49:36 PM »
It scares me that this is most likely to be a money spinner (excuse the pun) and it not going to be good.......it's sad that this franchise peaked back on the PS2 (IMO) when web slinging and swinging all felt new and shiny.

Online GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 05:32:45 AM »
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions: The Wish List

So, we know that two of the four slots for alternate realities in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions will be filled by the classic Peter Parker from Amazing Spider-Man and the 1930s take of Spider-Man: Noir. But we're totally in the dark about the remaining two continuities that will be featured.

So, since it's anybody's guess, we thought we'd make a few of our own. Excelsior!

Spider-Man: India

Why it would work: Pavitr Prabhakar's native Mumbai could present a really interesting counterpoint to the old-timey grit of Noir. Plus, his costume could be a thing of beauty in motion, if animated right.

Why it wouldn't: The shoes. We know, they're traditional, but it's going to be hard to feel like a tough guy while wearing slippers.

Spider-Man 2099

Why it would work: Besides a totally bitching and iconic costume, Michael O'Hara's claws could make for some pretty visceral additions to Spidey's arsenal.

Why it wouldn't: Everybody knows that the future is so 5 minutes ago.

Zombie Spider-Man

Why it would work: Listen, Activision's mama didn't raise no dummy, and if the publisher knows one thing, it's that zombies sell. Heck, look at Call of Duty: World at War!

Why it wouldn't: Adorable as they may be, the Marvel Zombies have a bad habit of eating everything in their path. Fun, but not great for a video game hero, save for the obvious.

Spider-Man: 1602

Why it would work: Like his Indian counterpart, Peter Parquagh lives in a world that would be a lot of fun to explore (Elizabethan Europe and America), and one that's pretty drastically different than the urban jungles of Amazing and Noir.

Why it wouldn't: The collar. Listen 1602, we get it. We do. This is the world you live in. That's the very latest. But if India has to change his footwear, couldn't you at least go with a nice cravat?

Spider-Ham

Why it would work: Sorry, is it not obvious? He's Spider-Man  ... but a pig. What part of that isn't self-evidently rad?

Why it wouldn't: ... Sorry, we've got nothing. This one's a lock.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:36:11 AM by GamerMan316 »

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:29:28 AM »
I'M going for Spider Ham, Or to put it right Spider-Pig.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R828rFd2aI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R828rFd2aI</a>

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:03:39 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v463-fNalQQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v463-fNalQQ</a>

After seeing the trailer, I'm really hoping this does for Spider-Man what Arkham Asylum did for the Batman franchise.  Spider-Man Noir is going to be fantastic in a game, as long as the game itself doesn't suck.

I like the possibilities of Spider-Man 2099 and Spider-Zombie.  I love the 2099 universe, even though it was so short-lived.  Spider-Man and Hulk were definitely my favorite 2099 incarnations.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 03:16:48 PM »
GameStop has once again decided to sh*t on the coats.

The site revealed special preorder costume bonuses ... WITH PICS!

1.  Amazing (normal) Spider-Man

2.  Spider-Man Noir

3.  ?

4.  ?

The forearm spikes on #4 are a dead giveaway that Spider-Man 2099 is going to one of the playable characters (hooray!).

I'm still not quite sure what to make of #3.

Online GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 03:18:48 PM »
Nice trailer, looks promising.

Astrex

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 04:14:21 AM »
wow, love spidey looks awesome!

Very interesting storyline could be a stroke of genius depending on how it plays out

Online GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 05:09:31 AM »
Activision details next Spider-Man

Activision has used a press release to reveal the first details of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, the web-slinger's next game, due for release in September this year. It's being developer by Quebec City studio Beenox.

As the title suggests, Shattered Dimensions will take players to four different Spider-Man universes from the complex continuity of Marvel comics. The first two of these to be revealed are The Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man Noir.

You'll play as a different version of the wall-crawler in each universe, with gameplay changing to suit. The Amazing Spider-Man will present the hero in the classic form created by Steve Ditko, with the focus on "innovative web combat".

Spider-Man Noir will take players to a black-and-white, 1930s setting that takes its cue from last year's Marvel Noir comics and features a stealthier style of play. It's "a cunning and covert depiction of Spider-Man, who utilises shadows to perform stealth takedowns," it says here.

Comics author Dan Slott has written the storyline, which has Spider-Man pursuing pieces of the Tablet of Order and Chaos, which has been broken and scattered across the parallel universes. Villains include Kraven and, in Noir, Hammerhead.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 09:53:58 AM »
Spider-Man Noir will take players to a black-and-white, 1930s setting that takes its cue from last year's Marvel Noir comics and features a stealthier style of play. It's "a cunning and covert depiction of Spider-Man, who utilises shadows to perform stealth takedowns," it says here.

Spider-Man: Arkham Asylum   :)

Offline RedMaster11

• Super Dooper Member
  • XBL: Red Master 11
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 09:55:28 AM »

Spider-Man: Arkham Asylum   :)

Exactly what I thought when I saw the trailer. Even the roping up the bad guys looks the same.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 01:30:05 PM »
surely that's no bad thing, the amazing spider-man bits don't look like Arkham though, more like Friend or Foe :P

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »
surely that's no bad thing, the amazing spider-man bits don't look like Arkham though, more like Friend or Foe :P

Agreed.  It's going to kind of be like 4 games in 1.

Although that makes me worry the game is going to feel very short and underdeveloped.

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 08:07:21 AM »

Agreed.  It's going to kind of be like 4 games in 1.

Although that makes me worry the game is going to feel very short and underdeveloped.

like AvP, but just like AvP if they get each seperate 'game' just right, it could be a lot of fun.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads