Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: Jaynestown
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »
I was gonna buy this today, was even standing in the queue in Asda with it, but decided against it. I'm actually proud of myself for resisting, I suspect I will pick it up much cheaper in a few months time, I doubt it has a lot of replay value.

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2011, 06:40:05 PM »
Not enough game modes and online is super cheap. Plenty of easy achieves for a weeks work. Looks an easy 800G.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »
My buddy and I are 2d fighting game fanatics, so we'll be getting our use out of the online. I hope they add the ability to watch fights in progress at some point though.
Your mom!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2011, 03:24:05 AM »
same here, i still own and play Capcom vs SNK 2001. (best 2D fighter EVER). MvC3 was just cheap online, tis ok 2 people in the same room as i could punch him in the face when ever he got cheap.... technology hasn't advanced enough for me to punch some kid 200miles away for spamming Ryu fireball, followed by Akuma spinning kicks, followed by Dante run across the screen swinging his sword :/

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »
I always pick the weirdest (worst) characters in fighting games (dono why, I am somehow drawn to worthless fighting game characters), so I'm prepared to get smoked a lot.

My A team consists of Hsien-Ko (LeiLei, if you prefer to be all Japanese and hardcore) from Darkstalkers, Tron-Bonne (I think she comes from Megaman, but no Megaman game that I've ever played), and Trish (who is, apparantly, from Devil May Cry 2, which I've also never played).

Trish is actually pretty good in a noob's (my) hands, but the other two are either too tough for a noob like me or they just suck. Probably a mixture of both. But whatevs, I've fallen hard for Tron Bonne's tiny robot army, and Hsien-Ko's weapon juggling. They had me at hello.
Your mom!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »
All 3 are pretty good, i like Hsien-Ko's spider-man swing and Tron overall. I totally abused Trish's sword boomerang move against the AI earlier.

I'm liking the Darkstalkers and the Ryu. Also Haggar ..... i know >_<

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »
Hagger is a tough character to master, but he can pull off some beastly stuff. He can also spinny-fist counter ultra combos (provided you have to foresight to pull a spinny fist in time).

Trish's sword boomerang is my go-to ultra combo starter. The best thing about her is her traps, though. You can trap an area up and then use the boomerang to drag people into it. So far she is also my best weapon against Galactus (or whatever his name is). Between her boomerang and Tron-Bonne's drill dash I was able to mop up Galactus easily and snag the "don't use any continues in arcade mode" achievement on the medium difficulty.

As for Hsien-Ko, her pendulum is pretty cool but her best move by far is the gong reflect. It is great for stumping projectile spammers.
Your mom!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2011, 02:23:11 PM »
You guy have me jonesing for this game now.  Since I missed the preorder, I have obey the Neato Code and pick it used or in trade.

I prefer to play fighting games offline (solo or with a friend).  I rarely play online, my ego can't take it.   8)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2011, 03:33:44 PM »
The little doggy Ameratsu is Galactus raper, his normal special is a screen filler that drains his life quicker than Failed drains the beer supply on a Friday Game Night!

I like some of the level 3 Ultra's, they have the cinematic flare of the SF4 Ultras. Trish, Haggar and Dante have some great looking lv3 Ultras.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads