Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 3874 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
« on: April 20, 2010, 05:51:30 AM »
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 revealed

A third Marvel vs. Capcom game has been revealed.

A teaser cinematic appeared on YouTube (via VG247), apparently from Capcom's Captivate event in Hawaii last week. The publisher-enforced embargo on coverage expires at 4pm BST today.

The video shows famous Marvel and Capcom characters having a fight: Hulk takes on Chris Redfield, for example, and posterboys Ryu and Wolverine go at it on a city rooftop.

Planet Xbox 360 offers further, source-based detail, and explains that the game will be disc-based, run at 1080p and look very pretty. Characters "confirmed" are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and others - presumably the cast of Street Fighter will be easy imports given that they've already been created for SFIV and SSFIV.

There's no word on date nor platforms, but PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 are obviously a safe bet, given the cross-platform MT Framework engine underpinning the action.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUWKuVJYnIE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUWKuVJYnIE</a>

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:18:15 AM »
O

M

G!

I did not see that coming.  Fantastic surprise!   ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is official

The Captivate iron-embargo curtain has lifted and Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds has been revealed. The US PlayStation blog has the first trailer.

The game will be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 in spring 2011.

Capcom's US blog has said the game will feature "wild, over-the-top gameplay" with aerial combos, hyper combos and fridge-freezer combos perhaps?

There's also three-on-three Tag Team fighting and a "living comic-book" art style, which apparently blurs the lines between 2D and 3D gameplay in a different way to Street Fighter IV.

Capcom is promising a strong storyline, according to Kotaku, and is aiming at around 30 playable fighters. Confirmed faces include Ryu, Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Morrigan and Chris Redfield. Kotaku reckons promotional art hints at the inclusion of Chun-Li, Captain America, Super Skrull, Deadpool, Felicia, Dante, Frank West, Mephisto, Black Widow and Doctor Doom. Well spotted.

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »
Nice. Surprised but good stuff.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 06:08:31 AM »
Captain America, Deadpool for Marvel vs Capcom 3
More new characters revealed

The launch trailer for Marvel vs Capcom 3 didn't keep its secrets too well hidden, showing many of the playable characters in silhouette form. Many fans had already identified them, but Game Informer has just made it official that Captain America, Deadpool, Dante and Felicia are part of the line-up.

They join the previously announced fighters, Chris Redfield, Hulk, Wolverine, Ryu, Iron Man and Morrigan - with plenty more to be announced in the coming months.

So who would you most like to see? It's already a given that Frank West will appear, but what about Mega Man and the mighty Servbot? The first person to say Shuma Gorath gets mocked.

Astrex

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 07:45:27 AM »
I might rent this

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 06:27:40 AM »
Four new MVC3 characters revealed

Marvel villains Doctor Doom and the Super-Skrull, and Capcom fighters Chun-Li and Trish, have been added to the list of playable characters in upcoming fighting game Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

The quartet join Ryu, Wolverine, Morrigan, Iron Man, Hulk, Chris Redfield, Captain America, Deadpool, Dante and Felicia on the game's ever-growing roster.

The armoured Victor von Doom has tormented superhero team the Fantastic Four for years and years. He has a pretty face.

The Super-Skrull is an alien with the combined powers of the Fantastic Four, making him something of a bad-ass.

Street Fighter stalwart Chun-Li is the Queen of Kicks and, once again, has massive thighs. Don't say that to her face, though.

And Trish, from beat-em-up Devil May Cry, is sort of like a female version of Dante, in that she, too, has supernatural powers.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3, powered by Capcom's MT Framework engine (the one used for Resident Evil 5), is a three-on-three tag team fighter in the 2.5D style. It's due out on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Spring 2011.

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 06:30:53 AM »
Im crap at MvC2, so it's a rental for me

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 11:03:22 AM »

I'm also crap at MvC2, but it is my favourite fighting game, So I'm looking forward to this.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »

High five. Me too.
Your mom!

NeuroticSarge

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 12:50:42 PM »
Never liked fighting games.Too boring. Remember when Mortal Kombat came out and tried it a couple of times.After the blood gimmick gave over,seemed really mediocre!

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »
Never liked fighting games.Too boring. Remember when Mortal Kombat came out and tried it a couple of times.After the blood gimmick gave over,seemed really mediocre!

MK was great when it first came out, but i was a kid at the time

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 02:31:41 PM »
Soul Calibur 2 is the greatest fighting game of all time for the single player experience. Multiplayer i'd say Capcom vs SNK 2001 Millennium Edition.

So as it were, this isn't Soul Calibur V or Capcom vs SNK. Therefore the only enthusiasm i can gather is for all the cool characters that're in the game and the sexy visuals!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

This may not have happened in the UK, but does anyone remember the "Mortal Monday" viral marketing for the first Mortal Kombat?  Before "viral" was actually a thing?

For weeks I was so confused and excited to find out what "Mortal Monday" was.  Then I found out it was for a videogame.   :'(

DFUSIONITE

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 03:09:24 PM »

This may not have happened in the UK, but does anyone remember the "Mortal Monday" viral marketing for the first Mortal Kombat?  Before "viral" was actually a thing?

For weeks I was so confused and excited to find out what "Mortal Monday" was.  Then I found out it was for a videogame.   :'(

I cant remember if that happened in the uk, i can't remember that far back!

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads