Author Topic: It's been a good run  (Read 1324 times)

DFUSIONITE

It's been a good run
« on: May 04, 2011, 03:32:18 PM »
I am leaving the site unfortunately, for many reasons not all of which i want to go into. The main reason however is that this site is feeling less and less like a community. I remember when i first joined, and the reason i stayed was partly due to a lot of the decisions regarding the site, how it was run etc etc were put to a community vote or discussion. Recently this hasn't felt like the case, for me at least. As soon as decisions start being made by the mods on a moderator forum and then relayed to the members it ceases to be a community and becomes just like all the other many many gaming forums out there, of which i am a member of quite a few. A lot of the original members that i really got on with have left, including tara, for there own reasons whatever they might have been and even more members are joining  and then never posting or joining in with community events. The only reason i have left to come on to the site is to arrange game nights with my friends, but i do that on my 360 now especially since all the furore regarding that. I posted about a person who i greatly admire passing on, and next minute failed is saying that we aren't allowed to do that any more unless it's game related or debate worthy, but who decides if it is debate worthy? I am guessing the mods. I felt upset by this because craig has posted tons of obituaries and nothing was ever said, i do it once in the correct section may i add and suddenly we aren't allowed to do it as it's too depressing and clogs the forums. There are tons of pointless threads on this site, many started by failed himself and to me an obituary in the correct section is not pointless, but there you go. i wasn't going to mention any of this i was simply going to leave, but vicki was upset that i felt this way, that i felt it was directed at me because it was only decided after i posted and she tried defending me, she probably went about it the wrong way but i am still glad she defended me. If my wife doesn't have my back who does? I am not leaving over this incident alone, i am just not happy with the current direction that the site seems to be heading in as i explained at the start of my post. I have made some close friends on here and i will continue to game with you, i hope you know who you are. i am deleting anyone i don't game or chat with more than once a week so if i delete you it's because of that. Thanks for the last 5 years guys, it's been fun. all the best.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:00:30 PM by DFUSIONITE »

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
Re: It's been a good run
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
You're an awesome guy, Dave.  We'll hate to not have you around the forums.  You'll always be welcome back if you so choose.

Offline Dankinia

• Super Dooper Member
  • Queen of Assists a.k.a the bait
    • Time Zone: GMT -07
  • Steam: Dankinia
  • XBL: Dankinia
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »
I'm sorry to see you leave Dave. 

Offline Windedprism

• Baile Atha Cliath
  • Super Dooper Member
  • 2011 GAA Senior Football Champions
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: windedprism
  • XBL: Windedprism
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 06:51:51 PM »
not cool.not cool.Neato,you are overseer so to speak yeah? we can all discuss this right? this happened way to fast,wy to fast.
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[/url]

Offline nCogNeato

• Administrator
  • Über Legend
  • "Mr. Neato" if you're nasty
    • Time Zone: GMT -05
    • You Are Here
  • Last.fm: nCogNeato
  • OnLive: nCogNeato
  • PSN: nCogNeato
  • Steam: Mr_Neato
  • Wii: 4102880400203632
  • XBL: nCogNeato
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »
I couldn't agree more, Windy.

Offline sambo

• Greatness Personified
  • No cuts, no buts, no coconuts?
    • Time Zone: GMT
  • Last.fm: sambomaher
  • XBL: ox SAMBO xo
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
Sorry to hear this Dave. You and Vicky will alway's be welcome here, I'm sure we will catch up on live.

Advertisement:
Login to Remove Ads