Author Topic: Madden NFL 12  (Read 653 times)

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: crak316
  • PSN: crak316
  • XBL: crak316
Madden NFL 12
« on: March 22, 2011, 08:58:06 AM »
Madden's Cover Competition has 32 Candidates, and the Fans are One

EA Sports will put the cover of Madden NFL 12 up to a vote of fans for a second year, this time staging a 32-player, March Madness-style playoff from today through April 27. Michael Vick, the notorious Philadelphia Eagles quarterback who served nearly two years in federal prison for running a dogfighting ring, is a candidate.

Voting will be conducted in partnership with ESPN at www.ESPN.com/MaddenVote. A pick-the-bracket contest with prizes, including Super Bowl tickets, is being held at the Madden Facebook page.

Vick, who was on the cover of Madden NFL 2004, three years before his legal troubles, will be joined by Madden NFL 11's cover star, Drew Brees of New Orleans, seeking an unusual two straight Madden covers. None but John Madden himself, in the game's early days, have done that.

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the MVP of Super Bowl XLV, will represent the world champion Green Bay Packers. Other candidates include running backs Maurice Jones-Drew of Jacksonville and Adrian Peterson of Minnesota, and Chicago Bears defensive end Julius Peppers.

Last year, EA Sports held a three-way voting competition for the Madden NFL 11 cover, which Brees won easily. The bracket idea is a shrewd move, coming at a time when much of the United States is consumed by picking brackets for the NCAA basketball tournament. EA Sports also needs a little more of a spark - and a long-lasting, visible campaign reminding fans that Madden NFL 12 will release as planned - as an off-putting labor dispute between NFL players and owners wears on.

The bracket will be seeded and fans will vote as the competition progresses through to a final round, meaning 31 different matchups will be held.

Choose your picks below
http://www.espn.com/maddenvote
http://www.facebook.com/EASPORTSMaddenNFL

Offline Jurassic Parky

• XBL: Jurassic Parky
Re: Madden NFL 12
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »
Already voted. :D

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:55:20 PM »

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 05:10:07 AM »
Madden NFL 12 Said to Include Concussions to Present a Safety Message

Remarkably, Madden NFL 12 will depict players suffering concussions, according to the president of the NFL Players' Association, but apparently in a manner that reinforces the seriousness of the injury and the message that playing through one is not a good idea.

In a tweet first reported on by Gamasutra, George Atallah, a senior official with the NFLPA, praised EA Sports for the injury's inclusion. "Good for EA Sports. Concussed players in NFL Madden prevented from returning to play," Atallah wrote. "Culture change is important."

Evidently that means players will be shown being taken from the field, unable to return. Past versions of Madden have included a coaching decision to re-insert players who have suffered certain injuries that the game considers playable. Concussions won't be one, reinforcing the message, especially to younger players, that it is a serious injury and not a time to be a hero playing through it.

The NFL instituted rules in 2009 that prevent players from re-entering a game if they've suffered a concussion, responding to a mounting controversy over the long-term effects of repeated concussions and the league's posture toward player safety.

Big-hitting action has been a touchy subject in NFL-licensed video games, especially since 2006 when Midway walked away from its NFL Blitz license after the league became concerned about the over-the-top hitting presented in the game. EA Sports is said to own the Blitz license now.

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »
Box art revealed ...

Offline zerosum

• Forum Moderator
  • Living Legend
  • Some people drink Pepsi, some people drink Coke...
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • PSN: ZeroEquals
  • Steam: ZeroEquals
  • XBL: ZeroEquals
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 01:48:12 AM »
Box art revealed ...

Sweet! The NFL is back!!.....oh, wait... :(

Offline GamerMan316

• Forum Moderator
  • Über Legend
  • BEST SINCE DAY ONE
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 06:44:21 AM »
Typically easy achievements

Offline hoosierjoe

• Moderately Dope
    • Time Zone: GMT -02
  • Last.fm: hoosierjoe
  • PSN: hoosierjoe
  • XBL: hoosierjoe
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 08:29:58 AM »
Got it yesterday.  For those that care:

Franchise Mode - Minimal changes to those that dont dive deep into this mode.  Improved scouting, expanded rosters and custom playbooks being the most notable.

Online - Have only played one game but it was smooth.  The new communities feature is kinda cool, but I havent got in on that yet.  Online franchises are exactly the same as last year it appears.

One thing I will say is that this game has the WORST commentary I've ever heard in a game of ANY kind.  It's like they went back 10 years.  They lump clips together like every other game, but the clips have different sound quality and vary from screaming in excitement to sounding bored as can be in the same comment.

Overall, it's still Madden.  If you've enjoyed it in the past you'll enjoy it.. if not then you wont.  If you have last years you might be ok just sticking with '11... I havent purchased since '09 so I wanted to get back in.

Offline AnalogReflex

• Time Zone: GMT -05
  • XBL: AnalogReflex
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 08:33:45 AM »
I hope to be getting this in the mail today from GameFly. I tried the demo (on Rookie mind you) but it was refreshing to actually have a running game. I'm looking forward to playing it when I get it.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads