Author Topic: WGL Invitation  (Read 3046 times)

Offline wglCeltwii

WGL Invitation
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:26:56 AM »
Hello all, firstly sorry for the following essay :D but i believe its worth the read and could greatley benefit your clan!

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to take part in two leagues that The WGL will be launching in November. For those of you that dont already know The WGL. We are a community run league that has been going for over a year now that was setup after a bunch of us had enough of GB kids and attitudes. Our leagues have always catered for all Skill forms with our Top divisions having some very good teams but other divisions been made up purely of teams who just want to play for fun and enjoy the community. The league even has teams entirely made up of girls take part!

The ethos of our leagues has always been about having good competition with clans of similar abilities and no matter what the results are make sure that all teams have a good time!

To encourage more of a community atmosphere we also run A Betting game called Goldrush that allows everyone to bet fake money on the outcome of games and the person with the most fake money at the end of the season gets some ms points!

We also have our own wiki were encourage all clans and players to contribute to be it adding a player profile or a clan page and at the moment we already have a great black ops resource section building!

Last but not least we also run a TV station where we record matches for people to watch as well as doing Live matches with commentators, pre match interviews. Promo videos etc. We always aim to make sure all clans from all divisions get a turn in the spotlight which makes everything a bit more fun! From next season the live shows will be sponsored by 360 Gamer!

Both Leagues that we run are made up of divisions of 8 with each team playing each other once and at the end of the season 2 get promoted and 2 relegated the leagues however differentiate as follows

Mix Mode League - Season 6 - This league takes place over the best of 5 maps and 5 different modes - CTF,TDM,SND,DOM,DEM. The first team to win 3 maps wins. This is played as a 6v6!

SND League - Season 1 - This League takes place over 1 map a week with the best of 16 rounds. This first to 9 wins and if it finishes 8-8 its a draw. We are are basing our SND league on Counter-strike as this is what SND is. By only playing 1 map a week it will make the game a more tactical affair. No longer will a mistake or a quick rush cost you the game. we will also be tweaking more rules, already we will be banning all killstreaks for this mode as well as extending the plant and defuse time.

We really hope to see you guys take part in our league as its a league run by the community for the community with an admin base made up over 10 clans!

Our website is www.thewgl.co.uk, you can also join our forums and post up an introduction http://thewgl.tv/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

I hope to hear from you soon! :)

Offline Jaynestown

• Forum Moderator
  • Way Beyond Awesome
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me!
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • XBL: Jaynestown
Re: WGL Invitation
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 12:32:32 PM »
Hello all, firstly sorry for the following essay :D but i believe its worth the read and could greatley benefit your clan!

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to take part in two leagues that The WGL will be launching in November. For those of you that dont already know The WGL. We are a community run league that has been going for over a year now that was setup after a bunch of us had enough of GB kids and attitudes. Our leagues have always catered for all Skill forms with our Top divisions having some very good teams but other divisions been made up purely of teams who just want to play for fun and enjoy the community. The league even has teams entirely made up of girls take part!

The ethos of our leagues has always been about having good competition with clans of similar abilities and no matter what the results are make sure that all teams have a good time!

To encourage more of a community atmosphere we also run A Betting game called Goldrush that allows everyone to bet fake money on the outcome of games and the person with the most fake money at the end of the season gets some ms points!

We also have our own wiki were encourage all clans and players to contribute to be it adding a player profile or a clan page and at the moment we already have a great black ops resource section building!

Last but not least we also run a TV station where we record matches for people to watch as well as doing Live matches with commentators, pre match interviews. Promo videos etc. We always aim to make sure all clans from all divisions get a turn in the spotlight which makes everything a bit more fun! From next season the live shows will be sponsored by 360 Gamer!

Both Leagues that we run are made up of divisions of 8 with each team playing each other once and at the end of the season 2 get promoted and 2 relegated the leagues however differentiate as follows

Mix Mode League - Season 6 - This league takes place over the best of 5 maps and 5 different modes - CTF,TDM,SND,DOM,DEM. The first team to win 3 maps wins. This is played as a 6v6!

SND League - Season 1 - This League takes place over 1 map a week with the best of 16 rounds. This first to 9 wins and if it finishes 8-8 its a draw. We are are basing our SND league on Counter-strike as this is what SND is. By only playing 1 map a week it will make the game a more tactical affair. No longer will a mistake or a quick rush cost you the game. we will also be tweaking more rules, already we will be banning all killstreaks for this mode as well as extending the plant and defuse time.

We really hope to see you guys take part in our league as its a league run by the community for the community with an admin base made up over 10 clans!

Our website is www.thewgl.co.uk, you can also join our forums and post up an introduction http://thewgl.tv/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

I hope to hear from you soon! :)

Dunno about anyone else, but WTF does that all mean?  ???

Thank god for the new Tomb Raider, helped me de-stress after a tough week! More of the same please

Offline wglCeltwii

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 12:54:29 PM »

This is our primary cod league which is a mixed game variety, capture the flag, team deathmatch, search and destroy, domination and demolition. Gamemodes and maps are picked at random.

This is the new addition to our leagues, 1 map will be picked each week and there is 16 rounds (Roughly 30minutes to complete). The first team to 9 wins.

Hope that clears it up?

-Celtwii

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 02:01:40 PM »

Offline Lukehi

• Forum Moderator
  • Super Dooper Member
  • Elle <3 Jacob
  • Last.fm: Lukehi
  • XBL: Lukehi
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »
and CoD sux... :-*

Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

Offline wglCeltwii

Re: WGL Competition Invitation
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 02:11:11 PM »
Cheers nCogNeato,

Try this one: http://thewgl.co.uk/

Yeah i can see how it may be difficult attendance wise with you all having busy schedules, id just like to say tho that yes mainly the top few divisions are quite competitive, but we also provide for teams who are in it for the shear fun and banter that comes with the community :)

Again thanks anyway, hopefully we might see you lads stop by sometime. :)

Best of luck, Celtwii

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »
Is WGL any relation to World Gamer Live (http://www.worldgamerlive.com/)?

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
Re: WGL Competition Invitation
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 02:13:54 PM »
Try this one: http://thewgl.co.uk/

Still not working for me.  Perhaps it's my computer, or the fact I'm in the US?

Can anyone else get http://thewgl.co.uk to load?

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »
Works fine for me Neato.   :)

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 02:19:40 PM »
Works fine for me Neato.   :)

I'll try again tonight from my home computer.

Offline wglCeltwii

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 02:22:03 PM »
Nope no relation mate, not sure what the problem is neato possibly the browser?  :)

Offline dfusioness

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • XBL: xbn darkdesire
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 02:23:38 PM »
no problems for me either-its america its weird  :P

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »
no problems for me either-its america its weird  :P

Yup.

Offline dfusioness

• Way Beyond Awesome
  • XBL: xbn darkdesire
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 02:31:39 PM »
why are you agreeing with me -this is too easy  ???

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
    • You Are Here
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 02:34:37 PM »
why are you agreeing with me -this is too easy  ???

Yup.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads