Author Topic: Dragon Age 2  (Read 5191 times)

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
  • to you sir, i say 'pew pew'
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: FailedSeppuku
Re: Dragon Age 2
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2011, 03:25:57 PM »
I have to admit the Dragon Age Legends Facebook game is pretty good.

I always said I'd never play a Facebook game.  Thanks, BioWare, for making me a liar.   :P

gonna give it a go in a min.

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
  • PSN: Elleelastic
  • Steam: Elleecstatic
  • XBL: Angry Toaster
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2011, 09:56:29 PM »
im still having problems with the end of dragon age UGH i wanna open my DA2 copy SO badly..

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »
im still having problems with the end of dragon age UGH i wanna open my DA2 copy SO badly..

got my copy of DA2 too but wanna try and finish the DLC stuff fromn DA:O over the weekend before I break the seal.

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
  • Now with almost no cannibalism!
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • Conservative Gamer Bloke - My Blog
  • Last.fm: Hndshks
  • OnLive: Handshakes
  • PSN: ShakesyJ
  • Steam: handshakes
  • XBL: Handshakes
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »
I broke down and bought this on PC. I'm so weak. I saw a deal, and I had to go for it.

Promo code "Hangover" at Direct2Drive for 20% off any purchase, making DA2 $50.
Your mom!

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »
I'm about 14 hours in and compared to Dragon Age: Origins:

What I like: The art is definitely flashy-er, and some of it looks cool like the Qunari.
I like how the story is told through flashbacks, movie style.
The combat as definitely more active, when things gel together on the battlefield it feels good.

What I don't like: The art is definitely flashy-er, and some of it looks too anime-ish for my tastes. Flemeth, for instance, now looks like some sexy anime freakshow character. In the first game she just kind of looked like an old granny, which was cool in that it made her more mysterious and subtle.

The story itself has none of the epicness of the first game. Whereas the first game went for Lord of the Rings style earthshaking conflict, this game is really just about one dude/dudette's personal journey. Even the characters are much more subtle this time around, which is both good and bad. I mean, being non-caricatures this time around they maybe feel a bit more real, but in doing so they aren't quite as memorable or interesting as the DA:O characters.

I feel that the combat isn't well balanced at all. I played a mage in both games, and all my awesome nukey power from DA:O is gone. Now mages feel like squishy douches who pointlessly set off sparklers in the back of the room whilst the warriors and rogues do all the work. Rogue is the new mage, with crazy high damage output backstabs and the ability to go anywhere they want around the battlefield instantly. In DA:O, towards the end of the game all of the hardest encounters involved a demi-boss mage in the back of the room who would be fireballing, paralyzing, and ice blasting you onto your ass so that you would be dead before you could get a move off. This time around all of the demi-bosses are rogues who can disappear in an instant, then reappear behind you with a knife in your back and half of your health gone. But I can live with that.

The real problem with the combat is the big boss fights, like with the dragons and such. I'm not sure what the strategy is supposed to be, but those fights always devolve into my entire party being killed instantly, and then the boss chasing my mage hero around, Benny Hill style, while I stop and shoot my sparkler at him ineffectually every couple of yards. This goes on for 20 painful minutes until I finally drop the dragon with one of my noisemakers.
Your mom!

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 11:41:30 AM »
... The real problem with the combat is the big boss fights, like with the dragons and such. I'm not sure what the strategy is supposed to be, but those fights always devolve into my entire party being killed instantly, and then the boss chasing my mage hero around, Benny Hill style, while I stop and shoot my sparkler at him ineffectually every couple of yards. This goes on for 20 painful minutes until I finally drop the dragon with one of my noisemakers.

I haven't dived into the game yet, but I do remember this problem in the demo.  The largest (Ogre?) enemies would wipe out my entire team and chase me around until I widdled down his health for a frustratingly long time.

I'm sure there's a real strategy we're overlooking, but I haven't put much thought into it until I actually start playing the full game.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 12:52:18 PM »
... The real problem with the combat is the big boss fights, like with the dragons and such. I'm not sure what the strategy is supposed to be, but those fights always devolve into my entire party being killed instantly, and then the boss chasing my mage hero around, Benny Hill style, while I stop and shoot my sparkler at him ineffectually every couple of yards. This goes on for 20 painful minutes until I finally drop the dragon with one of my noisemakers.

I haven't dived into the game yet, but I do remember this problem in the demo.  The largest (Ogre?) enemies would wipe out my entire team and chase me around until I widdled down his health for a frustratingly long time.

I'm sure there's a real strategy we're overlooking, but I haven't put much thought into it until I actually start playing the full game.

I'm somewhere around 15 hours in, and that elusive real strategy has yet to appear to me. Things are a little better now that I'm a Spirit Healer pro medic, but I still spend plenty of time running around in circles.

It is also worth pointing out that I'm playing on Hard, which might be inflating the boss HP or something.
Your mom!

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 07:50:19 PM »
idk ive havent had any problems and im almost finished. cant wait to crack open the DLC.
i ALWAYS played as a mage and in DA2 its like i kill everything almost instantly, but for me my playing experience hasnt changed much.
My whole party dies from time to time or when im fighting those rock things in the Deep Roads Q.Q; only complaint i have is that THEY PUT A TIMER ON THE MANA/HEALTH POTIONS! like wuuuuuuuuuuut the f*ck, i used to spam them now i have to run away and pray i dont die till i get to use a pot
again. like WTF?

oh yea i found a new alistair, andras FTW hes so sexy when hes all like RAAAAAAAEEEEEEGGGGG!
idc if hes a abomination, i dont discriminate :D!

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »
Andras? Isn't that the gay mage dude?

Seriously, I go talk to him just to be cool and he starts trying to get into my pants. Then when I reject him, politely, he gets all pissy and now he hates me. Nuts to that.

Now Merrill, she knows what's up. I definitely bowm-chikka-wow-wow'd that.
Your mom!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »

idc if hes a abomination, i dont discriminate :D!

lulz!!

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 09:10:43 PM »
Andras? Isn't that the gay mage dude?

Seriously, I go talk to him just to be cool and he starts trying to get into my pants. Then when I reject him, politely, he gets all pissy and now he hates me. Nuts to that.

Now Merrill, she knows what's up. I definitely bowm-chikka-wow-wow'd that.

OMG I HATE YOU

ive been throwing myself at him for the longest hes all like "well idk, im a abomination are you ready for that?"

YES ANDRAS I AM! now can i PLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE get in your pants? thanks!

why merrill? ill never understand this merrill fascination.

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 10:42:20 PM »
Merrill, like Talia from Mass Effect 2, is the stereotypical shy nerdy girl. You can't introduce a character like that without it being like ringing a dinner bell for the entire lonely male nerd population, of which I am a long time member.
Your mom!

Offline Failed

• Living Legend
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2011, 03:45:52 AM »
did someone mention shy nerdy girl?

... we need a lust smiley, in our current smilies this is the lustiest  :o

Offline citatscEellE

• Designated Twi-hard
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »
Merrill, like Talia from Mass Effect 2, is the stereotypical shy nerdy girl. You can't introduce a character like that without it being like ringing a dinner bell for the entire lonely male nerd population, of which I am a long time member.

why cant there be a shy nerdy dude?
OFCOURSE NOT i have to freaking romance a abomination Q .Q;
whatever hes sexy when he rages..

Offline Handshakes

• Super Dooper Member
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2011, 02:15:25 PM »

why cant there be a shy nerdy dude?
OFCOURSE NOT i have to freaking romance a abomination Q .Q;
whatever hes sexy when he rages..

He doesn't "rage", he whines. Ceaselessly. If this game has a Mass Effect 2 style "everybody keeps dying" ending, I am so putting his annoying ass on the chopping block.
Your mom!

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads