Linked Events

• BioShock Infinite: March 26, 2013

Author Topic: BioShock Infinite  (Read 4557 times)

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
Re: BioShock Infinite
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 11:27:17 PM »
Release Date Announced: October 16, 2012[US] /  October 19, 2012[Internationally]

NEW YORK, Mar 01, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- 2K Games announced today that BioShock(R) Infinite will be available in
North America on October 16, 2012 on the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft,
PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. The title will be available internationally on October 19, 2012.

Developed by Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite won more than 75 editorial awards at E3 in 2011, including the Game Critics
Awards' Best of Show. The title has been named one of the most anticipated games of 2012 by more than 50 media outlets,
including WIRED, USA Today, TIME, GameSpot, and GameTrailers. The BioShock franchise is one of the interactive entertainment
industry's most successful and critically acclaimed series, which has sold-in over 9 million units worldwide.

"After BioShock, we had a vision for a follow up that dwarfed the original in scope and ambition," said Ken Levine (@iglevine),
Creative Director of Irrational Games (@irrationalgames). "BioShock Infinite has been our sole focus for the last four years, and
we can't wait for fans to get their hands on it."

BioShock Infinite puts players in the role of Booker DeWitt, a hard-bitten former Pinkerton agent, together with the revolutionary
AI companion, Elizabeth. The two struggle to escape the sky-city of Columbia, in a 1912 America that might have been. Armed
with an arsenal of new weapons and abilities, they face menacing enemies, in unique expansive environments. Classic BioShock
gameplay joins innovations such as aerial combat on high-speed Sky-Lines in the service of an immersive storyline -- an Irrational
Games signature.

BioShock Infinite is not yet rated by the ESRB.

For more information on BioShock Infinite please visit http://www.bioshockinfinite.com .

About Irrational Games
Located near Boston, Massachusetts, Irrational Games is widely recognized as one of the industry's leading game developers.
Irrational has earned a reputation for creating story-driven, genre-defining games with award-winning hits like System Shock 2,
Freedom Force, and the original BioShock.

For more information, visit http://www.IrrationalGames.com

BTW - unrelated to the release date, but a google search for Bioshock images rendered this:
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:51:11 PM by zerosum »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 10:39:07 AM »
Awesome ... and AWESOME!   8)

Offline ASYLUM NINJA

• Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: ASYLUM NINJA
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 03:26:38 AM »
I second that emotion  ;D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »
Gonna have to finish BioShock 2 at some point, not played it since I encountered a stupid glitch that set me back 5 or so bloody hours!

Offline MumseyFish

• Facebook Page
  • PSN: MumseyFish
  • XBL: Mumsey Fish, Squishary
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »
I've got both 1 and 2, but haven't even gotten through the beginning of the first one yet.  I'd better hurry up! Or then again, maybe I could just take it easy and not hurry through just because a new one is coming out.   I have so many games to catch up on. I'd stress trying to play them all through before the new ones came out. 

But do you really need to play through the first two to play Bioshock Infinite?  Wouldn't you kind of pick up on the basic premise of the game?

Hey, you know what I just thought of?  If I ever get stranded in my house for any reason, I have enough games to keep me busy for ages and ages.  Probably not enough food to get through a week, but definitely enough games.  ;D   So even if we have that monster snow storm that keeps us locked in for a week...I'm all good. lol

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 11:06:13 PM »
You're right Mumsey, you don't need to play through the first two Bioshock games to get into "Infinite" but I'm betting that much like any other game, playing the latest first might cripple the experience of the older two.

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 10:31:22 AM »
Meet BioShock Infinite's Bad Robot George Washington

George Washington... First president of the USA, national American hero and now evil killer robot in BioShock Infinite. Irrational Games has today lifted the lid on the 'Motorized Patriot', a Gatling gun-toting mechanised George Washington who you'll encounter in BioShock Infinite's floating cloud city of Columbia.

Revealed to be one of BioShock Infinite's so-called 'Heavy Hitters', the Motorized Patriot is one of many taxing bad guys who'll stalk the streets of Columbia, providing a stiff challenge for the game's hero, Pinkerton agent, Booker DeWitt.

Speaking to Kotaku, BioShock Infinite Director, Ken Levine revealed a little bit about the Motorized Patriot's background. "His job is to sell people on the vision of Columbia. The Founders have this extremely grandiose vision of what their mission is, and the Motorized Patriot's job is to go around and sell that vision—at first."

Naturally, everything goes to hell in handbasket, big time Rapture-style when the Patriots are weaponised with miniguns. "Also, the Vox Populi can hack them," explained Levine. "Later on, you'll come across Motorized Patriots who are sort of dressed up in Vox Populi colors, with different heads put on, representing one of their heroes. And they're working for the Vox Populi, spouting their propaganda."

As you may know, the Vox Populi are one of Columbia's antagonistic factions, a ruthless resistance group fighting against the Founders. Levine was also quick to distance the Heavy Hitter from BioShock's Big Daddies. "There's gonna be a lot of interesting things in the game that I think remind people a lot of BioShock, but we're not really trying to sort of match anything nose for nose," he said.

BioShock Infinite is coming on October 16th, 2012 in North America and October 19th, 2012 in Europe.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23uGA3linbs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23uGA3linbs</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j32lmi2txrs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j32lmi2txrs</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btA07qRZR4Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btA07qRZR4Q</a>

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOts__QlUHo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOts__QlUHo</a>

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2012, 08:25:35 AM »
BioShock Infinite delayed to 2013
Game pushed to next February "to deliver the best Infinite possible"

2K Games has delayed the release of BioShock Infinite from this October to February 26, 2013.

Irrational Games creative director Ken Levine said: "When we announced the release date of BioShock Infinite in March, we felt pretty good about the timing.

"Since then, we've uncovered opportunities to make Infinite into something even more extraordinary. Therefore, to give our talented team the time they need to deliver the best Infinite possible, we've decided to move the game's release to February."

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »
Glad for the push back in a way...hopefully the time will produce highest quality possible, plus it helps clear up some time to get through some other games... :D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 04:53:47 AM »
Irrational Nabs Gears of War Exec Producer as Multiplayer Modes Slip from Bioshock Infinite

This evening has seen a flurry of announcements and reports surrounding Bioshock Infinite and the studio behind it, Irrational Games.

Following the exit of a couple of high-profile staff yesterday, Irrational has announced that Gears of War executive producer Rod Fergusson has joined the team, while multiplayer modes have been dropped from Bioshock Infinite.

Let’s start with Bioshock Infinite’s multiplayer. According to Kotaku, two planned co-operative modes have been been consigned to the cutting room floor.

The first was a tower defence-type game in which miniature characters did battle against waves of toy-like enemies in an “old-timey arcade machine.” Which sounds odd.

The second apparently had the working title of “Spec-Ops,” borrowing the basic structure of Modern Warfare game mode, with players teaming up against enemies in levels inspired by the single-player campaign.

Irrational Games’ creative director Ken Levine responded to the report saying “As I’ve always said we are experimenting with things, and only if they are good enough will we put them in the game.”

The news comes following the departure two key members of Irrational’s Bioshock Infinite team, director of product development Tim Gerritson and art director Nate Wells.

Levine said, “We never like to see a guy like Nate leave because he’s been here for a long time but it’s been 13 years and I think sometimes people want to spread their wings.”

Meanwhile, as Gerritson and Wells leave the team, Rod Fergusson joins. The Gears of War executive producer revealed on Twitter, “Yes it’s true, I’m leaving my family at Epic to join my new family at Irrational in Boston starting tomorrow.”

Alongside Cliff Bleszinski, Fergusson was one of the figureheads of the Gears of War series, following a spell of eight years in an executive producer role at Epic Games.

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »
 :o - That's a bit of a shake-up...

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty